Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Well, I hope there's some soon.

A fucking train going the other way.

:thumbsup:

The only reason i mentioned it was cos i remembered the most depressing point of my life was when ebbe took over and we were the worst team in europe for a while.  Thing is at least there was hope (well kinda), there's hee haw for the jambo's as far as i can see

another one bites the dust:

Hearts set to miss out on Weiss

Hearts target Vladimir Weiss is the favourite to land the manager's job with Slovakia.

The Slovak football federation has announced that Jan Kocian's contract will be terminated on 30 June.

And Artmedia Bratislava coach Weiss, who has had talks with the Tynecastle club, is being strongly tipped to take over the national side.

Motherwell's Mark McGhee turned down an approach from Hearts in May and Stephen Frail remains as interim boss.

Former France manager Jacques Santini and German legend Lothar Matthaus have emerged as possible candidates for Hearts.

Icelander Gudjon Thordarson has also been linked with the manager's position, along with Andrei Zygmantovich.

A former Russian international, Zygmantovich has coached Belarussian side MTZ Ripo and is now assisting at Kaunas, both clubs with strong connections with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov.

Frail took charge of team matters in January after Anatoly Korobochka returned to his role as director of football at Tynecastle.

Korobochka and Frail had been co-managing the side following the departure of Valdas Ivanauskas in March 2007.

While Frail has admitted that he does not expect to be given the job permanently, he is available to oversee the club's preparations for next term.

Weiss held talks with the Edinburgh club two weeks ago and told BBC Sport: "It would be an honour to manage Hearts.

"I'm very interested as the Scottish league would be a step up from the Slovakian league."

However, the lure of international management may keep Weiss in his homeland.

Slovakia have been drawn in a World Cup qualifying group with Czech Republic, Poland, Northern Ireland, Slovenia and San Marino.

Time up for Frail at Tynecastle

Stephen Frail is expected to sever his ties with Hearts after being asked to stay away from the Edinburgh club's pre-season preparations.

Frail, a former defender at Tynecastle, has been the caretaker manager since January and has been on the coaching staff since October 2004.

Frail declined to comment and Hearts may make a statement next week.

Guest swaddon
Former France manager Jacques Santini and German legend Lothar Matthaus have emerged as possible candidates for Hearts.

Stop it, I'll piss myself! :lolabove::rofl2::rofl:

When will Hearts realise they aren't a big club, and can't attract managers of that calibre?

The list of European candidates who 'put their hat into the ring' and then pull it out again is becoming very funny.

Phase 1: Word gets out that a Scottish team are offering big wages to compete with the OF and it sounds like an interesting challenge with a fat pay packet so it naturally attracts some interesting names.

Phase 2: Any interested candidate makes some subtle enquiries with anyone who knows the Scottish scene.

Phase 3:

2081250357_1f823ca95a.jpg

Fatty Foulkes is twisting the knife.

;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7480321.stm

FOULKES BLASTS HEARTS' ROMANOV

Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes believes majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov is getting a taste of his own medicine in the search for a manager.

It has been reported that German Jurgen Rober is the latest boss to decide not to take the Tynecastle job.

"Vladimir Romanov is reaping what he has sown," said Foulkes.

"The only person who will take the job at present will be a puppet from one of the eastern European countries like Russia, Belarus or Lithuania."

Foulkes was originally a supporter of Romanov but resigned in controversial circumstances in October 2005 after chief executive Phil Anderton was sacked, their departures coming just 10 days after that of manager George Burley.

"His reputation goes before him and potential managers have noted how he has treated previous managers, George Burley in particular," Foulkes said.

"Any manager worth his salt will want a free hand to choose his own players and put his own ideas into action.

"I believe, and a majority of Hearts fans believe, that Vladimir Romanov needs to change his views.

"Despite the promise he made in January that he would be looking for a British-style manager and all that that implies, it is clear that prospective managers are wary of taking the job on."

John Robertson has offered to do the job for free.  Surely the only reason anyone ever takes that job is to get the massive payout two months later when you're sacked?

I guess with Frail on the scrap heap they are short of a doormat at Tynecastle.