Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Golf Thread

On 08/08/2020 at 13:04, Donofanewera said:

Don’t agree with you there.

Have you been watching? What about the overnight leader at the par 5 just now? The whole green to work with and his pitch didn't even find the green.

Brilliant putt from just off but how often this week are we seeing the rough around the greens (and on approaches) making the best golfers look like amateurs?

On 08/08/2020 at 10:12, Donofanewera said:

Can’t see anyone stopping Brooks making history over the weekend.

It would be a hell of a win now but I hope it doesn't happen. You don't deserve to win majors leaving so many putts short. That one at 6 was disgustingly pussy, in total contrast to his disgustingly arrogant, disrespectful and dismissive words for his opponents both pre-tournament and last night.

Don't get me wrong, I have huge respect for his game, one of the very best in the modern era. I watched him and Tiger on the Thursday at this event last year. I think your prediction should've stopped after the first two words though.

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If you're not familiar, did you forget what Scotland's best golfer did to him in the Walker Cup or were you not interested in golf 3 years ago?

Why do you want a guy you don't know to win?

If the truth be told, i know very little about golf. I copied and pasted my study of Cameron Champ from a comment on You Tube. I wouldn't know him supposing I ran him over in a car purchased from yourself. 

1 minute ago, hercule poirot said:

If the truth be told, i know very little about golf. I copied and pasted my study of Cameron Champ from a comment on You Tube. I wouldn't know him supposing I ran him over in a car purchased from yourself. 

You don't say?

But why do you feel the need to pollute a thread about a subject you know fuck all about? What type of people do this?

There are some great posters on the hat but people who speak for the sake of it, people who make up shit, people who repeat shit, people who show great sickness in using wives and families in inappropriate references, people who are so retarded they are incapable of a grown-up exchange etc. etc., it would be very difficult not to be "above" them.

You've had your fun. It's time for you to fuck off back where you belong. 

On 08/08/2020 at 10:12, Donofanewera said:

Can’t see anyone stopping Brooks

Thanks to his interview last night, I backed Casey to beat him at 15/8. The golfing gods crucified Monty and they're crucifying Koepka today. The back 9 on Sunday is when the prize gets won. At this rate, Brooks isn't even in contention.

You got that one wrong mate. Hope you didn't lose too much on it. 

15 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You don't say?

But why do you feel the need to pollute a thread about a subject you know fuck all about? What type of people do this?

There are some great posters on the hat but people who speak for the sake of it, people who make up shit, people who repeat shit, people who show great sickness in using wives and families in inappropriate references, people who are so retarded they are incapable of a grown-up exchange etc. etc., it would be very difficult not to be "above" them.

You've had your fun. It's time for you to fuck off back where you belong. 

You got banned from the hat did you not?

1 minute ago, Donofanewera said:

You got banned from the hat did you not?

Many times but the last time, I banned myself by telling the wanker Bebo what I thought of him.

Whats that got to do with golf? What's your point?

If you cite something as "fact", would you care to show your source? Can you substantiate it in fact-checking terms? Or as you as infantile as others on another forum, lacking any integrity whatsoever?

11 minutes ago, Donofanewera said:

No as it’s fact not opinion 

What's a fact? That you can't see Brooks not winning?

And was it too difficult to give your view of what happened at the 1st? Or with DJ's pitch?

Your further post just came in. Nobody's disputing that club head speed helps in rough. This wasn't the debate. You said that getting the club head to the back of the ball wasn't as important. The data this week proves otherwise.