Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched his interview on Redtv, McInnes has said to him that he sees him as a key player going forward and that he sees him as the main passer of the ball. Would pretty much confirm that he's McLean's direct replacement. Paid a fee, gave him a three year contract and he has a decent enough goals reel ( Check them all on Youtube ) I have a good feeling about him. Welcome aboard Chris.

All well and good about a direct replacement for McLean, but I just hope we don't have to wait two and a half years to see the best of him like we did McLean.

Welcome aboard loon

McLean's form before his transfer was good enough to get him in the Scotland squad and a club willing to pay a fee and offer him a weekly wage more than 3 times what we could afford to pay.  It can't have been all that bad.

I much preferred the Kenny McLean of the last few months of last season, more in keeping with the player I thought we had signed. I think he is a good player, but I don't think DM used him correctly for the majority of his time with us. He played a big part in us finishing second and will be a big miss for us.

I much preferred the Kenny McLean of the last few months of last season, more in keeping with the player I thought we had signed. I think he is a good player, but I don't think DM used him correctly for the majority of his time with us. He played a big part in us finishing second and will be a big miss for us.

Interestingly, I always thought McLean played as an attacking central midfielder for St Mirren, not the deep lying sitting midfielder role in where McInnes played him, and if you look at every comment from Peterborough fans regarding Forrester, they all say the very same, that he's an attacking central midfielder and not a deep lying one, and they attribute that to his eventual decline there. I got the impression from his interview that he's been told he'll be playing the deep lying role but he later said he personally prefers playing behind the Striker, suppose that'll depend on whether we get McGeough or not.

Interestingly again, I see the balloon that is Steve Evans has said Forrester is the only player he may regret selling out of all of the players he made available for transfer....

“I’ve managed teams for over 900 times in my career and I cannot think of one player who has gone on to haunt me after I’ve let him go. “I’ve sold players who have gone on to do well at higher levels, but I’ve never regretted putting anyone on the transfer list. “Chris Forrester could be the first. I had to think long and hard before making him available, but I feel it’s the right decision for both parties. I wouldn’t be surprised if he rediscovered his best form, but I will be in a hurry next season. I can’t afford to wait for anyone.

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-evans-fears-forrester-could-come-back-to-haunt-him-1-8493699

I am optimistic and will give this guy my support......but.........this is very much a typical Aberdeen DM signing after reading all the comments (particularly from Peterborough fans.) Sounds like he's lost his form, used to be a stud, much like Stevie May, GMS, Stewart, etc when we signed them. Fingers crossed!!

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=15014

Very encouraging comments from Peterborough fans.  Sounds like he could be a great bit of business if can find some form.

I wouldn't say "very encouraging". On the contrary, they've been saying he's been poor for an extended period. And this is a mid-League 1 side!

Interesting how little regard they have for AFC, talking about sell on clauses etc. They perceive Scottish football to be pish.

I wouldn't say "very encouraging". On the contrary, they've been saying he's been poor for an extended period. And this is a mid-League 1 side!

Interesting how little regard they have for AFC, talking about sell on clauses etc. They perceive Scottish football to be pish.

I thought it was only one who thought it was pish, but a graveyard  :rofl: what is this guy smoking?

By and large it sounds like there's a player, hopefully we utilise him correctly and manage to get him to recapture his form.  When did Evans take over?  Hopefully that coincided with his drop in form more than anything else.

tbf, we perceive Peterborough to be pish.  Here's hoping Forrester can make the step up from League 1  :thumbsup:

Jesus this boy's thick as pig shit so bound do be a decent footballer.

Good to know he can do the passing and the shooting and that he can pass to lads that can do the goal scoring and maybe score some goals himself and run about the pitch a bit and maybe do some tackles, win the ball and pass to someone to score so we can win the game.  :D :D :D

Few sevconians reckon Kenny Miller is on the verge of signing for us. Hope to f@ck theyve been on the jungle juice and are just havering

I'm open-minded to Miller in a Dons Shirt.

Just thinking back to Calderwood bringing a 40 year old Craig Brewster out of retirement as an 'impact sub'.

3 goals in 7 appearances (according to wiki) and he set up the equaliser at Tynecastle which effectively guaranteed European football.

I also reckon he would be a significant weapon against Gerrard's barmy army.

Doubt it will happen though

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

To be fair he would carry more of a goal threat than either May or Cosgrove and probably on a par with Rooney.

If Miller was 3 or 4 years younger no problem. On saying that sign him up just to play in the Sevco games. Would be such a laugh seeing him at Ibrox in a Don's shirt.  :thumbsup:

Him and Tavernier have been there best two players when playing us in recent years. He's been a very solid professional with exceptional work rate. That game at the end of the previous season when they tanked us at Pittodrie, he was immense. He holds himself to very high standards, and I'd expect that'd brush off on those around him. If we can get a season out of him then he'd be an excellent signing. The boot up the arse that both Rooney and May need.

Dave Baldwin..Millers agent

He said: “Management is something that has always appealed to him and he could be a player/manager next season. “We’d need to ensure that the situation was right for him but I’ve represented top managers and I’ve no doubt that Kenny could become one.“He has all the attributes you need — he ticks all the boxes.

This may be the route that Miller will take, but who knows.