Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None taken  ;),I dont actually know who the guy is,but the source(on another forum) is normally reliable

If this happened for example on a season loan deal, this would be Scottish football's signing of the summer.

Just can't see it to be honest.

The last page of this thread alone is mental and must mean we’re all going stir crazy at the lack of signings.

£10k a week for anyone, never mind McGeouch?  :dunno:

Rooney going to the 5th tier of English football :dunno:

£2n for McKenna :dunno:

Getting potentially England’s best prospect on loan :dunno:

The sooner we sign a few or the end of the window comes the better.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2931667/aberdeen-scott-mckenna-swansea-city-2m/

Zero quotes

Zero facts

Going to watch him against Burnley

Number plucked from thin air.

In short, nothing but mere speculation ::)

Theres never quotes, facts, figures in the rumour mill mate.

McKenna will attract interest. If we got 2m for him i'd bite their hand off if it went 100% into the kitty for McInnes to waste.....

If this happened for example on a season loan deal, this would be Scottish football's signing of the summer.

Just can't see it to be honest.

Well tell us who it is that isn't signing for us at least???

Theres never quotes, facts, figures in the rumour mill mate.

McKenna will attract interest. If we got 2m for him i'd bite their hand off if it went 100% into the kitty for McInnes to waste.....

Well tell us who it is that isn't signing for us at least???

But the thing is that if we got £2m for him it wouldn't go to the transfer kitty in my opinion.

.....pinch of salt time but, Phil Foden being mentioned elsewhere,on loan from Man City...

Non starter

Even if we got offered 2mil for McKenna I would not take it. The boy has, all be it a "weekend squad", played 4 games for Scotland and captained them the once as well. The kind of money that is thrown around down south for very average players would make a 2mil bid a big no for me.

Regarding Rooney, apparently the reason he's not signed for Salford yet is due to St Mirren & Hamilton, they're both  very interested in him.

Makes you wonder, has he asked to leave or has he been asked to leave? Either way, looks like he will definitely be moving on.

Someone suggested Hamilton have been offered him as part of the Lewis Ferguson compensation problem. Hamilton would never turn down a player like Rooney.

Someone suggested Hamilton have been offered him as part of the Lewis Ferguson compensation problem. Hamilton would never turn down a player like Rooney.

I think they would unless we agreed to subsidise a fair old chunk of his wages

If Rooney is going, I want us to have the other striker in place before he goes.  We don't have the quality to cover his loss without someone decent coming in.  he's our only goal scorer ffs.

Given we were already looking for a striker before Rooney’s potenial departure would like to think we are now looking for two coming in. As you say one has to be a proven goal scorer at this level. I cannot see it being Moult or Bryce so McInnes might need to actually do some scouting. Whoever we are looking at needs to be in place soon.

Given we were already looking for a striker before Rooney’s potenial departure would like to think we are now looking for two coming in. As you say one has to be a proven goal scorer at this level. I cannot see it being Moult or Bryce so McInnes might need to actually do some scouting. Whoever we are looking at needs to be in place soon.

You would certainly hope McInnes has already done the scouting (well, the scouts at least) and we have a list of capable strikers. Although I'd be ok with McGinn up top and we sign a midfielder who can play right /left/center like Christie did. However, we do need a main forward who actually looks a scoring threat.

I am certainly hoping that it's down to the world cup and signings will come sooner rather than later, but it's getting increasingly concerning that we're less than 2 weeks away from the start of the season and our squad is very weak. At present we're relying on Lewis not getting injured, Reynolds and Considine who are limited to say the least, Devlin who hasn't played in a year, two new unproven signings in the middle of the park (although I think they'll do well), no experienced back up in central midfield, GMS/McGinn/Wright wide who are not consistent, and 2 or 3 forwards that scare nobody. Obviously we are relying on youth too - are they playing on merit or because we have nobody else? Geez.....

If the Sun are to be believed, we are re-signing Dom Ball on loan & taking Dean Lyness on trial.

Lyness is a GK, he was on trial at St Johnstone recently, although they opted not to sign him.

Ball at least is decent enough in midfield, but he will probably be signed as cover for Logan & CB. Unless Gleeson's injury is serious and lengthy, then he'll slot into midfield.

Not really what I was hoping for, but it's another body, we appear to be needing them.