Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January transfer window and the squad as it stands

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

Fuck off with this pish.

Just change our name to Celtic B.

Fucking ridiculous.  I don't doubt he's talented, but what in the actual fuck.  We got burnt before, but I guess this is how the club view themselves now.  We're Atlanta's bitches, why not the tims. A(DP)FC.

3 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Fucking ridiculous.  I don't doubt he's talented, but what in the actual fuck.  We got burnt before, but I guess this is how the club view themselves now.  We're Atlanta's bitches, why not the tims. A(DP)FC.

If he was ready for our league the victims would not have originally been happy to loan him to Kilmarnock in the championship. 

As with much of the last 18 months I just don’t get it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see the club are holding Christie up as a success story. Was it fuck. He couldn't play in the games we needed him most, left and scored against us in the cup final. Fuck. That.

Just shows level of disconnect between those who work at club and Fanbase. 

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

Just shows level of disconnect between those who work at club and Fanbase. 

To be honest, it is seriously worrying that those in the corridors of power can't see just how unpopular a move something like this is going to be.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

To be honest, it is seriously worrying that those in the corridors of power can't see just how unpopular a move something like this is going to be.

If they couldn’t see before the reaction in their social media channels will enlighten them. 

• Like 1

If a player makes our team better while he's here then he's worth having. The only question with this Montgomery boy is whether he does that or not and you've got to say that's questionable at this stage.

Ryan Christie didn't score against us in a cup final because we had him on loan: if he hadn't been loaned here he'd have been loaned elsewhere anyway so it's completely false complaint. We were a better team when we had him than when we didn't so of course it was worthwhile.

Could be worse, we could be spunking tens of thousands a week on a 31yo crock.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

If a player makes our team better while he's here then he's worth having. The only question with this Montgomery boy is whether he does that or not and you've got to say that's questionable at this stage.

Ryan Christie didn't score against us in a cup final because we had him on loan: if he hadn't been loaned here he'd have been loaned elsewhere anyway so it's completely false complaint. We were a better team when we had him than when we didn't so of course it was worthwhile.

Could be worse, we could be spunking tens of thousands a week on a 31yo crock.

But another club didn’t develop Christie for them we did. There is no way we should be developing players for them. 

• Like 1

Episode 2 Goodbye GIF by The Office

It's shut for us according to Scott Burns

We were working on a couple of deals but they aren't happening apparently

I'm off to my scratcher and will reflect upon this window in the morning as right now struggling to take too many positives from it

Well, if it means anything, read he was a forward until recently, and also plays left wing. At least we can say we need that. However, is he better than Kennedy and McLennan? We have those two plus Hayes and the dutch guy, but still no #10, which I have said for maybe 4 windows now, that's the key to our team, and attacking creative central player. Tough player to find on our budget but ffs.

Very disappointing window.

Is it Glass’ fault? We have a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment on the payroll. Glass is as much at fault for failure to sign any of our targets as our Assistant Manager is for not being able to turn Connor McLennan into Harry Kane.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Is it Glass’ fault? We have a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment on the payroll. Glass is as much at fault for failure to sign any of our targets as our Assistant Manager is for not being able to turn Connor McLennan into Harry Kane.

It's all their faults. 

But Glass is responsible for building the team.

Nobody wants to sign for us as we are a mediocre middle of the league team.

9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

It's all their faults. 

But Glass is responsible for building the team.

Nobody wants to sign for us as we are a mediocre middle of the league team.

Apart from the guys that did sign for us. Didnt look like we tried too hard to sign anyone else.Were we maybe expecting to sell someone this window?

I'm sure it's a very difficult job dealing with players , agents and timing.

However, surely you crave success as a manager and look months ahead as to whom might be available.

It seems Glass and DM leave things to the last minute having been content with beating Hibs to some signing a few days before the window shuts.

It's shit management.

All these promises.

We haven't moved on from decades ago.

I used to think we were the 2nd, 3rd best team in Scotland.

What saddens me is the reality that we aren't.

Hearts are better than us ffs and we are competing with the likes of Hibs, Motherwell (again) and even Livingston.

I'm not expecting Glass to make us a far better team in his 1st season but  all this talk of great football, goals, excitement is just bollocks.

We have a good winger (hopefully), a teenager on loan from the same league and a dude from college.

Wtf?

Been thinking this morning about the whole transfer window thing.

Obviously hugely disgusted disappointed about the lack of players coming in but also have had a think about the lack of interest in what appears to be our two most marketable assets i.e Ferguson and Ramsay.

The grand total of zero bids for Ferguson and only one club actually put money on the table for Ramsay despite all the bluster coming out of the club about how we were going to facing a deluge of offers for them. This begs the question, are they as good as we'd like to think or have we over hyped the pair of them ?

9 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I'm sure it's a very difficult job dealing with players , agents and timing.

However, surely you crave success as a manager and look months ahead as to whom might be available.

It seems Glass and DM leave things to the last minute having been content with beating Hibs to some signing a few days before the window shuts.

It's shit management.

All these promises.

We haven't moved on from decades ago.

I used to think we were the 2nd, 3rd best team in Scotland.

What saddens me is the reality that we aren't.

Hearts are better than us ffs and we are competing with the likes of Hibs, Motherwell (again) and even Livingston.

I'm not expecting Glass to make us a far better team in his 1st season but  all this talk of great football, goals, excitement is just bollocks.

We have a good winger (hopefully), a teenager on loan from the same league and a dude from college.

Wtf?

Aye,its the pace of upgrading the side versus trying to maintain our interest for the rest of this and next season. You'd think theyre as aware of our deficincies as we all are.Some sort of statement re near to mid term plans to let us know why were at where were at