Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Guest ally s

I think it was the Uganda national team manager they were supposedly in talks with.

Iain Holloway would fit in perfectly at Tynecastle.  The man's an arrogant, moanin faced fuckwit.

Just returned from a holiday in Uganda, where my brother has been working for the past 6months.  The Ugandan press was unsurprisingly full of stories about Csaba going to Hearts, little did I know that the Scottish Press had similar stories and that by the time I got home he would have already been unvielled as the Hearts Manager.

Apparently not universally loved in Uganda he however managed to win round many of his critics with an away draw and the home win vs Angola in the African Nations/World Cup Qualifiers, their best result since beating Nigeria a few years ago (although Berti Vogts was Nigeria manager at the time so that maybe doesn't count).  Certainly seems to have built a solid side in a country that has never really had any football success and whos own league has teams such as the URA (Ugandan Revenue Authority) and the Police.

The Ugandan press also linked hearts with a couple of players:

David Obua, who plays left wing/full back, and is, according to my brother, decent enough but a lazy bastard and Hassan Wasswa who my brother knows nothing about.

Certainly seems to be a typically off the wall Mad Vlad appointment by Csaba does have some decent experience in club football in Europe and seems to have done a good job in Uganda, albeit under very different circumstances.  Hopefully he goes the same way as all the rest have since Vlad appeared in his submarine. 

He lost his first game on penalties against Glentoran.

:lolabove:

Surely better than some of the results with Shaggy in charge though  ;)

Lost again tonight, 1-0 away to Dunfermline. Goalscorer? None other than Kevin Harper the ex Hibs player! ;D

Reading a report i believe their fans booed them off at half time and they were a bit of a shambles. Great stuff! 8);D

:lolabove:

That, combined with hearing Hibees only drew with Raith Rovers, put's last night's AFC "permormance" in perspective. We were the least shite of the 3 SPL teams!!

If Clyde 2 are to be believed, the Ugfandan FA have reported hearts to FIFA over refusal to pay compensation of about £120k.

Is it to be the case that after 6months hearts will simply offer him back to Uganda in exchange for waiving the fee a la belgian boy 2 seasons back?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7512965.stm

Laszlo prepares Hearts clearout 

Hearts' new boss is looking to shed players and instill confidence

Hearts new manager Csaba Laszlo is ready to offload players from his oversized first team squad and show faith in emerging talent.

The Romanian-born coach also spoke of the need to instill a new confidence at the Tynecastle club after finishing a poor eighth in last season's SPL table.

"We have a very big squad and must look to reduce the numbers and give chances to the young players," Laszlo said

Does this guy honestly believe he is going to have a say in who comes and goes at Tynecastle?

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a bus home from town and two jambos got on heading to Robertsons for a pint or two. They were talking quite loud and most of their football chat was miss-informed such as Rangers are not allowed to play in English teams even in the UEFA cup...

But anyway the real pathetic conversation was about singing bigoted songs in grounds and them laughing at how the papers only report a 'minority' at Gorgie whist they say "every cunt was singing". It then went downhill as one of them said

Its nae as good when you go to Ibrox as theres mair folk singing the billy boys an all that, you know!

His mate then strikes up

Aye, I prefer it when yer there and abodys singing god save the queen, Its CLASS when you hear Rangers singing it, and all the England fans at England games.

I didnt know wheter to laugh at them or dispair at them......

Guest leith_red

Hearts boss slams 'lazy' players

Laszlo wants to see greater desire from his players

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo believes club owner Vladimir Romanov has been guilty of rewarding "lazy" players.

"I have come to a club where I have met a lot of nice people," he said. "Now I would like to change this. I want people who are hungry for success.

"Mr Romanov has made a big mistake and the mistake is he has given these people a very nice life. And a lot of these people - not all - are lazy.

"They are lazy. I have said to Mr Romanov we must change this."

The former Uganda boss arrived at Tynecastle earlier his month and has already talked of trimming the large squad he has inherited.

The 44-year-old is also anxious to bring in some new faces of his own.

The Romanov regime has seen several managers come and go, while highly-paid players like Mauricio Pinilla, Mirsad Beslija, Juho Makela and Jose Goncalves have failed to make an impact.

"This isn't negative but in professional football if you have players who are successful they deserve to earn very good money," added Laszlo.

"Players at clubs like Bayern Munich, Celtic and Rangers deserve money.

"But if you don't have success you can't cry out all of the time for money.

"A lot of people say bad things about Mr Romanov but maybe the biggest mistake he has made is putting a lot of money in the club and hasn't got anything back.

"He must change his attitude and we must look right now at which characters deserve the money. We can give players a good salary but for the bonuses and success they must work very hard."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...