Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Shamelessly nicked from else where:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...rticle_continue

Heart of Midlothian will report record debts of £37-38m when they publish their accounts for the financial year ended July 2007 within a fortnight. The Edinburgh club, owned by the Lithuanian Vladimir Romanov, owed £28.4m in 2006; the increased losses are almost entirely down to exorbitant annual staff costs.

Hearts stress, however, that the borrowings are within the £40m limit which was put in place at the annual general meeting a year ago and that there are no plans to raise that ceiling.

It is also notable that Craig Gordon, the Scotland goalkeeper, was sold to Sunderland for more than £7m - rising to £9m based on appearances - last August. A deal is provisionally in place to sell Roman Bednar to West Bromwich this summer for £2m. Steven Pressley and Paul Hartley have left Tynecastle and they and Gordon were understood to have commanded basic salaries of £1.2m between them.

The scale of Hearts' debts, owed in the main to Ukio Bankas, a bank owned by Romanov and Ukio Bankas Investment Group, the parent company, will still cause alarm in certain quarters. About £1m has been spent on a plan to redevelop Tynecastle's main stand and surrounding area at a full cost of £51m in a bid to increase long-term profitability. However, the team have struggled on the pitch. Last season they finished fourth in the league and did not qualify for Europe; this campaign sees the team currently lying seventh.

37 Million???? 

Another Gretna anyone?? Hearts United playing at tesco car park??

This is essentially the same as what Milesone was doing with the village idiots - running at a loss.

If Falkirk win against Hearts that could be the momentum they need to finish above us. They are the second best footballing team since the Brazil 1970 team after all.

Whoa, whoa whoa, sweet child of mine!

What about the Hibs team of 2006??

If Falkirk win against Hearts that could be the momentum they need to finish above us. They are the second best footballing team since the Brazil 1970 team after all.

Sorry, I suppose it does make sense if I think about it.

I was confused because, as we all know, that Hibs team was better than thhe Brazil 1970 side.

I couldn't work out why you had used the example of an inferior side....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bloo_toon_red

So apparently Hearts pulling out of the Intertoto Cup has something to do with Steven Frail's lack of UEFA Pro coaching license.  So whatever has happened to their big-name managerial appointment?

So apparently Hearts pulling out of the Intertoto Cup has something to do with Steven Frail's lack of UEFA Pro coaching license.  So whatever has happened to their big-name managerial appointment?

Hud on loon its coming last, this, next summer or sometimne soon

League Table 05/04/08

1 Rangers 29 +49 74

2 Celtic 31 +48 68

3 Motherwell 31 +6 52

4 Hibernian 33 +9 50

5 Dundee Utd 32 +10 49

6 Falkirk 32 -3 42

=====================

7 Hearts 33 -6 42

8 Aberdeen 32 -11 41

9 Inverness CT 33 -17 36

10 Kilmarnock 33 -12 33

11 St Mirren 31 -26 32

12 Gretna 32 -47 6*

I'm confused. Is it not next season Hearts win the Champions League?