Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Walter Smith is a hun cunt and an utter cunt for walking out half way through a campaign.  Despite this he is still by a mile the best Scottish candidate for the job that I have heard and I would be quite optimistic about our chances of qualification should he be appointed.

What in the world of fuck? He's a fucking dirty hun cunt that plays the most dire football known to man. He's a total fucking dick. If we were guessing: "name the biggest hun fuck ever who should never be considered for another job in management", then the answer "Walter Smith" would be taking the joke to far. He's a fucking despicable fucker. He's so much of a hun that he even took money from Charles Green when he as blatantly screwing over the huns. He's in the David Murray league of utter hun fucks. What the fuck are you even on suggesting such a fucker for the Scotland job? Seriously?

What in the world of fuck? He's a fucking dirty hun cunt that plays the most dire football known to man. He's a total fucking dick. If we were guessing: "name the biggest hun fuck ever who should never be considered for another job in management", then the answer "Walter Smith" would be taking the joke to far. He's a fucking despicable fucker. He's so much of a hun that he even took money from Charles Green when he as blatantly screwing over the huns. He's in the David Murray league of utter hun fucks. What the fuck are you even on suggesting such a fucker for the Scotland job? Seriously?

It’s not clear, are you a fan of Walter Smith?

Really couldn't have put it any better myself.

Just as there is a chink of daylight whereby an interesting appointment might just result in me registering just a little interest in the national team again, these incompetent corrupt useless cunts come up with that auld cunt.

I mean just fuck off.

At no point has anyone asked why a new manager is being touted before the Chief Exec is in?

How can you lay the foundations and plan for the future if someone else takes in the guy who will get your ‘team’ there…and he’s a retired pensioner?! Only in Scotland.

DD you timeline makes me gie sad. I was 12 when we went to France, I remember Euro 96, but prior to that it’s hazy. Unbelievably generations have never known us at a major tournament.

Domestic success and national success should go relatively hand in hand…

I cried out for Steve Clarke to get the job last time round (along with him to get the Dons job pre-McInnes). I doubt he’d take it.

Really couldn't have put it any better myself.

Just as there is a chink of daylight whereby an interesting appointment might just result in me registering just a little interest in the national team again, these incompetent corrupt useless cunts come up with that auld cunt.

I mean just fuck off.

This

At no point has anyone asked why a new manager is being touted before the Chief Exec is in?

Darryl Broadcunt made a good point about this on the radio last night. He said that the 7/8th board still existed that made the decision to go for O'Neill so they should be perfectly capable of going for another manager. Also, that a new chief exec - if currently employed - could feasibly have a 6-12 month notice period, by which point we'd be playing competitive matches again. In an ideal world you'd still be able to involve them in the decision process and so the CEO should be the logical first appointment, however he was correct in that we should have enough competence within the SFA to make a decent appointment without a CEO in place.

Darryl Broadcunt made a good point about this on the radio last night. He said that the 7/8th board still existed that made the decision to go for O'Neill so they should be perfectly capable of going for another manager. Also, that a new chief exec - if currently employed - could feasibly have a 6-12 month notice period, by which point we'd be playing competitive matches again. In an ideal world you'd still be able to involve them in the decision process and so the CEO should be the logical first appointment, however he was correct in that we should have enough competence within the SFA to make a decent appointment without a CEO in place.

Since when?

As for Smith as others have said get that to fuck. He fucked up an excellent chance of qualification by playing for a draw against Belarus at home when we needed to win (lost 1-0) and then dropped us as soon as the blue bigots called. I would not attend a Scotland game with that fucker in charge.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I don't get the sudden clamour for Steve Clarke to get the job, everyone is suddenly jumping on the bandwagon.

He has been a VERY good assistant manager in the past but hardly has a startling record as a manager.  He left West Brom 2 points above the relegation zone in the EPL then got fired after a year in charge of Reading.

Yes, he's had a great start at Killie but FFS he's only been there for about a dozen games.

Makes me laugh how supporters discount managers who have won cups in the past then want a guy in who has barely scratched the surface as a number one in club management.

Try actually reading my post before jumping in with such vitriol.  I'm not suggesting him or touting him for that matter.  He's been linked with the job amd people were talking about it.  Whether you like the hun cunt or not (and I don't) of all the SCOTTISH candidates mentioned he has the best CV by a mile.  I cant fucking stand Walter Smith but I'm able to put that aside and recognise his ability to do the job.  If he got it I think he would do well because he's a very good manager and did well before.  I don't want him to get it because he walked out last time but if he does get it so be it.

Also David Murray ruined the huns and got them liquidated, as huns go he aint all bad  ;D

If "sir" Walter gets it it will aptly sum up what's wrong with the SFA.

However as others have so adroitly said, there's a distinct lack of "Scottish" options which is why I think the SFA need to broaden their horiz..............................who the fuck am I kidding here :hammer:

It's going to be Walter with Stuart McCall as assistant, we all know that  :hammer:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

If Smith gets the job just wait for all the concomitant hun shite that goes with it and the press appeal for McCrorie, Jack, Murphy, Wallace and Martin to be deserving of a place in the team.  :thumbsup:

Try actually reading my post before jumping in with such vitriol.  I'm not suggesting him or touting him for that matter.  He's been linked with the job amd people were talking about it.  Whether you like the hun cunt or not (and I don't) of all the SCOTTISH candidates mentioned he has the best CV by a mile.  I cant fucking stand Walter Smith but I'm able to put that aside and recognise his ability to do the job.  If he got it I think he would do well because he's a very good manager and did well before.  I don't want him to get it because he walked out last time but if he does get it so be it.

Also David Murray ruined the huns and got them liquidated, as huns go he aint all bad  ;D

I did read your post. It was specifically the stuff you just repeated above. His ability to do the job is non-existent and he wasn't as good as McLeish directly after him, nor even Strachan more recently (and that's not to compliment either of those two). He's a self interested cunt who has the knack of coming in and leaving at the right time for himself. Jute points out his dire attempt in the Belarus game, not to mention the Ukraine game and Italy away too, when he produced a formation and set of tactics more embarrassing than Levein's 4-6-0. His CV is riddled with situations where he had resources and left as those resources were dwindling - and thus beginning to show up his huge managerial deficiencies. He's Jimmy Calderwood with more money to spend and the ability to read an employment situation. He can fuck off.

I did read your post.

He was only passing on information that had only just broken in the news, that Walter was now in the frame. I certainly heard it from tig first on here before it broke everywhere. He then passed an opinion on it but it wasn't him suggesting it.

You on the other hand misinterpreted his post and went so far as to suggest his mental health had been impaired by substance abuse: -

What the fuck are you even on suggesting such a fucker for the Scotland job? Seriously?

That was the vitriol I think he's talking about so an apology might be in order.

He was only passing on information that had only just broken in the news, that Walter was now in the frame. I certainly heard it from tig first on here before it broke everywhere. He then passed an opinion on it but it wasn't him suggesting it.

You on the other hand misinterpreted his post and went so far as to suggest his mental health had been impaired by substance abuse: -

That was the vitriol I think he's talking about so an apology might be in order.

Fuck that. No one should be endorsing (which is what I meant to say, rather than suggesting) thon cunt Smith on an Aberdeen message board. I reserve the right to be a cunt on this occasion without apologising.

I'd like to apologise for not being able to apologise on this occasion tlg.

I should be in politics. I semantic'd the fuck oot of that one.

Fuck that. No one should be endorsing (which is what I meant to say, rather than suggesting) thon cunt Smith on an Aberdeen message board. I reserve the right to be a cunt on this occasion without apologising.

I'd like to apologise for not being able to apologise on this occasion tlg.

I should be in politics. I semantic'd the fuck oot of that one.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That tickled my kazif.

I heard it called a "taint" yesterday by a yank, the bit between yer arse and yer ba's. He reckoned cos it taint the mechanics and it taint the pussy or something like that, describing it on a woman whereas the guy that told me - the guy was from Craigellachie, and he told me on a beach in Vai, Crete in 1983 - that it was a kazif was kazif it wisna there, yer guts wid fa oot.

Regan has clearly been hung out to dry by the press who didn't want him in the first place and were desperate to get rid.

Michael O'Neill dicked about with the Scotland job.  He knew what was involved, roughly what the salary was and drew out the whole process before settling for the easy option of staying put.

As soon as O'Neill turned the job down the press jumped on it 5 minutes later by saying Regan had no alternative option without actually knowing who else was on the original shortlist.  As with all of these negotiations we don't really know who made it public that O'Neill was lined up for the job, was it the SFA or did O'Neill himself leak the story to beef up his own status for jobs elsewhere?

There's also been blame attached to Regan for failing to qualify for major tournaments.  Fact is, we have produced a succession of inferior players for years.  Only now do we have a few decent guys coming through.  Regan appointed Strachan who most will agree did a decent job with limited resources.  Not Regan's fault that we could not hold onto a lead against Slovenia.

Barcosente, don't agree with your point on the make up of the SFA board.  Most successful clubs are run by people who have never played or managed at a high level.  The people on this forum are not exactly ex-internationals but we all know a fair bit about the game and the likes of Mourinho and Benitez have proved that there is no need to have played at a high level to be excellent managers.

Also take issue with your point on blatant promotion of the old firm.  Did they not relegate rangers when the press were pushing for them to go straight into the first division?

Okay, I did not say that ex players or managers had to have done so at a high level. I did say that it would be helpful if we had someone on the board who had played or managed.

If you are going to manage a supermarket, it helps if you've stacked the shelves at some point.

The examples you gave of Mourinho and Benitez are good, but again I didn't specify anything about "High Level"

I still think that the board needs to a wider spread of expertise and that any football club or board, no matter how succesful, could possibly benefit from having ex pro's on board...no matter how succesful they already are.

Ref my point about them being "Old farm apologists". They did not relegate Oldco,  as other posters have also indicated.

They in fact kept them in the league to the exclusion of several other SFA member clubs who were longer time members than Newco who then came into being. In effect the powers that be, let them cut the queue to stay in the big leagues.

A bit akin to the delusion of those same 2 Old Farm clubs believing that they can jump the queue to join the English Premiership ahead of all the clubs in the pyramid below?

Want a week off at the start of the season to go and play a glamour friendly against Inter Milan or a wee trip to New York in front of your Boston faithful that's a money spinner instead of playing a league match against Partick Thistle or Kilmarnock? No Problem! On you go Celtic. Have at it! Never mind Thistles or Killies needs to play the match on a good pitch instead of a swamp in the middle of February. Then half way through the season, complain because "we have too many fixtures to play"

Thanks powers that be!

Now, ask yourself this question. When Rantic or Celgers next play a cup match at Hamdung. Which end are your team going to get?

We are the only nation in the world that has a so called neutral ground where exclusively 2 teams have a "home end"

Not apologists or as you put it "Blatant promotion of the Old Firm" (I didn't say that either, but paraphrase is okay, I know what you meant).

This is an Aberdeen FC based forum, so we are all more or less going to take a red coloured view, but I can't seriously believe that you can't see that the SFA over the years have leaned heavily on occasions towards "Scotlands top 2 clubs"

Remember the ticket Fiasco for the 2000 cup final against "them"?

For some screwed up reason, the SFA seemed to deem it okay to hand over a large majority of tickets for a "neutral" venue to "them" because "They have more season ticket holders"

Stuart Regan was perhaps hung out to dry, but the fact is, he was the figurehead with the responsibility of the Association's success or failure. We didn't succeed as a nation, so by dint, he failed.

Hung out to dry or not, he had to go and in my own personal opinion, the rest should follow.

The press can be powerful, but they didn't take him out. He and the board succeeded in that by themselves.

As for Walter Smith! He's only marginally younger than me, and while I may have a closer hotline to any god, seriously? I'm clearly not ageist, but he's been tending his roses for the last 3-4 years.

If he gets the job then maybe I can re-apply to get my paper route back!

Aye, although the weegie media in full flow still over sir brown of brogue.

It's like the McInnes situation all over again. Churning out the forming Scotland players. Naismith describing him as the "safe" option. Aye, that's what we need. The absurdity being that McLeish was a better Scotland manager who's clearly also available if you wanted to go down the easy appointment route. Strangely (not really of course), they're not touting Craig Brown who also had a better record than Smith as Scotland manager.

Walter Smith looks after Walter Smith, and so he'd definitely take the job. It'll be the easiest qualification for a tournament he's likely to get, and those are the conditions that Smith loves. Huns when they could buy the league (and announced he'd leave when they couldn't), Scotland after Vogts, Huns after Le Guen - Smith is shrewd enough to know when to take a job to serve himself best. I think he'll take us to the Euros like, but I believe anyone from McLeish, Strachan, Clark, McInnes and even Malky would be able to too.

So The Cardigan has apparently said no to the Scotland job.

Must have missed something along the way here. Thought it was only the Weggie Media that had actually offered it to him in the first place. Their wankfest will no doubt move on to McLeish now  ::)

John Hughes says he would manage Scotland for nothing    ;D

Hmmmm... tough one.

He's so thick he's probably said that to a journalist but if he had applied for the vacancy and if he had asked for zero remuneration, he would need to be thanked for his interest, told that he will be considered and that we will revert to you in due course.

A further investigation would need to examine how this news got out in the public domain from the SFA but for general courtesy alone, we must not succumb to the temptation to tell him that nothing is all that he's worth or that he's a fucking nothing.

He's just a "football man". He could be the bastard offspring of James Calderwood, just less articulate, and the village idiot cousin of Derek McInnes, the latter having swallowed a course or seven in public speaking and PR.