Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Having to listen to those two twats summing up the play is nauseating.

These two morons show you how high regard Sky has for Scottish football. I switched off after the final whistle.

As the saying goes " That's 90 min I will never get back"

McKenna is worth another punt on Tuesday against Hungary.

Piss poor first half but better second. Though McBurnie played well and should have had a goal. McKenna looked comfortable despite being asked to play on left of a 3. Robertson looks a class above the rest of the team. McDonald and McTominay showed some decent touches in midfield. Costa Rica looked a good side with some decent players.

It's Fight Night over on Aberdeen Mad

Took a look its a bit sad really ( but funny as fuck too)

However I have to take issue with you and other Dons supporters saying you don't give a fuck about the Scotland score or indeed actually enjoying seeing us get beaten. The only c@nts who actively want Scotland getting beaten are those Huns who sing Rule fucking Britannia and support England. Nauseating uneducated neanderthals and yet we now have a few of our own almost imitating them.

As far as I know the guys who you are calling English because of their place of birth all at least have one parent who was born in Scotland. At least McLeish hasn't went down the Vogts/GWT line of giving caps to guys who only had a Scottish granny or because they once bought a bottle of irn bru when the dandelion and burdock was sold out. 

Thought i might add my tuppence worth for y'all...  :smile:

Neighbour invited me over to his to watch the match, quickly nipped to the shops for Tennents, wasn't sharing my Birra Moretti that i had bought in, with him.

Anyway, he's 50 years old, local and a big Liverpool 'fan'.  ::) At any given opportunity throughout the Scotland game he was flicking over to the England game... honestly, making my fooking blood boil even having a passing interest in a different country playing a friendly!

As soon the Scotland game was finished it was flicked over to the English game so we could get the summarising of that game. I lost track of how many times i was informed that Salah had opened the scoring for Egypt against Portugal.... He offered me another beer which was politely declined and i fucked off.

The Scotland game... i thought McKenna was a contender for MotM. McTominay, Cairney and McDonald added nothing, especially McDonald... if he plays again i'm going to offer my services as i'm more useful than that (and i'm 46 with a dodgy knee!).

McBurnie did alright, nothing eye catching tho, Robertson was the same. Hanley is a liability pure and simple! Matt Ritchie, was hopeless as well. It's fair to say i wasn't impressed, tho i wanted to be.

Fair play to Big Eck for giving it a go and that's what these games are for but there were 3 or 4 who don't even deserve another shotty!

However I have to take issue with you and other Dons supporters saying you don't give a fuck about the Scotland score

I'm very proud to say that I didn't watch a minute of either game and I have no intention of watching a minute of any other pointless friendly fucking international.

An absolute waste of time.

A spectacular season of progress for Scott McKenna continues with the 21-year-old Aberdeen defender confirming his international credentials. Of the new arrivals on the Scotland scene against Costa Rica, he was the standout performer. Remarkable, when you think he hadn't played Premiership football until a few months ago.

And McKenna's temperament shone through in the first half at Hampden, staying calm and composed as experienced players around him struggled with the Scotland system. He got better as the game went on and the team performance improved. His emergence goes down as a big plus for the national team. Shame he's left-footed - we've got a defence full of those - but we have to be happy that McKenna's here to stay as a Scotland player.

Good to see our player getting some praise for his debut for Scotland. Did not listen to the two Sky pundit prats after the game so no idea if McKenna's name was mentioned as the best newcomer or not. Have a feeling he will have a tougher game on Tuesday night.

Yep, he was mentioned again on the radio this morning as the highlight of the game. I actually thought he was a little tentative at times, but did look like he'd been playing there for years.

His value must be up at £3M now. Soon he'll be the funding for the new stadium.

Good to see our player getting some praise for his debut for Scotland. Did not listen to the two Sky pundit prats after the game so no idea if McKenna's name was mentioned as the best newcomer or not. Have a feeling he will have a tougher game on Tuesday night.

Not sure he will play on Tuesday though certainly should as he was by far the best of all the dubutants. Even if he does he is going to find things difficult when Tierney returns to the squad, with Robertson now the nailed on 1st choice at left back Tierney will need shoehorned into the team somehow and left centre back in the position McKenna was in the other night seems the most logical. His best hope is that once this happens, McLeish sticks with the 3 at the back and he can somehow persuade the manager he is a better option than Mulgrew, however I suspect he will have to wait a couple of years before he nails down a regular spot.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Bizarre line up by McLeish the other night.

He would have done himself a huge favour by starting Forrest, McGinn, Armstrong, McGregor and Fraser.  They might have actually won the game. 

Not sure what he was hoping to achieve by picking so many players that have no hope of being in his first eleven when the proper matches come along.

Bizarre line up by McLeish the other night.

He would have done himself a huge favour by starting Forrest, McGinn, Armstrong, McGregor and Fraser.  They might have actually won the game. 

Not sure what he was hoping to achieve by picking so many players that have no hope of being in his first eleven when the proper matches come along.

Presumably to find out if they might actually be good enough for his first eleven, which I'd suggest McKenna seems like he could be, with McTominay and McBurnie reasonable squad players at this stage. McDonald and Murphy not so much.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Presumably to find out if they might actually be good enough for his first eleven, which I'd suggest McKenna seems like he could be, with McTominay and McBurnie reasonable squad players at this stage. McDonald and Murphy not so much.

You're right but he's just heaping pressure on himself already.  If we get beat in the next game the fans will already be getting restless.  We have been in great form over the past year or so therefore no reason to totally rip up the script and start again.

It's not as if the likes of Fraser, McGregor or McGinn have loads of caps already.  Would have done them no harm to get a start, play most of the game and build the team's confidence by taking some sort of positive result away.

You're right but he's just heaping pressure on himself already.  If we get beat in the next game the fans will already be getting restless.  We have been in great form over the past year or so therefore no reason to totally rip up the script and start again.

It's not as if the likes of Fraser, McGregor or McGinn have loads of caps already.  Would have done them no harm to get a start, play most of the game and build the team's confidence by taking some sort of positive result away.

The difficulty is friendlies though. You can't get the best players to play in them. I suspect he'll have plenty of managers on the phone telling him to be careful with their players too. Yer championship and SPFL < tims teams greatly appreciate their players being involved because of the additional exposure, but above that the International game is seen as a hindrance and feel that their players shouldn't be involved because: "we pay their wages", "too many games" etc. If McLeish can effectively split the team over two games in these instances then he probably will. We'll see something completely different when the qualifying starts. International friendlies are just a waste of time.