Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

35 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

A lot of flailing tackles in those clips! Also, they suspiciously seemed to cut away before the final ball/shot on many of them. I've a feeling I could put together 2-3 minutes of McLennan clips that would make him look fairly decent, and that's basically the benchmark for this lad - to be better than McLennan. I'll put him down for a hattrick the morn.

7 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

True. Or van der ven, ten caat, even ferne snoyl! Or Paul mason, all we’d never heard of who did well for us. Positive thinking!!

Van De Ven was pish. Ten Caat was average. Ferne Snoyl was vastly overrated. Gillhaus and Snelders are the benchmark (Mason disnae count, he was English), and Van Der Ark gets a special mention for being fucking massive.

I think we can all agree that he's already better than Dave Bus.

Edit: and Dyron Daal

Edit again: Touzani was okay, and I'm nae old enough to remember Sven Baas

Edited by RicoS321

17 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Van De Ven was pish. Ten Caat was average. Ferne Snoyl was vastly overrated. Gillhaus and Snelders are the benchmark (Mason disnae count, he was English), and Van Der Ark gets a special mention for being fucking massive.

I'm old enough but even I struggle to remember Sven Baas 😂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Bit harsh, all did a job. Snelders and Gillhaus weren't unknown hence I didn't mention them. Anyway, interesting signing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

McGinn going to Dundee on an 18 month contract.

Thanks for the memories Niall

Bit slow with breaking that news. Hopefully your prospective client won't take that into account tomorrow. I mean, I would, but that's just me.

Edited by RicoS321
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Bit slow with breaking that news. Hopefully your prospective client won't take that into account tomorrow. I mean, I would, but that's just me.

A whole 60 seconds

You had the advantage of age and no doubt dexterity 😉

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

mcginn as talented a player we had last 10 years , right time to go all the best

I'd even say our best player over the years, a joy to watch and some excellent goals. Hoping Mikey Johnston follows his footsteps of a Celtic fringe player we can snap up who has an impactful career here!

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I'd even say our best player over the years, a joy to watch and some excellent goals. Hoping Mikey Johnston follows his footsteps of a Celtic fringe player we can snap up who has an impactful career here!

Johnston won't be signing for us.

He signed a five year deal in 2019.

If he comes on loan and performs well that only serves to price him outwith our reach.

30 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Johnston won't be signing for us.

He signed a five year deal in 2019.

If he comes on loan and performs well that only serves to price him outwith our reach.

Perhaps, but signed a new contract under an old manager. New guy clearly has his own ideas and is bringing different players in.

9 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Perhaps, but signed a new contract under an old manager. New guy clearly has his own ideas and is bringing different players in.

I know but that's not my point.

If he does well with us on loan and The Tim's don't want him we will still potentially have only served to price him outwith our range with others able to afford him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BigAl said:

You're a 🌟 Mrs

You know not to trust these young whippersnappers 😉

Hope you're keeping well 👍

Exactly I need to hear it from a trusted source ha

I'm grand thanks and looking forward to finally seeing the dons at Livi and the cuptie at Motherwell if it's not a pesky evening kick off 

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Dutch second division has wildly different standard of teams and players. No idea if this lad will be any good or not but it’s definitely a position we needed to fill and a market we should be using more. 

He played most of last season in the Dutch top league which is arguably better than our top league.

9 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I know but that's not my point.

If he does well with us on loan and The Tim's don't want him we will still potentially have only served to price him outwith our range with others able to afford him.

Sad but true. I don't want to help build up their fringe players for them to profit massively. It doesn't help us short or long term imo.  Nice of one of my former local clubs supply us with another player. Will try do some digging about him.

Gutted McGinn is off, I had hoped he'd see the season out but I imagine his wage is quite high.

6 minutes ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

He played most of last season in the Dutch top league which is arguably better than our top league.

Played 50 games all in from 2020,of which 25(6 goals) this season.Played on the left and right,and has played as attacking midfielder and striker. Hopefully skilful and useful enough to not mean utility player