Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton 6/8/17

Wright on the highlights was absolute class.

How many times have I and others said he should be starting or getting more game time.

It was said about 2 years ago.

I also mentioned that Reynolds was overrated many years ago when I noticed a few flaws in his game.

His man marking is shit at times.

wasn't convinced about arni when he re-signed (though Rico will think I was haha).

Mcleans miss was worse than Storeys last season I'd argue.

Ballooning it over the bar.wtf...a professional footballer not getting over the ball when he had time.the defender may have put him off a little (no he didn't carry a flare  :rofl:) but shite technique.

Good result and we were fouled so many times.

Ref looked a shocker.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the ship has sailed on that one, he's been out of form for a couple of seasons now, it's not coming back.

Agreed, although I was surprised against Apollon (home tie) that he seemed to have some pace about him.  Our defence is the weakest link imo. We have a Rooney up top so wouldn't quite say it's as weak as the back.

That'd be the worst argument in the history of arguments.

McLean ballooned the ball over the bar while being tackled I think. Storey's ball was rolling along the ground on the goal line and my memory suggests he megged himself then cleared it. Paul Daniels couldn't do that.

McLean ballooned the ball over the bar while being tackled I think. Storey's ball was rolling along the ground on the goal line and my memory suggests he megged himself then cleared it. Paul Daniels couldn't do that.

This ties in with my memory of it.  Utterly baffling how he managed to fuck it up in such spectacular style.  Much, much worse than McLean's on Sunday. Maynard's was worse than McLean's. 

Nice goal on Sunday though to be fair to him. 

This ties in with my memory of it.  Utterly baffling how he managed to fuck it up in such spectacular style.  Much, much worse than McLean's on Sunday. Maynard's was worse than McLean's. 

Nice goal on Sunday though to be fair to him.

Was a very tidy finish from him. Hopefully it's just the confidence booster he needed but I can't say DMs comments filled me with confidence. Didnt exactly rule out him going.

Shinnie and Maynard both had easier chances than McLean. Nice finish from Storey, didn't hear what DM said of Storey, do share! If he stays at the club I'd actually like to see him given a shot, not inspired by Rooney, Stockley, and Maynard .

That'd be the worst argument in the history of arguments.

Well I'm sticking to it.

Storey had 2 players in front of him and couldn't see the ball coming til late...the ball was also slightly off the ground.

Bad miss for sure.

McLeans ball was on the deck he was moving forward...a defender was near him but he easily got a shot in before the defender touched him. Fucking ballooned it.it was a shocker.

Go watch again folks

:o

McLean has proven he cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo, we've all known that. His scoring record is poor to say the least. Storey is a forward, he's meant to score goals.

Both are poor misses. However, McLean's was a scoring chance and he missed it. Storey did something many of us didn't think was possible!

McLean managed to put it right over the Merkland stand roof from 6 yards, that's pretty special!  :laughing:

Exactly

it was far worse than storeys I believe.

Just cos the whole of the forum AFC support criticise Storeys miss, doesn't mean that technically,  it's a worse miss than McLeans.

Learn to go not with the flow sometimes.

Anyway...2-0 who cares.

:greengrin:

Exactly

it was far worse than storeys I believe.

Just cos the whole of the forum AFC support criticise Storeys miss, doesn't mean that technically,  it's a worse miss than McLeans.

Learn to go not with the flow sometimes.

Anyway...2-0 who cares.

:greengrin:

We can certainly agree to disagree and we won, that's all that matters. However, it blows me away that you and others think this. If you've played and/or coached you'll know what happened with KM is very common and easy. More often than not a first time shot from a cross or cut back gets hit high, often over the bar. The more the player shooting is under pressure/avoiding a challenge the shot is rushed, so Kenny doesn't get over the ball in time. As a result he leans back, swings hard to get the shot off quickly, and balloons it high. What Storey did is hard, takes a special kind of talent, and was from a baw hair from scoring!!!

Anyway! I'd take either chance on Wednesday and expect to score!

Shinnie and Maynard both had easier chances than McLean. Nice finish from Storey, didn't hear what DM said of Storey, do share! If he stays at the club I'd actually like to see him given a shot, not inspired by Rooney, Stockley, and Maynard .

But McInnes said: “He’s here for now and he’s still in my plan but there’s three weeks left of the transfer window so we’ll see.

“The good thing about Miles is that he has been the ultimate professional.”