Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Spoon burners at home.

Fucks sake manc 😉

So what effect, if any, will cormack passionate backing of glass have on Saturday?  It defo takes the pressure off him a wee bit even if that's only because people are talking about the chairman instead.  It would certainly be a great time to get a win and ease the pressure even more.. 

Thanks, tlg, Meh 😉

If we some how fluke a win against hibs, or any of the top 6 for that matter, I’d say it’s only papering over the cracks. I could be wrong (hopefully very likely) but I just can’t see this working. I’d be overjoyed if we somehow manage to string a few points together, don’t even care how we get them, but a win and a draw will give us all some hope. Certainly seems like the team’s bereft of any confidence and belief in the “system”. We’re shite at the back, middle and Ramirez isolated at the top. 

I actually fear for the hearts game the most out of this bunch. Playing well, and scrappy doo (cammy devlin) is doing exactly what I know he’d do. He was who we should have signed, not brown. 

anyway, hibs will likely want to avenge their own defeat and the more likely to do so. Sorry for being so pessimistic, but I’m struggling to cling to anything about the dons at the mo. Actually, I lie, that’s doing a disservice to Ramsay who is performing well, despite being called out.

out

bed

bed

bed

2-0 hibs, no dons scorer

I've actually watched a lot of Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United this season and not been overly impressed by any of them which is what makes our predicament so frustrating. But what they're better than us at just now is doing the basics - defending and getting the ball to their strikers' feet inside the box.

You also feel with how slow our defence is and how we are often exposed at wing back that Martin Boyle is going to have a lot of fun.

If Glass is the man for the job, then let's see if he's learned from Dundee (long ball forward and Griffiths being able to skip in behind). 

One thing Hibs struggled with on Saturday v Dundee United was midfielders making runs from deep into their box. Pawlett & Niskannen were doing that with Harkes making passes. Clark hung around the edge of the box. They opened Hibs up that way. Declan Glass and Fuchs were extra players moving about to overload Hibs. I don't think they actually played with a traditional number 9, they haven't really done so since Shankland left. We have the personnel to do exactly the same.

I would start McGinn considering the impact he has made from the bench this  season, and he has that type of movement that will create space. I would even be tempted to say this is the game to drop Ramirez and play Jet as a false nine and let Hedges and Longstaff run ahead of him. McGeouch too is a good passer of the ball. Ramsay and Mackenzie can take turns getting forward to stretch Hibs.

I presume McCrorie & Longstaff aren't long term injuries and will be fit. I'd play Brown as a hybrid defender & deep midfielder. Too often he's trying to be a box to box midfielder which he clearly isn't anymore. Stay deep and at times makes it a back three which allows the two defenders to pick up a man and not allow Boyle and Nisbet to get in behind them.

Sorry, I sound way too tactical. Just fucking get wired intae them. 2-0 the Dons.

Woods

Ramsay Bates McCrorie Mackenzie

Brown

McGeouch Longstaff

McGinn Jet Hedges

Team really need to win this one to get some off the pressure off everyone. No idea if we will though.

oot

Bus to Dunbar then pub

Dunbar United v Lothian Thistle Scottish Cup tie.

Bus back from Dunbar (no pub as my bladder won’t cope for that long on bus. Getting old)

2-0 Data with both. 

9 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Not much action on this thread despite being match day. Apathy is big, I get that. Anyone had a bout of optimism? 

I wouldn't say optimism but i haven't forgotten that at times there has been a lot to like about us this season and we should have taken more points than we have got. 

Hoping that the penny has dropped with Glass in that he needs to change his approach a bit if he is going to turn things around. We cannot keep doing the same thing and expect the outcome to be different.

I’d like to think Lewis has had a kick up the arse and maybe time to bring him back in. 

Also need to become horrible to play against and be far less open. Get some experience in there.

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Hayes

Hedges McCrorie Brown McGinn

Ferguson

JET

Will be interesting to see if the siege mentality comes to fruition today. Hibs got horsed last week, doubt any of us seen that coming, I think if we keep Boyle quiet for the main, we'll be okay defensively, believe it or not 😬

It's what we do at the other end, I think the majority of our goals have came from young Calvin Ramsay's set pieces or general crosses? We need to be more productive obviously, I think it's important we get the likes of Hedges & Samuels as close to Ramirez as possible, he can't spend the entire game chasing shadows, he needs help. 

I think it's got a 1-1 written all over it, sadly. But you never know, they might just surprise us today. COYR

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Hoping that the penny has dropped with Glass in that he needs to change his approach a bit if he is going to turn things around. We cannot keep doing the same thing and expect the outcome to be different.

Doesn't look like it. A prime opportunity to go three at the back, but this looks very much like the weird 4-3-3 thing again, just with McRorie at left back. He usually plays well against Hibs, and he's quite aggressive, which Boyle won't like, however he doesn't really look strong on his left and I think he might be susceptible to getting run on his outside. That should be okay if Gallagher can deal with the crosses. 

Could be an interesting one. Isolating, so miss out.

Decent half, good goal and overall looking significantly more solid with the extra man at the back (fucking obviously, Glass!). 

Watkins playing really well. Ferguson not been great on the ball but his movement and positioning has been very good, both him and Brown look more like a pairing in this setup.

The injuries are a nightmare, but very interesting - and I think correct - that we've not changed formation. Brown will be missed in the centre, but I think that changing the formation would have been the more risky. I think I'd have chosen McGeouch ahead of Longstaff, but no real complaints.

Great win, a good performance. Kept them quiet for 90 minutes, with a very organised setup. Given our previous games it's completely understandable that we misplaced a few passes, but our workrate was top drawer and we closed down everything. Great goal and a good performance from Watkins, with McRorie and Ramirez close behind. Thought Gallagher was looking good before injury too, hopefully not serious. Good to see the Hun getting sent off at the end too.

4 minutes ago, redordead said:

We've played a lot better and lost this season. Pleased for glass and crossing fingers that we have some bodies back for next week.

I can't think of a game where we've played better and lost. Maybe Celtic? I think we've been poor in pretty much every game we've lost otherwise. Today was the first time in a while we looked like a team with actual positions and a game plan.

A lot better today,a bit disjointed,untidy at times but maybe understandable confidence wise.and players still to settle in.Looked a lot better when we got the ball down and moved at speed,after too many punts in the first half.

Hedges energy was good, his touch was a bit clumsy,hopefully just rusty.McRorie good as was Brown. These bigger games might actually suit us a bit.Another stuffy game could have drawn Glass' demise closer 

14 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

These bigger games might actually suit us a bit.Another stuffy game could have drawn Glass' demise closer 

Aye, Hibs were basically us against st Johnstone, county etc. Easy to play against, just allow them to play in front of us. Although I'd definitely stick with the back three against weaker teams too, as I think it brings the best out of our midfield.