Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Europa Conference 21/22

If it's Belarus, will we need to travel by land if EU airlines are boycotting their airspace and their airlines are banned from EU airspace?

The Lithuanian team looks easiest. Hacken could be tricky, as they will be in the middle of their football season and will be fresher, but currently bottom of the Swedish league.

1 hour ago, Slim said:

If it's Belarus, will we need to travel by land if EU airlines are boycotting their airspace and their airlines are banned from EU airspace?

The Lithuanian team looks easiest. Hacken could be tricky, as they will be in the middle of their football season and will be fresher, but currently bottom of the Swedish league.

Everyone of the potential opponents plays summer football so not the greatest list of opponents. Sligo and Tobol are currently 2nd in their respective leagues so would really like to avoid them. Any travel to Belarus is painful in normal times but as you say just now it would be a logistical nightmare so that would be one to avoid as well. 

So either i misunderstood things or UEFA moved the goalposts again as St Johnstone are not guaranteed group stage euro football. Only advantage is apparently they will be seeded if they end up in the Conference league playoffs.....but I won't be surprised if UEFA change that.

Anyway Hacken currently bottom of the Swedish league with 6 points from a possible 24.

Nice compact stadium (6500 capacity (2000 standing)) with the customary astroturf

Bravida Arena (Rambergsvallen) – StadiumDB.com

17 minutes ago, Jute said:

One of Finnish squad in Euros plays for them.

David Preece who coaches out there comments on them are below. 

For a tie at this stage, it’s about as difficult as we could get.

Swedish so no mugs

Home first

Their mid season.

They have representation at Euro 2020.

Not the tie we’d have picked, that’s for sure, especially with them in mid-season. 

I always prefer to play home first. Keep a clean sheet at home and you can go into the 2nd leg knowing for every goal you score, they need to score more. Nothing worse than defending a 1 goal lead at home in the 2nd leg.

And if you get humped in the 1st leg at home, you can try to change your flights to go to Tenerife instead.

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Swedish so no mugs

Home first

Their mid season.

Not the tie we’d have picked, that’s for sure, especially with them in mid-season. 

Aye think the Kazakhstan team would have been only one that was a worse option. 

2 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Swedish so no mugs

Home first

Their mid season.

How remiss of me…

I meant “they’re” mid-season above, not “their”

56 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

In terms of distance & travel, not playing-wise. 

Second in their league currently so suspect they might be similar standard to Almaty side that put us out a few years back.

Slim, am I right in saying UEFA had made the decision quite soon after the draw?  I was just thinking about the uproar regarding these 2,500 VIP's allowed to attend Wembley for Euro 2020 Final less than three weeks before our tie in Sweden.  

7 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

It's been like that since day one of the pandemic so I don't see what's so special about it happening at the Euros. Two weeks ago Boris and his wife were faffing around a luxury resort in Cornwall with a bunch of politicians at the G7 summit who didn't have to quarantine.

And journalists and various other hangers-on and which caused a huge spike in infections in the St. Ives area but Spaffer isn't one to pay any attention to the data when he can be on TV glad-handing other (k)nobs.