Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Lennon would be the end.

Obnoxious arsehole who lies about Aberdeen fans.

What on earth does an international manager need an assistant for?

I'd say scouting players, finding new players, and coaching to start with. A squad of 20 plus players requires multiple coaches, plus the head to coach and oversee. I do agree to an extent though, not exactly sure what these guys do on a daily basis.

Can't imagine Moyes doing much. Hopefully we'll hear of some decent applicants in the coming weeks. I doubt the position will be filled this year. I'd personally hold out for a while if there is no outstanding candidate at present. There is plenty of time to work out the best person and folks will come and go from jobs before the next campaign.

It's not going to be "corroupt Sam" and it's not going to be "he's Portuguese, he's one of these".

Like the idea of sitting tight for a while. No rush here. Important decision. A long term one.

Get some cunt in on a trial basis and see what he's made of. Moyes maybe or the cheaper McLeish, who's record was awesome... but did he not fuck us off? No matter, can't blame him at the time.

McLeish....meh but acceptable. However I think he is sitting waiting for sevco to bullet the Portugeezer. They are rookit and McLeish would be a cheap stop gap for 2 or 3 years for them. Scotland have no need to make a hurried decision, after we pump der hun in the successive away/home games Pedro's time would surely be up. Indeed if Saints whup them tomorrow he could be gone by the start of next week.....McLeish may not be available for Scotland. And he couldnt wait to fuck off to those giants of football Birmingham City last time he was Scotland boss.....

Great news. The bookies fav is Moyes apparently. That could be a good move actually.

Why would Moyes be a good move? Other than Everton he's been shit everywhere else since if my memory is correct. I think he's one who won't do anything special ever again in management, should never have left Everton. Does he even know or value the Scottish game. I prefer a manager who has been connected to the Scottish game of late.

Under McLeish I think we played with pride and passion. I'd take him back. I think he also pays attention to the Scottish game and is somewhat familiar with the players and teams up here.

I would definitely take Lennon but think he ruled himself out. I'd go with a younger guy, think he'd like the underdog tag too. Would like to see the SFA at least approach him.

I'd hate the disruption to us, but I'd be happy with McInnes as Scotland manager.  Will never happen though I'm sure. Would be hell on us, major change after the summer we just had.

I'm not saying Moyes would be a good move. I speculated that he could (might) be a good move.

McInnes? Holy fuck. He was quoted in the news bites today. It was an interview from 2/3 years back when he was lamenting Shinnie not getting a call-up. Admirable loyalty and support to his player but contradictory and imbecilic as history since proved. He described Shinnie as "the best left back in the country" and yet rarely played him in that position, the last game being the first time in ages and by all accounts, GS had his best game for as long as we can remember. Not that he had much to beat being surprisingly disappointing this season. McInnes can't motivate a decent size club far less a country. Too many fatal weaknesses in his vocation.

The more I've thought about this, the better it sounds. He's great at getting underdogs to outperform. Scottish parents. Will be motivated to show the guffs what he could have done.  :thumbsup:

Good argument, especially the underdog achievement record but I suspect your tin hat may be required.

He's a horrible ugly soul and the way he chews gum is reminiscent of a cow cudding.

I don't want someone like Big Sam or Moyes as they won't have a clue about which players in Scotland are doing well, which was part of the problem with the last eejit! Those two along with Lambert would be doing exactly the same as Strachan, picking anyone from south of the border who's ever heard of Rabbie Burns.

I like the sound of Tommy Wright from Saints. He's no ties to either of the gruesome twosome, he knows the Scottish game inside out, tactically astute and relatively speaking, Saints are to the SPFL what Scotland are to the international scene, so for us to be doing as well on the international scene as what they are doing i'd be delighted.

Obviously that last bit is my own perspective on things.  :wave:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17308&newsCategoryID=1

Scotland to play the Netherlands in November

Friday, 13 October 2017

Scotland will take on the Netherlands at Pittodrie in an International Challenge Match on Thursday, 9 November, kick-off 7.45pm.

Both teams will be looking for morale-boosting victories after they narrowly missed out on a World Cup qualification play-off place on goal difference in their respective groups.

The sides have played 18 times in the past, with Scotland winning six, the Netherlands eight and the spoils being shared on four occasions.

They last played in 2009 during qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, with the Netherlands wining 1-0 at Hampden and 3-0 in Amsterdam.

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to bring international football back to the north east and are excited to once again welcome the Dutch national team to Scottish soil.

“While Pittodrie is not able to host competitive Scotland matches, this friendly provides a fantastic opportunity to bring international football to an abundance of Scotland fans based in the north.

“Though we are disappointed not to have qualified for the World Cup play-offs, the work begins now to prepare the team for next year’s UEFA Nations League tournament.

“The Netherlands will provide a stern test for the team and top class entertainment value for the fans.”

Duncan Fraser, Chief Executive at Aberdeen FC, added: “We share in the disappointment over Scotland not reaching the World Cup play-offs.

"However, we very much welcome the Scottish FA's decision to bring this international game to Aberdeen.

“With the introduction of the UEFA Nations League next year replacing international friendlies, this is almost certainly the last occasion Pittodrie, and therefore Aberdeen, will host a Scotland international until the club relocate.

"Due to the well-documented constraints at Pittodrie, we are unable to host competitive internationals.

“This further underlines the need for a new stadium at Kingsford and why we remain absolutely committed to building facilities which can host competitive international matches, which not only provide a major boost for the Club but also the local economy."

Ticket information for the match including pricing will be announced in due course.

I don't want someone like Big Sam or Moyes as they won't have a clue about which players in Scotland are doing well, which was part of the problem with the last eejit! Those two along with Lambert would be doing exactly the same as Strachan, picking anyone from south of the border who's ever heard of Rabbie Burns.

I like the sound of Tommy Wright from Saints. He's no ties to either of the gruesome twosome, he knows the Scottish game inside out, tactically astute and relatively speaking, Saints are to the SPFL what Scotland are to the international scene, so for us to be doing as well on the international scene as what they are doing i'd be delighted.

Obviously that last bit is my own perspective on things.  :wave:

Is Tommy Wright some sort of God like figure in football just because his team beat us in a cup final?

Never in a million years should he be considered the nations manager.

Deary me.

Wow.

Regan interview on Sportsound, saying he sat down for breakfast with the ginger cunt and the arrogant cunt on Monday morning, Strachan's contribution as reported was how they would move forward for the next campaign. No contrition, no self awareness, clearly happy and expecting to carry on being an arrogant little fucker.

Thanks fuck he's gone, onwards and upwards

#fatsamsbarmyarmy