Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d certainly rather have Wilson over May, but then again, most people over May. I’d like Bruce Anderson to get May’s playing time this season, time to develop him. I’d have Main and Wilson as a front two, although I think DM sees Wilson more as a wide right player.

We'd have to instantly make Wilson our highest paid player to get him onboard and I just don't think he's worth the outlay. It was patently obvious for the past 2 years that he was finished at Man U yet not one lower EPL club thought he was worth taking a punt on and when he has went on loan to the Championship, like up here he was totally underwhelming.

I still believe there will be a (very) low end Championship club or top end EFL1 club willing to make him their marquee summer signing and paying him £10-12k/week which would certainly take us out the equation. However I think he is a classic "too much too soon" case and now being a multi millionaire hasn't really got the drive to really push himself to get to the top level in football.

Outside bet? Salford City make him an offer he can't refuse as their mega marquee signing.....

I would still be delighted if he stayed.  Don't get me wrong I can understand the concerns mentioned but I just think he's a really good player and we would be a better side with him in it.

He is, but no man is bigger than the club, would you want him here if we are his last resort ?

Weve knocked back a 5m offer for mckenna from the dhimmery.

We should only be selling McKenna to Victim FC if they are making an offer that pays for Kingsford. For the player himself he should be looking for move to England or Europe as the next stage of his development and not another Scottish club.

Rhecord saying the rumoured McKenna bid isn't true.

As for Gallacher……..seems he is indeed a right back though has played further forward earlier in his career, England U18 caps too. Still a strange one. You'd think Virtanen would be adequate back up to Logan at this point and signing this guy will only hinder Virtanen' s progress although I guess we might send him out on loan in turn. Still no fackin left back though!!!!!

Rhecord saying the rumoured McKenna bid isn't true.

As for Gallacher……..seems he is indeed a right back though has played further forward earlier in his career, England U18 caps too. Still a strange one. You'd think Virtanen would be adequate back up to Logan at this point and signing this guy will only hinder Virtanen' s progress although I guess we might send him out on loan in turn. Still no fackin left back though!!!!!

According to Atlanta’s website he is a forward who has played games in midfield and at right back.

https://www.atlutd.com/players/72/jon-gallagher

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I’d certainly rather have Wilson over May, but then again, most people over May. I’d like Bruce Anderson to get May’s playing time this season, time to develop him. I’d have Main and Wilson as a front two, although I think DM sees Wilson more as a wide right player.

You're surely taking the piss LA?  Are you missing being involved in those end of season relegation battles?

Celtic apparently lining up a deal for Max Lowe to replace Tierney. Would be gutted, but its another reason these loan deals just dont work out for us. Anyone who does well ends up getting a better deal elsewhere.

Paper talk Dan, wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.

Reckon the only way he would end up there is as a permanent signing.

In my opinion Derby won't be bothered about the fact that they would probably pay a higher percentage of his wage. I reckon for them the priority is to get Lowe guaranteed first team football and I don't reckon thats something that Victim FC will guarantee him as reckon they will sign a.n.other as first choice and Lowe would be back up.

Paper talk Dan, wouldn't lose too much sleep over this.

Reckon the only way he would end up there is as a permanent signing.

In my opinion Derby won't be bothered about the fact that they would probably pay a higher percentage of his wage. I reckon for them the priority is to get Lowe guaranteed first team football and I don't reckon thats something that Victim FC will guarantee him as reckon they will sign a.n.other as first choice and Lowe would be back up.

I think the sevco rumour about Lowe was just paper talk but if Tierney does leave Celtic will be in need of a replacement. I'm not sure what Derby would value Lowe at now but if Celtic offered £3million with a future sell on fee I doubt they'd turn it down.

According to BBC Scotland rumour page, The Victims are currently looking at three left backs as a replacement for Teirney. I'm not convinced (only my opinion) that Lowe is necessarily their number one target.

The others are Boli Mbombo & Milad Mohammadi

You're surely taking the piss LA?  Are you missing being involved in those end of season relegation battles?

I’d take Wilson over May if the money is right, you wouldn’t? Plus based on what I’ve seen of Main I think he’s better than Cosgrove. However, in my ideal I’d take none of them!

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I’d take Wilson over May if the money is right, you wouldn’t? Plus based on what I’ve seen of Main I think he’s better than Cosgrove. However, in my ideal I’d take none of them!

They might as well just cut their losses with May and give him a free if anyone is willing to take him.  Signing Wilson based on last season is pure madness, cannot imagine why you would put him ahead of Cosgrove in the queue given Cosgrove's goals last season.  Must admit I have not seen much of Main at all, fingers crossed on that one.