Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa Conference 21/22

I don't think fitness will play as big a part as people think. It's not like when the friendlies got cancelled they went home to play FIFA. They'll be as fit as you would expect them to be in July. The fact that we only organised four (and two would have been on the same day) suggests Glass was never putting much onus on the games anyway.

It's often talked about Scandinavian clubs having an advantage because it's mid-season, but this season Malmö (champions) have only just squeezed past Riga in CL qualifying, and last season's champions Djurgården were out straight away last year.

In the Europa League last season, Malmö had a few decent results as you would expect for a team that then went on to win the league & were unfortunate to meet a Spanish team in the play-off round, but none of their three sides reached the group stage.

That's maybe unfair as their season would have been curtailed due to covid so they wouldn't have had their normal "advantage", but looking further back - again apart from Malmö who have a good record, their sides tend to fall at the same stage as Aberdeen and rarely make the groups unless the draw is kind. So the advantage appears to be minimal.

So, I think it's a close tie, Hacken would probably be a top six side in Scotland, but I don't think fitness will be the dominant factor. Think it will simply come down to who is the better team and it's hard to predict Aberdeen at the moment because we haven't watched them since last season.

My line-up

Lewis

Gurr McCrorie Considine Hayes

Brown Ferguson

Jet Jenks Hedges

Ramirez 

Even then, I dunno if that's a good line-up or not as haven't seen three of them ever play.

Edited by Panda

You could be right Panda, but match sharpness is very much a thing. Even if it only gives them a slight advantage, it might be the difference between them going through or not. Depending on how good jenks is, your lineup looks decent. I'm not sure McKenzie is going to be good enough at left back, so Hayes there is a good option.

• Like 2

Exhibition stuff from the 10th minute onwards, hopefully we can keep it going and run up a big score and not give them an opportunity to get back into it. 

Unfortunate 3 of our chances have fallen to Ojo but he has been surprisingly effective on the left wing.

Missed the start of the match, who’s the co-commentator? Sounds like every generic Weegie that latches on to you in the hotel bar when you’re on holiday. Excruciating stuff.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Exhibition stuff from the 10th minute onwards, hopefully we can keep it going and run up a big score and not give them an opportunity to get back into it. 

Unfortunate 3 of our chances have fallen to Ojo but he has been surprisingly effective on the left wing.

Missed the start of the match, who’s the co-commentator? Sounds like every generic Weegie that latches on to you in the hotel bar when you’re on holiday. Excruciating stuff.

Steve Tosh believe it or not.Canna mind him sounding so Schemey.Top loon though,that aside

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Stevie Tosh

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Steve Tosh on co-comms.

Agree with those saying it's been good since the first ten, JET looking good at times.

Ojo looking decent as well but not the one you'd want chances to fall to.