Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

16 hours ago, HaarDon said:

How long do players like Dante Polvara have to quarantine for nowadays?

Is he actually in Scotland yet or available for the hun game?

'Polvara oh oh 

Cantare oh oh oh oh

No wonder my happy heart sings

He's hotter than buffalo wings'

😁

No

We need to cut our losses with Devlin and move on, waste of a wage. Damaged good and would rather see glass being through another youth to fill the squad than have Devlin. Nothing against the guy, he’s just in a similar spot to tommy Hoban.

A little surprised to see us go for Zander Clark too but has joe peaked and is now on the decline? He’s been an excellent servant to the club but perhaps we move for a solid new keeper while he’s available. Don’t mind either way.

2 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

We need to cut our losses with Devlin and move on, waste of a wage. Damaged good and would rather see glass being through another youth to fill the squad than have Devlin. Nothing against the guy, he’s just in a similar spot to tommy Hoban.

A little surprised to see us go for Zander Clark too but has joe peaked and is now on the decline? He’s been an excellent servant to the club but perhaps we move for a solid new keeper while he’s available. Don’t mind either way.

Clark a cheaper option than Lewis is my guess. Lewis definitely a better keeper so unless Lewis has asked to be transferred/released cost reduction is only thing that makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

! We will never ever even challenge for 2nd place again  ! Oh well we can sign broom and Turner!! Pathetic non existent ambition from that yank shyster!!

Would you prefer your sugar daddy bankrolled us? What level of debt do you think we should run up? Can you define "ambition", and how you think signing a player - McGrath - who wouldn't get into Hun or Tim sides would fit into that? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Apparently Cagliari have made a “loan with obligation to buy” offer for Ferguson. 
What’s the point in that? If you want to buy him just give us the money now…

They are struggling this season and suspect it’s down to them not wanting to pay a big fee if they get relegated. Think Ferguson would suit a move to Italy so hopefully more than just Cagliari interested. 

8 hours ago, Jute said:

They are struggling this season and suspect it’s down to them not wanting to pay a big fee if they get relegated. Think Ferguson would suit a move to Italy so hopefully more than just Cagliari interested. 

Yes, Sky were reporting it last night as having an obligation to buy him for £3.5M at the end of the season if we they avoid relegation.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Yes, Sky were reporting it last night as having an obligation to buy him for £3.5M at the end of the season if we they avoid relegation.

They are Italian team I follow and they are pish this season. Create very little, don’t score many and keep making defensive mistakes that kill them. Cannot see them avoiding relegation unless they get new players in. From games I have watched think Ferguson would get a game ahead of their existing midfield but not sure he would be able to help keep them up. 

8 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

See Charles-Cook got 2 tonight for County. Thought he’d looked decent few times I’ve seen him in highlights.

One to keep an eye on or just an irregular run of form? 

I think he's a great player and was hoping McInnes might have made a move for him a while back, but it seems he only picks up the shite players that have good games against us.

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2022 at 23:40, baggy89 said:

Apparently Cagliari have made a “loan with obligation to buy” offer for Ferguson. 
What’s the point in that? If you want to buy him just give us the money now…

Glass saying that Ferguson not going to Cagliari. I think the Italian league would be a good move for him. 

I'm hoping that whoever comes in for him will give us the Kenny McLean option of keeping him until summer. He dominated the Huns midfield last night and that's a run of about 6-7 games where he's really starting to show his ability. I think we'd really struggle to replace him and especially in this window, but I also think we'll miss out on the best form of his career if we cash in right now.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Glass saying that Ferguson not going to Cagliari. I think the Italian league would be a good move for him. 

I'm hoping that whoever comes in for him will give us the Kenny McLean option of keeping him until summer. He dominated the Huns midfield last night and that's a run of about 6-7 games where he's really starting to show his ability. I think we'd really struggle to replace him and especially in this window, but I also think we'll miss out on the best form of his career if we cash in right now.

Between now and August 31st, or whenever the summer window closes, has to be the strongest position we'll be in with Ferguson. Strongest we've been since Aston Villa offered a similar deal for McKenna with a few hours of the transfer window left. If he can keep the form till end of the season with 2 years left on his deal, we should receive a sizable offer.

While I'd like to see us keep him for a long time, if we let it go much beyond next January, I can imagine him pushing for a move from a derisory offer from the huns or he'll wait 6 months and sign a pre-contract with the cunts. Can't really fault his performance last night, someone said on twitter (so likely to be absolute shite) that he didn't celebrate his goal?

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

Between now and August 31st, or whenever the summer window closes, has to be the strongest position we'll be in with Ferguson. Strongest we've been since Aston Villa offered a similar deal for McKenna with a few hours of the transfer window left. If he can keep the form till end of the season with 2 years left on his deal, we should receive a sizable offer.

While I'd like to see us keep him for a long time, if we let it go much beyond next January, I can imagine him pushing for a move from a derisory offer from the huns or he'll wait 6 months and sign a pre-contract with the cunts. Can't really fault his performance last night, someone said on twitter (so likely to be absolute shite) that he didn't celebrate his goal?

He ran and got the ball, as if the draw wasn't enough. He looked determined, and maybe slightly relieved after that dirty Hun Uri Geller tried to fuck up his penalty. I don't know what the poster on Twitter is suggesting, but you don't have to look too far back to see Ferguson celebrating a winner against the Huns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He ran and got the ball, as if the draw wasn't enough. He looked determined, and maybe slightly relieved after that dirty Hun Uri Geller tried to fuck up his penalty. I don't know what the poster on Twitter is suggesting, but you don't have to look too far back to see Ferguson celebrating a winner against the Huns. 

Makes sense.