Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa Conference 21/22

33 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

USELESS INFORMATION ALERT!!!

Marco Di Bello the Italian referee in charge for second leg against Breidablik at Pittodrie on August 12th does celebrate his 40th birthday same day.  I hope he is in a good mood.

Hope the announcer mentions it at the game and the crowd sing happy birthday.

So the draw for the playoff round starts in an hour. I think the options span from winnable (2/3) to not much chance (1) and may as well not bother playing (4).

1. Újpest FC (HUN) / FC Basel 1893 (SUI)

2. AEL Limassol FC (CYP) / Qarabağ FK (AZE)

3. The New Saints FC (WAL) / FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)

4. Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)

Edited by sancho_panza

25 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Don't know much about qarabag but I feel as though we should have beaten limassol last time. Definitely the best draw out of those teams. 

We actually could be in a similar situation to the last time we played them, especially if Hedges moves on. If we get an injury to Ramirez or Jet*, we're going to have zero options up front. That was exactly what happened last time and we dicked about on a striker and didn't win because of it. We need to get another striker on the books asap as neither Jet nor Ramirez on their own look like they'll be good enough to perform the solo striker role.

*Rooney was out for the Limassol game

Edited by RicoS321

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Don't know much about qarabag but I feel as though we should have beaten limassol last time. Definitely the best draw out of those teams. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

We actually could be in a similar situation to the last time we played them, especially if Hedges moves on. If we get an injury to Ramirez or Jet*, we're going to have zero options up front. That was exactly what happened last time and we dicked about on a striker and didn't win because of it. We need to get another striker on the books asap as neither Jet nor Ramirez on their own look like they'll be good enough to perform the solo striker role.

*Rooney was out for the Limassol game

Just so you know its AEL Limassol this time.
It was their city rivals Apollon Limassol who knocked the Dons out 4 years ago. They were knocked out in the last round by MSK Zilinia (Slovenia)

Edited by tom_widdows

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Just so you know its AEL Limassol this time.
It was their city rivals Apollon Limassol who knocked the Dons out 4 years ago. They were knocked out in the last round by MSK Zilinia (Slovenia)

Fuck sake, I actually looked it up when I saw the potential opponents too then proceeded to convince myself the opposite of what the internet told me.

25 minutes ago, redordead said:

I'm in Aberdeen on Thursday. Staying in city centre. Any pubs I should favour to watch the game?

I think you have to undergo a rectal covid test and hand over all online passwords for entry into pubs in Aberdeen these days. I've been doing that anyway, just to be safe.

• Like 1

Carryabag have won 2 games and drawn 3 this season.

not incredibly prolific goalscorer by any means so hopefully we can do this.

Would be our best result since 1293 when  William Wallace put down his claymore momentarily and was heard to say,' "fuck me. 2-0. Ya bas!"

Go the central belt supporters.

Edited by HaarDon

Qarabag finished 2nd in their league behind Neftchi Baku who were beaten 3-0 last night and 5-2 on aggregate by HJK Helsinki.

It doesn't look like their domestic league has started yet so good chance we're fitter too.

All their foreign players seem to be journeymen in their late 20's without any major clubs on their CV's.

Despite their fairly high UEFA coefficient ranking, they appear to be very beatable on paper.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Qarabag finished 2nd in their league behind Neftchi Baku who were beaten 3-0 last night and 5-2 on aggregate by HJK Helsinki.

It doesn't look like their domestic league has started yet so good chance we're fitter too.

All their foreign players seem to be journeymen in their late 20's without any major clubs on their CV's.

Despite their fairly high UEFA coefficient ranking, they appear to be very beatable on paper.

Fuck, you’ve got my hopes up now