Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Mulgrew to captain side.

Any dlight enthusiasm i might have recaptured has just gonr in a flash

Most experienced player in the squad so suppose it makes sense.

Going to head along tomorrow but sure what to expect. We were decent under McLeish the first time around so hoping he can get same type of results again.

Tierney will be captain when he's back in the squad so anyone else is just a temporary measure. Also, and I hope no-one takes this the wrong way, if your enthusiasm is affected overly much by whoever is named captain for a couple of friendlies then you probably weren't too bothered about the team anyway.

Talking of apathy towards our national team, tonight might have been the first game where, armed with the ability to watch it on telly, I chose not to bother. But it probably won't be.

I will be watching the match tonight but the difference now is I don't really care about the result. Back in the day always looked forward to Scotland games and hated when they lost.

We say that we don't care about the result but we will no doubt be bouncing around the room on the occasion of the Scotland goals.

It's a defence mechanism, this pretence apathy. We are forcing it upon ourselves due to the frequency with which we have had misery imposed upon us. The SFA are still wankers and most Scots fans are scum.

Aye, that's about the gist of it. I'm looking forward to it, I liked the way we played under McLeish previously, and I like the look of the squad.

Also, I was nearly greeting as a youngster when those Costa Rican fucks beat us in the 90 world cup, so I hope McLeish fucking destroys them as revenge. From memory, if they'd brought Eoin Jess to that world cup we'd have tanked the West Germans in the final.

From memory, if they'd brought Eoin Jess to that world cup we'd have tanked the West Germans in the final.

That's a new angle, the remembering of a hypothesis. This makes my soul sing. And it also makes me sad.

Agree that the McLeish factor is the most interesting aspect of tonight and a crutch for renewed optimism.