Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Wish him no ill to be honest.

Given that Wolves gave us a signing clause in the loan deal, did think he might not be up to much.

Shame really.

The signing clause was always an odd one given his deal is up this summer and is free to sign elsewhere from now.

I never really felt we saw enough of Samuels to make a judgement either way 2bh,  he only made 6 appearances and 3 of those were off the bench.  The few times he did appear I didn't think he was completely useless and his pace looked to be causing teams some problems at times.  It didn't help that those games were when our defence was leaking a lot of cheap goals and the team was under way more pressure. Regardless though he had become deadwood and its good to see us shedding some of that.  

Re Clark and Lewis aye that did raise my eyebrow a wee bit as goalie is not a problem position at the moment.  I wonder if Joe is considering his options after essentially having the captaincy taken from him.  Or maybe just wants to be closer to family down south blah blah blah. If he is off Clark is a more than adequate replacement I would say.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

It's been years since we got anyone decent on loan. Maddison is the last one I can think of. Would be better just giving time to our own youngsters. 

Christie? Always enjoyed watching how unseriously he took the game,like he was having a kick about with his mates.And his guile/craftiness while playing.Seemed to turn affa serious looking when he returned to Timmy

Re Lewis -  Only problem I think he suffers from now and again is confidence.Have the apparent poor spells not occured when the various defence combos have been at their shakiest? Hopeful Gallacher can bed in if we allow him time,maybe another young one in for cover if nothing in the reserves

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Christie? Always enjoyed watching how unseriously he took the game,like he was having a kick about with his mates.And his guile/craftiness while playing.Seemed to turn affa serious looking when he returned to Timmy

Re Lewis -  Only problem I think he suffers from now and again is confidence.Have the apparent poor spells not occured when the various defence combos have been at their shakiest? Hopeful Gallacher can bed in if we allow him time,maybe another young one in for cover if nothing in the reserves

Good point, Christie was with us for a couple of years so you almost forget he was a loan. Still a good few years since we got anyone decent in. If we had given the time we gave to the likes of James Wilson to one of youth prospects maybe some more of them would have kicked on. Got to credit Glass, he seems more likely to give our own young players a chance than McInnes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

😂 better hope he doesn’t go in the end then

Jesus, Dave getting drawn in by bloke on twitter. Mental.

I don't mind Jenks, but I wouldn't care if he left either. He's one of these players that isn't good enough to consistently play in our first team and by the time he's up to speed we'll be sending him back with little to show for it. 

9 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Read today we are close to a precontract. Hoping we can punt Kennedy or the likes in their direction and get McGrath now.

St Mirren fans on P&B resigned to him leaving but certainly don't want Kennedy or one of our "cast offs" in return.