Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Spoon burners at home.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I can't think of a game where we've played better and lost. Maybe Celtic? I think we've been poor in pretty much every game we've lost otherwise. Today was the first time in a while we looked like a team with actual positions and a game plan.

Check your phone, you've a few missed calls from Alan Burrows...

• Haha 1

Don't think we were much better than we've been in many of the games we've lost (although a huge improvement on the Dundee debacle), but got ourselves into a lead and had something to hold onto, and didn't make too many of the mistakes that have been killing us this season.

Certainly good to see us more solid at the back. McCrorie was excellent, completely nullified Boyle. Brown really good too. 

Hedges & Watkins definitely gave us more of a link from midfield. If they can get a run of games without picking up an injury it'll change the dynamic of the team big time.

Agree with the poster who said McGeouch would have been a better option than Longstaff.

Pleasing though that we've won, played well, and yet still have levels to go up. Mackenzie missing today, Ramsay going off first half, then a makeshift defence with Gallagher going off and Watkins/Hedges not 100% match sharp yet. 

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Pleasing though that we've won, played well, and yet still have levels to go up. Mackenzie missing today, Ramsay going off first half, then a makeshift defence with Gallagher going off and Watkins/Hedges not 100% match sharp yet. 

I'm not sure that McKenzie is an automatic choice in a back five. If anything, I think he fits better in the left centre half role than wing back. Ojo actually did alright there today and Hayes has the ability to get up and down that McKenzie struggles with. I like him, but think he's a very conventional left back. Otherwise, I agree. Will be interesting to see who's back in time for the scum. Ramsay very much a victim of our poor performances and having to play 90 minutes every week at a young age. It would be typical if we had to be without him for the Huns. Although I think Jack Gurr could slot in fairly seamlessly.....  nah, I can't.

Went to a back 3, we did this before in Europe once and got a clean sheet then too. We defo looked a bit more organised at the back and given the depleted nature I thought we did well with Allan and Murphy who gave hibs an edge when they came on. 

If we go with a 3 again at mordor with brown as cb there is a big question about who plays rwb/rm.  Mc

On 24/10/2021 at 01:21, manc_don said:

Was a decent ball from brown, excellent play from Ramsay and good finish to end the piece of play from Ramirez. Very pleasing to see; looking forward to the proper highlights. Sounds like Glass tried a plan B?