Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with Ferguson,Gleeson & Forrester signed up & apparently a defender & striker, that will be 5 in to replace the 10 that left  ::)

Remember Devlin and Cosgrove were both deemed summer signings so 7 to replace 10.

Another 6ft plus striker. Surely we should be looking at a higher standard than 4th division in England.

Impossible to say without having seen the lad, but I'd like a wee bit of pace with our new striker. Somebody who can play on the shoulder of the last defender.

We already have one of those in Cosgrove. If the Doidge rumour is true then all I can say is meh x 106

As I and others have mentioned, it's far more urgent we get a decent right back/wing back in to cover for Logan's suspension.

Doidge is an odd one. Been interest in the past for him to play at a higher level, but hasn't taken it. Might be money as Dale Vince pays way more than most league one teams. Can't see him at the village team next season though, might be a bit of a Moult.

Apparently turned our interest from John Marquis, to Forest Green Rovers Striker Christian Doidge.

Edit to add, if the EE are to be believed, we offered 250k for Marquis, and McInnes has said that's our limit, we have nothing more to offer.

Here is the quote from McInnes regarding Marquis.

On Marquis, he said: “We put a bid in. but not the fee that was reported.

“An offer was put in and it was rejected so we look elsewhere.

We don’t have any more than what we offered to spend.

“We made an offer and it was rejected.”

Apparently it was 250k as I alluded too in the original post. Surely we can afford more than that? Then again we paid a fee for Forrester and we will have to pay something for Ferguson, so maybe not. Makes sense why we are looking at players like Doidge and Marquis in the first place.

Can understand why we're looking at them as they are the sort of players Championship/League 1 promotion hopefuls are looking to sign. I'd rather have Marquis than Doidge. Doidge seems to get success by bullying the CB's and I can't see him getting away with that in Aberdeen shirt. Marquis would be more like May minus psychological effects of two potentially career ending injuries.

I said earlier in the thread we should be looking at Eisa at Cheltenham, I'm maybe biased but think he's the best striker in League 2 and an age and with an attitude that means he will only get better, but think it's been confirmed they're looking for a fee in excess of £1 million.

Can understand why we're looking at them as they are the sort of players Championship/League 1 promotion hopefuls are looking to sign. I'd rather have Marquis than Doidge. Doidge seems to get success by bullying the CB's and I can't see him getting away with that in Aberdeen shirt. Marquis would be more like May minus psychological effects of two potentially career ending injuries.

I said earlier in the thread we should be looking at Eisa at Cheltenham, I'm maybe biased but think he's the best striker in League 2 and an age and with an attitude that means he will only get better, but think it's been confirmed they're looking for a fee in excess of £1 million.

I had a quick look at Doidge on YouTube, he doesn't appear to be that big and bullying. He actually showed nifty feet and clever finishing, obviously that's just my take from YT highlights, but looks decent enough. If you have seen him enough to make that judgement, I am happy to accept it. But I believe McInnes when he's said we move on, don't think Marquis will be Aberdeen bound any time soon.

Given that Eisa is clearly out of our price range, who else would you recommend from that division?

I had a quick look at Doidge on YouTube, he doesn't appear to be that big and bullying. He actually showed nifty feet and clever finishing, obviously that's just my take from YT highlights, but looks decent enough. If you have seen him enough to make that judgement, I am happy to accept it. But I believe McInnes when he's said we move on, don't think Marquis will be Aberdeen bound any time soon.

Given that Eisa is clearly out of our price range, who else would you recommend from that division?

McCann would say that, guarantee it would be a "massive step up" and "huge opportunity" if it was the huns sniffing about.

TBF if you've been watching you-tube videos you've seen more goals of his than I have. Probably seen him play 4 or 5 times in the last 3 seasons. Maybe he just came across that way in those games, local derby etc.

It's difficult to say, I rarely travel away (not at all last season) and barely made any home games with the girls team I coach playing league last season Saturday Mornings. So only see players maybe once a season. Maybe John Akinde at Barnet would have been worth a punt, signed by Lincoln on Friday having just looked. Billy Kee was top scorer last season and would probably be similar to Marquis. Then again I though Frear would have made more of an impact at Motherwell, so what do I know?

It's always difficult to judge. I remember listening to Phil Brown on goals on Sunday when he'd not long started at Colchester saying the players he had there were of similar and in some cases greater ability than those he managed at Hull in the EPL, difference was psychological.

Krystian Nowak, formerly of Hearts, has posted an image of himself in an Aberdeen top, number 22. Possibly the back up CB we need. Must stress though, it's not been confirmed that he's signing, but the image is there, could just be on trial I suppose.

Can't remember him at Hearts truth be told, but we do need bodies  :neutral:

Also, given that numbers are a bit light, I see Ali Crawford is still without a club after his Hearts trial went south due to Naismith returning there, would nobody take him purely as an experienced squad player? I reckon we could do worse than have him on the bench or cover Forrester for injuries/suspensions.

Don't think Tansey has been involved in preseason but with Gleeson injured perhaps he could help? Haven't heard anything about the Nowak guy, and I would take Crawford as a squad player. He's proven he's capable at this level, helps with squad depth which we badly lack.

Always felt Crawford whilst no doubt talented is just too lightweight to be consistently effective in the SPFL. And don't think Naismith returning was the reason for his rejection at Fartz. Its a no from me.

Really have no recollection at all of Nowak playing but defensive cover is an urgent requirement so if this does fly then I'll trust DM's judgement.

Always felt Crawford whilst no doubt talented is just too lightweight to be consistently effective in the SPFL. And don't think Naismith returning was the reason for his rejection at Fartz. Its a no from me.

Really have no recollection at all of Nowak playing but defensive cover is an urgent requirement so if this does fly then I'll trust DM's judgement.

Crawford has just signed for Doncaster Rovers.