Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Heard the interview with Moyes where he says nobody turns down Scotland, but his first choice is club management. This to me is exactly what happened to McLeish when he became the national manager, I'll take the Scotland gig until something better comes along. A big NO from me for Moyes as Scotland manager, we want someone who wants the job!

I assumed Moyes would've worked out by now that his big club management days were history. I see him as an elder statesman type figure who has a decent brain and good experience. I also loved the honesty of his slap comment, the one that the politically correct culture killed him with. For me he's the best man for the job. It's a part time job anyway.

Is Tommy Wright some sort of God like figure in football just because his team beat us in a cup final?

Never in a million years should he be considered the nations manager.

Deary me.

For a start St Johnstone have never beaten us in a Cup Final.

Secondly, i never claimed TW to be a footballing god!  :hammer: I claimed a few things about him which was my opinion and i said so, perhaps you'd be better reading my post again instead of jumping right in as soon as you saw the name mentioned.

And to top it all you mention Kilnsmann.....  :rofl: WTF does Klinsmann know about Scottish fitba and their players?!

For a start St Johnstone have never beaten us in a Cup Final.

Secondly, i never claimed TW to be a footballing god!  :hammer: I claimed a few things about him which was my opinion and i said so, perhaps you'd be better reading my post again instead of jumping right in as soon as you saw the name mentioned.

And to top it all you mention Kilnsmann.....  :rofl: WTF does Klinsmann know about Scottish fitba and their players?!

Haha u know I meant semi cup final.

Would you take Klinsmann or Wright if given the choice? Honestly?

Klinsmann knows more about world football than tommy wrights pinky.

And it's not that hard to know about Scottish football.

We have 3 teams sometimes 4 who's players get into the Scotland squad.

Most are from 1 team in Scotland at the moment if not all.

Simple.

Tommy wright has very little experience about playing in big game tournaments unless we rely on his memory from 30 years ago of course.

Klinsmann did an amazing job with the USA.

I claimed a few things about individuals not performing and it not being solely the set up and formation  which even McInnes was quoted saying in an interview AFTER I said it.

Remember you jumping in saying that I knew nothing about football even though what I said was correct?

:rofl:

Malky fecking Mackay.  Interim manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41612064

Utterly disgraceful.

I was at an event held by Nutmeg magazine recently, and Mackay was asked to be the main speaker at it.  The interviewer (can't remember his name, but he's a writer and TV regular) refused to chair it if Mackay was a guest.  Rightly so. Mackay was cancelled.

This shouldn't be tolerated. "Show Racism the Red Card"... it's not "Show Racism the Red Card but then invite it into your front room for the next two years".

He's an arsehole. 

Scotland should invite applications. Take interviews and after that who knows? They may get a young, vibrant manager who doesn't have any hang ups about Scottish Football and may well pick guys like Graeme Shinnie, Ryan Christie, Stevie May and Brian Grant.....

Is Regan trying to get the sack?! Seem to me he's been trying to get it for years but seems to keep avoiding it!

Seriously though, how much longer can he get away with the gross mismanagement of the organisation he's entrusted to run and look after?

Everything he does causes uproar, does he have to fire himself to get the boot?

Utterly disgraceful.

I was at an event held by Nutmeg magazine recently, and Mackay was asked to be the main speaker at it.  The interviewer (can't remember his name, but he's a writer and TV regular) refused to chair it if Mackay was a guest.  Rightly so. Mackay was cancelled.

This shouldn't be tolerated. "Show Racism the Red Card"... it's not "Show Racism the Red Card but then invite it into your front room for the next two years".

He's an arsehole. 

Scotland should invite applications. Take interviews and after that who knows? They may get a young, vibrant manager who doesn't have any hang ups about Scottish Football and may well pick guys like Graeme Shinnie, Ryan Christie, Stevie May and Brian Grant.....

I'm sure that's exactly what they'll be doing seeing as Regan has said there is no hurry with such a long time till our next competitive match.

I'm not really gettiong all the malky outrage. He's been at the SFA a while now, surely on appointment was the time for this.

As for Regan and Doncaster, these two are a cancer, I hoped that getting a couple of guffs in at the top would rid us of the old firm blinkers, instead they've actually been worse. It's time both were punted and replaced by Stewart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan.

Why don't we just disband the Scotland team altogether and go crawling to the English asking them to change their name to GB.

Then we've qualified and kept the majority of Scots happy in one simple move.

If we were to truely unite with England we could do what the Czech Rep and Slovakia did and take parts of both their names to make Czechoslovakia.

We could take the first part of our countrys name and the second part of Englands to make..... Scotland.  :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

According to online headline in Hunday Mail, Ryan Jack set to be named in Malky MacKay's squad for Holland game  ::)

As an aside, it is also reported that Shinnie, McLean & Christie will also feature

Everything that is wrong with Scottish fitba summed up in one selection.

If true...