Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

Can't in all honesty see it being anything like that figure either.

It does however raise the question of how legally binding the pre-contract would be

Yeah I agree, I was just predicting worst case scenario.

We have seemingly offered them £100k which I think seems fair.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Google search throws up the following and begs the question what kind of contract (if at all) did Hamilton actually offer Ferguson ?

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Relevant pages would appear to be 43-46 and this clause looks fairly fundamental to it all

In the event of the two Clubs concerned not reaching agreement on the amount of

any Compensation payable, the new Club must, on the date of Registration or, if

later, on the date of any first offer of Compensation, pay to the Player's former

Club at least 50% of the highest amount offered or, as the case may be, offered,

plus VAT at the standard rate. All offers of Compensation shall be in writing and

shall be copied to the Secretary by recorded delivery post when they are sent to

the Player’s former Club. In the event that the amount of Compensation ordered to

be paid by a Compensation Tribunal is less than the amount previously paid in

terms of this Rule F9 or if no Compensation is ordered to be so paid then the Club

which has received such payment shall be liable to forthwith repay as a debt the

amount overpaid or, where no payment is so ordered to be paid, the amount paid,

to the Club which made such payment.

So that makes it all totally crystal clear then  ::)

I was under the impression where there is disparity in the fees offered and wanted, the tribunal used to go somewhere in the middle but now they decide which offer is the "fairest" and go with that one......stops (theoretically) clubs offering ridiculously low or asking ridiculously high valuations

Seen on another forum that we are entitled to pay 50% of any contract Hamilton offered plus around £10k a year for each year he was at the club, I am assuming under a professional contract.

So unless he was on a huge deal with Hamilton, again I would say £100k seems fair.

Seen on another forum that we are entitled to pay 50% of any contract Hamilton offered plus around £10k a year for each year he was at the club, I am assuming under a professional contract.

So unless he was on a huge deal with Hamilton, again I would say £100k seems fair.

Reidzer, I’m interested in A bit of land. The owner wants £500K for it but he can GTF. Fit do you think be a fair price ?

Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Didn’t realise it was still an option. Surprised if we got him, financially we wouldn’t be able to compete but he’s the right caliber of player

Shinnie should be our highest paid player. McGinn and Joe not far behind.

If we are to get McGeouch in he should be on the level just below alongside May, Rooney, Shay, McKenna, GMS and Reynolds

And all the media knows this how exactly??