Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

I think McGrath will turn into an excellent player. If st mirren are accepting Gogic as any part of a deal, then I think we've made a huge mistake not offering them Gurr before he left, or maybe some dog shite off the Cormack park pitches.

Edited by RicoS321
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jute said:

I tend to agree on this seasons form however recruitment team and manager have been chasing this lad since the summer so failure to land their primary target does not look to good.

I'll give you that.

Extremely fair point.

20 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I think McGrath will turn into an excellent player. If st mirren are accepting Gogic as any part of a deal, then I think we've made a huge mistake not offering them Gurr before he left, or maybe some dog shite off the Cormack park pitches.

We have plenty of players to offer them, plus, given he’ll be out of contract, we have the cash. We can make a deal if we really want him, but it’s more if we really want him and he ultimately wants to come to us. 

19 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

We have plenty of players to offer them, plus, given he’ll be out of contract, we have the cash. We can make a deal if we really want him, but it’s more if we really want him and he ultimately wants to come to us. 

He made his bed as far as I'm concerned and basically can get to fuck or Easter Road if he prefers

21 minutes ago, BigAl said:

He made his bed as far as I'm concerned and basically can get to fuck or Easter Road if he prefers

Remember when both us & Hibs were after Ojo and McInnes was so chuffed he signed for us and he was pretty pish (tho has been ok this season) maybe that will happen again and Glass is driving in the storm to Paisley to persuade him 😜

1 hour ago, Goldie03 said:

Remember when both us & Hibs were after Ojo and McInnes was so chuffed he signed for us and he was pretty pish (tho has been ok this season) maybe that will happen again and Glass is driving in the storm to Paisley to persuade him 😜

Actually there might well be an element of truth in that yet.

Reports now circulating that McGrath has knocked back Hibs and that Maloney now looking elsewhere 

11 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Would we still have him if he's already(apparently) knocked us back?

This happens all the time, these are professional footballers we are talking about. They are looking out for themselves and their families. If he knocked us back with our first offer, so what. Aberdeen is very different to Edinburgh, if you have family roots in the central belt. I am not sure if he has a wife and kids yet but if he does then that comes into it. Plus who wouldn't wait and see what other offers get put on the table? If he comes great, if he chooses Hibs, well fuck him, he will continue to be an opposition team player!!

Edited by Chris Frae Killie
Spelling!

14 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

When we signed Besuijen the press statement mentioned us getting him despite interest from "other Scottish clubs". That immediately made me think we'd stolen another player from Hibs.

26 minutes ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Our January transfer business is fucking rank rotten like every other one!

100% agree.

Though it does take months and months to buy 1 college player from America and a guy from the Dutch 2nd division- (nothing wrong with that).

We're putting a lot of hope in Besuijen 

Brilliant work!

3 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

100% agree.

Though it does take months and months to buy 1 college player from America and a guy from the Dutch 2nd division- (nothing wrong with that).

We're putting a lot of hope in Besuijen 

Brilliant work!

It's just so frustrating. I think conmack wants glass to operate how he did at his atalata reserve side' bring on the youth to sell for mega bucks. Forget success on the pitch for the trophy starved dons fans!! Its a effing joke. I despise dodgy dave.

On Besuijen I think he will be good. But we're in need of a striker and someone to replace Hedges.

I think Besuijen will be brilliant but he may be 1 quality player we have other than Ramsay (who could be gone)

I see the rest as bang on average players who cannot lift their game when the chips are down unfortunately.

I still like Ramirez but he needs quality balls and space to thrive.

I also wish Hedges had stayed. 

45 minutes ago, BigAl said:

WTF

What about MacKenzie, Consi, Hayes & Campbell..... 

This is a totally bizarre signing and requires an explanation 

Way I see it, he's competition for MacKenzie. We need Hayes in midfield given we haven't increased quality there, Andy was slow before the injury and is not a left back, and Campbell is a midfielder. Saying that, James McFadden started at left back, maybe we/Montgomery sees him as a winger? Regardless, unless he's an impact player like Christie in a key position we need, we should be developing our own youngsters.

Edited by LA-Don