Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

no shock there. Who in their right mind would want to work for those fucking idiots that run our game?

They really are a bunch of clueless inept knobbers.

The next poor bastards they approach will now know that they were second/third/fourth choice. They'll just end up letting the racist keep the job full time.

no shock there. Who in their right mind would want to work for those fucking idiots that run our game?

They really are a bunch of clueless inept knobbers.

The next poor bastards they approach will now know that they were second/third/fourth choice. They'll just end up letting the racist keep the job full time.

^^^This. Apart from the "knowing yer second choice" thing. I don't think most managers would care too much about that. But what a spectacular fuck up. I quite liked McLeish as Scotland manager, but he does buy the "fitba needs Rangers" pish a bit much. I'd like to see us go further afield for a good international (experienced) manager, but really can't think of anyone. I'm quite glad both Moyes and Lambert are in jobs as I don't rate either of those two. Just gie it to Jim Duffy. He's been around a while.

Ill say it again.

Klinsmann

I've suggested that before but been shot down. Problem is that Klinsmann would want power and a change in the whole Scotland structure from youth teams up. He's a true winner but no way the powers that be will give him the authority.

I actually thought McLeish did well as Scotland manager, would hopefully have players playing for the jersey. Then again it was a while ago and I could be wrong...

Giving any manager, but especially one at international level, full control over an entire set up from the youths upwards is madness. Managers are, by their nature, transient, so clubs and associations should have a system running in the background that continues regardless of who is in charge of picking the squads etc.

Now it's obviously highly unlikely that the SFA will make a good job of such a thing but as a general principle they shouldn't be handing a manager full control and it seems like they're already aware of that, with Mackay as performance director overseeing the full set up.

but as a general principle they shouldn't be handing a manager full control and it seems like they're already aware of that, with Mackay as performance director overseeing the full set up.

Exactly, and giving the role to an unemployable racist means he's likely to be there for sometime.

Draw has been made for the Nations league

League C

Group 1

Israel

Albania

Scotland

I can't say I'm confident of winning that group and booking a back-up playoff spot for Euro 2020.

Other 'home' nations were as follows

League A

Group 4

Croatia

England

Spain

League B

Group 3

Northern Ireland

Bosnia & Hercegovinia

Austria

League B

Group 4

Denmark

Rep. of Ireland

Wales

Only the English have a chance of winning the 2019 Nations League.

Welsh, & both sides of Ireland will have to wait till 2023 at the earliest.

Scotland will have to wait until 2027 at the earliest.

That is of course if this little experiment survives.

Side note, one of the following teams is now guaranteed a spot at Euro 2020 Finals

Andorra

San Marino

Kosovo

Gibraltar

Kazakhstan

Moldova

Malta

Liechtenstein

Latvia

Luxembourg

Faroe Islands

Armenia

Georgia

Belarus

Azerbaijan

Macedonia

Yes and yes ( Scotland u17 & U21)

There is an argument that managing men is a different kettle of spangles. It's one I subscribe to.

I find it utterly tragic that a nation can consider giving the top job to somebody who has no experience.

Correlations between what he needs in his locker as national boss and what he's done for the boys and youths are zero.

He will be learning on the job, making his mistakes at the national expense. Insane to consider him.