Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Official attendance 1090.  ;D

However, despite the defeat and against all the odds, it seems Hearts have succeeded in their battle against relegation.  Credit to Stevie Frail for guiding the Jambos to safety.  :-*

They provided commentry for the last 5 minutes of this game on the radio and I actually raised my arms in the air when Gretna scored. No matter how trivial and unimportant this game was it still provided me with great pleasure  ;D Of the 1090 they said there were around 700-800 Gretna fans there to witness their swan song.

Wonder why Hearts fans were not doing the same ?

Guest swaddon

Hearts official website has now added the following to their "honours" list:

2007/08 - SPL Bottom 6 - Runners Up

When's the open-topped bus parade? 8)

Guest swaddon

Some Hearts fan on P&B claimed to be happy with the result as it would mean Frail wouldn't keep the managers (sic) job.

Quite who he sees replacing him was not explained.

Sven Goran Eriksson is going to be out of a job soon...

October 2004:

Russian businessman Vladimir Romanov says Hearts' debt would be cleared by the end of the year if he become the major shareholder.

And he told also told Russian newspaper Izvestia that he wanted the Edinburgh club to rival Celtic and Rangers.

Romanov has agreed to take a 20% stake in the club and wants a larger stake.

"My job would be to make sure they don't overspend the money and go over the club's budget, which should be around £10m," he said.

Lithuania-based Romanov, who described Hearts fans as "the best in the world", stated that he wanted to build a new stadium for the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3710698.stm

:lolabove:

Ibrahim Tall: Romanov acts like 'dictator'

BRAHIM TALL has spoken candidly for the first time about his treatment at the hands of Vladimir Romanov.

The defender returned to his home in Paris last week at the end of his Hearts contract. Whilst retaining fond memories of the club, he explained how Romanov left him embittered by his dictatorial methods.

The majority shareholder ordered Stephen Frail, Hearts' interim manager, not to play Tall during the second half of this season.

The Frenchman had refused the offer of a contract extension on reduced terms and therefore became subject to exclusion from the team at Romanov's request. He appeared only once at first-team level following the defeat at Falkirk on December 29 last year. Despite finding the process disturbing, he maintained a dignified silence on the issue until severing his ties with Hearts.

Tall spoke exclusively to the Evening News to reveal the extent of Romanov's ruthlessness during negotiations and subsequent interference in team matters.

His three-year, £10,000-a-week contract was sanctioned in 2005 against the wishes of Hearts' then-manager George Burley, so keen was Romanov to have the Senegalese internationalist involved in his Tynecastle revolution. However, when a proposed extension was rejected earlier this year, the owner's mindset altered.

"When we were to talk about a new contract I was open to discuss it with Mr Romanov, but he told my agent he would give me one offer and if I didn't sign I would never play again," said Tall.

"I was hoping to talk normally but with him it's like a dictator. You have to do what he says.

"He offered me less money, but the problem wasn't money, it was the way he spoke.

"I think it was very arrogant. It was a problem because I would not sign the new contract so Mr Romanov said to Stephen Frail not to put me in the team. I knew I wouldn't play after that and it was difficult."

In that sense, the 26-year-old's Hearts career petered out in similar fashion to the way it began, inconspicuously. Eight months lapsed between him arriving in Edinburgh from the French club Sochaux and his first-team debut, as first Burley, then Graham Rix, deemed him not good enough for Tynecastle. Romanov required to sack both managers and place Valdas Ivanauskas in temporary charge before he could facilitate Tall's promotion.

The defender's case was helped, ironically, when Romanov banished Andy Webster from the team following a contract wrangle with the Scotland internationalist and his agent in spring 2006.

The acrimony surrounding Tall's departure means that, for varying reasons, he was considered "unselectable" for a full year in total at Hearts.

He stressed that several players had received similar unethical treatment to that which tainted his final five months in Edinburgh. "My situation was like Julien's (Brellier]. But it's not only him, I think a lot of players have gone through this," he said.

"Hearts is a very good club, the people who love the club work very hard and they are nice people. But the owner, I don't think he does his job well.

"He did many bad things to me. A lot of players were happy there but they didn't stay because of Mr Romanov."

"I have a lot of good thoughts and a lot of bad ones.

He watched Hearts undergo a moderate transformation earlier this year when Frail was appointed caretaker manager but believes Romanov's managerial rotation policy has undermined the efforts of everyone at the club. "Mr Romanov must not change the manager all the time, it's not good for the team.

10k a week for him no wonder they are in debt!

• 1 month later...