Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton 6/8/17

Didn't see one and was moved to start it after reading this from Canning about Accies likely "relegation dogfight"

""You've got guys like Graham Dorrans, Steven Whittaker and Kyle Lafferty coming back up from down south to join Scottish clubs, which is great. That's the result of having Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs all back in the one league. These are the games the media wants to see and it's bringing in a bit more income.

Guessing we don't register on his myopic central-beltism :dunno:

Anyway

Out

Sleep

Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon

3-0 Aberdeen Maynard, Stockley, Christie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's freshen it up a little!

Lewis

Logan - Arnie - Reynolds - considine

Wright - OConnor - Tansey - Shinnie

Christie

Storey

GMS Stewart and Maynard were thrown in at the deep end, give them time to settle and get fully match fit/sharp.

Rooney has his limitations, Stockley is offering little at present. Give Storey an extended run or move him

on and sign Moult asap. We need a pacey and lively forward and we're seeing so little from any center forward right now.

We should have bust a gut to get Moult in a fortnight ago. 500k would get him. Even if we fired in a bid tomorrow we aint gonna get him now till next week as they'll want him to face sevco on Sunday.

By time hes up to speed with the squad itll be September now.

Hopefully Rooney fit as we need a striker who knows where the goal is. Stockley and Maynard just do not look good enough. Would think after heat tonight McInnes will want to give a couple of players a rest. Would expect Kari and Tansey to start and maybe Scott Wright.

In (if my season ticket turns up)

Pub

Y

Train back to the capital

1-0 McLean

Edit: Is anbody else still waiting for their season ticket?

looking for the six game ticket option online but cant seem to find it.Has anyone got this option?, hoping theirs a printoffable version in time for tomorrows game.

Edit - ticket office open later..

Ach well,got thru eventually and for a change of scene chose an ST in the main stand with fellow curmudgeons

In or oot - In

Furryboots - SS X( complimentary as seat in mainer taken the morn)

Pre/Post - Driving

Prediction - 3 - 0 Dons,Maynard hat trick      :surprised:

Haha,I do like a moan at the fitba.Am over the far end beside the Merkland.In the SS the morn tho,as someone booked my seat before I bought the ST.

If i see an empty seat in future,I'll assume youre on one of your boycotts.Wonder which pillar will be blocking my view.Noticed most of the main stand is sold out(0 seats available) along with most of the SS,lower RDS.Hopefully a decent crowd the morn...

Fine weather up the hills near Torphins this morning,looks like a fine day for most of the fitba.

DM said he'd like to freshen things up a bit today if I remember.Stockley suspended?(wishful thinking?),Would like Maynard to get a bit of a run,and a good game for Wright and Arnason.

Lets get off to a flier.  COYR

Fine weather up the hills near Torphins this morning,looks like a fine day for most of the fitba.

DM said he'd like to freshen things up a bit today if I remember.Stockley suspended?(wishful thinking?),Would like Maynard to get a bit of a run,and a good game for Wright and Arnason.

Lets get off to a flier.  COYR

Precisely what we need, let's hope theres a good crowd for it. Time to set the standard for the season  :thumbsup:

Really hope Stockley is ineligible...

Wouldnt drop him,maybe play him parts of games til he's up to speed.If theyre looking at his performance on Thursday,dont think anyone came out of that too well.He might be worth a shout up front if the strikers keep firing duds.

..anyway welcome aboard Dons1Huns0.... 

I don't think it was his fault that Apollon had figured him out on Thursday. He's a skilful player, but needs to be utilised in the right way.  I'd play him to get him fit, but DM will need to break his normal trend and sub him early enough to give the sub sufficient time to do anything if required.

ANother season beckons and hopefully another good one for AFC, I think it will be tougher for us, but we should have enough about us to keep us up near the top, even better if we can get another striker in.

The last time we played Hamilton on the opening day of the season was 2010, the we beat them 4-1 and Hartley got a hat trick of penalties, that was about the highlight of that season. Whatever the result today we won't be as bad as we were back then.

Back to this afternoon and I have no idea how we will line up for this one, would like to see Wright start, don't think there is anyone, on current form, any better than him at the moment, so would go for him and hopefully his youth will spur us on.

I reckon a good 2-0 victory will do nicely to start things off.

COYR