Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa Conference 21/22

1 hour ago, Panda said:

It's evidenced by the fact they willingly broke them. It wasn't an accident. 

Numerous is stretching things, a mere handful more like. And beyond October, it's been nine wins in seven months.

That's a worryingly poor understanding of the term "evidence". There was no evidence that they deliberately broke rules laid out by their manager because they didn't give a toss. That's just a fact. Your opinion is that they didn't give a toss, thus broke rules. That isn't backed up by the manager who defended them and the players who apologised. It's nonsense, blatantly.

A handful, again, enough to get us to third and many plaudits. The point being that they had broken the rules before this point but - despite this new found disrespect for the manager and his rule - went on to respect him again and perform well. I'm aware of the record since October as it was - correctly - the reason McInnes was sacked. The only argument here is that you're suggesting a shambles and a transition, whereas I'm suggesting something far less. In fact, the biggest shambles has occurred after McInnes' departure in the time it has taken to hire a DoF and the time it took to get rid of the recruitment guy and get in the new one (TBC), alongside the preventing of signings in the January window. As I've stated on previous posts, my issue here is with the club rather than Glass, and I think describing as a shambles is disingenuous and labelling as McInnes' shambles worse.

Coverage details of Hacken games confirmed. 

Build up to this one has me concerned about this as does lack of numbers coming in. Concerns about the quality of some of the additions as well. Hoping I am wrong but I really have the fear that this could be another Sigma. 

oot

work

flat 

flat

3-0 no dons scorer. 

Does anybody feel like some of the Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish teams get quite a decent draw if they were to take advantage of it compared with us from Scotland who always seems to get a tough assignment in Round One, Two, Three. 

Don't get me wrong you would expect good opposition come Play-Off Round but even Dundalk have made Group Stages of Europa League twice in last four to five years or something. 

I see Declan McManus scored in Lithuania for The New Saints during their 5-0 victory against Kauno Zalgiris tonight.  I watched him bag five in a 14-0 Scottish Cup Youth tie win over Gala Fairydean at Hawick Royal Albert ground 2012 and thought he looked alright.  Would do absolutely nothing Pittodrie first team though.  

3 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Does anybody feel like some of the Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish teams get quite a decent draw if they were to take advantage of it compared with us from Scotland who always seems to get a tough assignment in Round One, Two, Three. 

Don't get me wrong you would expect good opposition come Play-Off Round but even Dundalk have made Group Stages of Europa League twice in last four to five years or something. 

Nah, I don't think we've been good enough. McIness was generally shit in Europe. Not taking away that there were a couple of games we were unlucky given the stature of the opposition, but he generally shat the bed.

Anyway, can't see us doing anything in this fixture. It doesn't appear we're ready but who knows what's been going on behind the scenes.

Like Jute, 3-0, no dons scorer.

With the away goals rule now not a thing and actually having some fans in the ground I think it will be very interesting to see how glass approaches this.  A big thing was made about open attacking football being a priority so here's hoping we'll see some sign of that at least.  I know we have to be cautious due to their match fitness vs ours but we should absolutely be trying to dominate the ball regardless. 

The spine of the team has been changed significantly from the team that finished the season and I have no idea what formation we will go and I can only name a few players I'm sure will start, namely brown, Lewis, Considine, Gallagher Jet. 

Literally no idea on what the score will be but I think we are capable of winning it.  If I was to put a bet on this it would be over 3.5 goals and btts. 

18 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

With the away goals rule now not a thing and actually having some fans in the ground I think it will be very interesting to see how glass approaches this.  A big thing was made about open attacking football being a priority so here's hoping we'll see some sign of that at least.  I know we have to be cautious due to their match fitness vs ours but we should absolutely be trying to dominate the ball regardless. 

The spine of the team has been changed significantly from the team that finished the season and I have no idea what formation we will go and I can only name a few players I'm sure will start, namely brown, Lewis, Considine, Gallagher Jet. 

Literally no idea on what the score will be but I think we are capable of winning it.  If I was to put a bet on this it would be over 3.5 goals and btts. 

Gallagher is suspended for tomorrow’s game. Suspension for a red card received in his time at Motherwell. 

• Like 1

I also have zero idea how he might lineup.

..….....................Lewis..............

Gurrrrr... McRorie... Considine... McKenzie

.............. Brown.........Ojo.........................

..... McGinn...... Ferguson..... Hedges.....

......................... Ramirez.........................

Is my guess (not my preferred).

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Gallagher is suspended for tomorrow’s game. Suspension for a red card received in his time at Motherwell. 

Does that apply in Europe? Beeb saying we have a full squad to choose from

Edited by Elgindon

2 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Does that apply in Europe? Beeb saying we have a full squad to choose from

Think so. He was red carded in their last European fixture, so think it just carries forward. Assuming that's why Considine and McRorie have been the preferred pairing in pre season too.

12 hours ago, Jute said:

UEFA squad lists suggest he is suspended.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/50122--aberdeen/

There is no dubiety.

Gallagher is oot tonight

Anyway.......

Oot

Having dinner

Watching on the gogglebox

Looking forward to the new season getting properly underway, filled with extreme optimism

3-1 (Ramirez, Ferguson (pen) & Hedges