Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Golf Thread

Unlucky Don. Hope you didn't put too much on. You couldn't see anyone beating him but 29 golfers did.

Do you feel like a piglet being spit-roasted by the bookie often? If I was your bookie I would snap the head off a driver and stick the jagged edges of the broken graphite shaft right up your arse and through the vitreous humour of one of your eyes, which at least I would find humour in.

You and your mates need to learn not to make a cunt of yourselves on here. You'll get off with it with your fellow mutants, just making shit up to suit your sick selves. I didn't even make a prediction, unlike you. But any gluepot picking Scheffler given the data and evidence today is one stupid cunt. At least your pick had previous in this event but as I said to you, his disparaging words to his fellow competitors came back to bite his arse and the world of golf is delighted with how the golfing gods punished him, even though your imagination can't understand this concept.

Sleep well brothers.

11 hours ago, Donofanewera said:

what’s the point.

Good question. Thank you for raising it.

When we have migrants from the hat visiting, inevitably they take their habits and their histories with them.

Specifically they make shit up and repeat their shit. Within a week, one of you fabricated personal acquaintance with myself and my wife including references which wouldn't pass any taste or decency measure. Why would one do this, an inquiring mind might ask? To offend? Why would he want to offend a total stranger? And why would a patent untruth offend anyone? Only this morning - presumably annoyed at pissing good money away like all fools do and resentful for my getting lucky - he made up that my picks before the final round were "clueless" and yet, much as he would've liked this to be true, I didn't make any picks as everyone with half an ounce of attention-to-detail can see. Is he so stupid that he thinks what he says can negate the facts? Evidently, as one week of posting has proved beyond any reasonable doubt.

And you? You ask questions and as you find common courtesy and debating integrity on here, they get answered but ask you a question - or two very short ones as above - and you ignore it, like it will go away. We all see what you're made of. The written record doesn't lie.

There are two posters on the hat who I know personally, or should I say, former posters. They were former sponsors too but I see their banner ad has disappeared and presumably their cash. They've been my accountants since two decades ago and I know what they think of the declining standards of poster and posting over there. I'm amazed they kept on supporting you so long. Cunts like you need to accept your limitations in life and work hard to do something about it. I personally can't see a use for shit-heads with such poor attitudes but where Koepka has made money with a complete humility-bypass, you useless fuckers don't have that luxury, having been blessed with zero talent. Don't sit there in resentment for the talents of others. Get off your fat arses and do something productive. Maybe your mate drinks to forget but unlike the hat where one sad cunt posts pics of his "craft beers" every day and is celebrated as a functioning (soon not to be) alcoholic, the more discerning poster sees you thick cunts for what you are, losers.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Donofanewera said:

You’ve always been an idiot rocket, a small bitter man lost in is own false sense of worth.

you were widely regarded as the biggest clown in the hat and that takes some doing 

To be disregarded by the standard of poster that has polluted that forum, standards that you have maintained so sublimely in the last week, is a compliment indeed.

We feel and see your resentment in the real world as well as online, every single day of our lives. It was ever thus.

5 hours ago, BigAl said:

Let's not.

The choice is yours.

Al, what is the child wittering on about now? Is it really this thick or is it trying to be cryptic? It could be me undergoing a massive whoosh moment right enough but does this cunt EVER post anything worth reading? Take a referendum and vote to bin the piglet fuck. 

Did you guys post here for the sole purpose of baiting me? Rhetorical. The evidence is clear. And then ask yourself why? We can all learn from understanding WHY we do stuff.

Just read an article about Morikawa and his very beautiful girlfriend, herself an excellent golfer. As Raheem says in Do the Right Thing, hate ko'ed by love. I reckon he will become the best golfer in the world very soon and will win at least three times as many majors this decade as the next best. The fact he has the capacity for love - something that most sane people possess - and an admirable incapacity to hate is going to take him far in life, not just golf. I hate too much, not just the politicians but I despise people too, particularly the sick cunts who excel in ignorance and nastiness. The internet gives a platform to everyone, a good thing, but it showcases much ugliness too. It's easy to rid ourselves of negative sad cunts in the real world. I don't like sharing a forum with these cunts though.

Edited by rocket_scientist

Rocket, you have to learn to rationalise your negative cognitive thinking. Selective abstraction appears to be be your 'go to'  rationale at all times.

Self-centeredness and assuming the worst usually result in increasing levels of aggressive behaviour, a trait predominant in your posting style even when you put on a cheery front.

Egomaniacal posting styles have been been subjects of study by prominent psychologists and conclusions tend to indicate the poster, behind the the internet persona, can often be of low self-esteem.

This is not a dig at you, but you need your head looked at min. 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2020 at 22:57, hercule poirot said:

If the truth be told, i know very little about psychology. I copied and pasted my words from the internet.

You don't say?

I would ask for examples (of selective abstraction) or I would wish to explore where my intolerance comes from (of racists and others I consider "beyond the pale") but as the third of you says, "what's the point", without the requisite question mark. 

Rocket, you're happy with the status quo...so long as it's is on your terms.

You get attention because  anyone who's familiar with regular posters on any and all Aberdeen football forums know that poking you with a stick (in a jocular fashion) will always provoke an utterly predictable display of boorish aggression. It's the ultimate small man syndrome tendencies on display each an every time.

Footfall on this particular forum will likely increase with the rapid and inevitable decline of AFC Chat, so now's possibly the ideal time for you to seek help.

• Haha 1

Once again, I find myself confused. The "status quo on my terms" doesn't register as a thing, on a fitba forum, where words is the only currency and they get exchanged. But don't bother wasting your time explaining. It's just another example of a disconnect between us, much as your psychological counselling is touching. 

As is your interpretation of "jocular fashion". The other two also thought making a sick reference to my wife and fabricating that we were personally known to each other was ok, and presumably thought that this was provocation and would offend.

As is the evidence. There was no "predictable boorish aggression" in response. I just told him goodbye and have not addressed him since. I don't mix with these types of creeps in the real world and until a week and a half ago, I didn't deal with these sick fucks online either.

I'm interested to hear your views on why the hat will "decline rapidly and inevitably" however? This is new to me.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Donofanewera said:

Stay tuned rocket, lots planned for you 

I thought your surprise surprise was going to be outing me and/or my business like roberto got up to on the hat? Instead, was the plan to get your muckers to offer me these valuable nuggets and pearls of wisdom to help my mental health and make me a better person and a more valuable member of society?

• Confused 1

Horsfield this morning posted 64 including 2 x 6's, the second one a triple at 17 so he took twice as many shots at that par 3 than he did at the next, eagle at the par 5 last.

In November 2018 I was presenting to all the coaches in England and in response to the question of who to look out for to make the next impression on the European Tour, I said I really liked Sam Horsfield and Aaron Rai. I kept it English (good politics) and the latter won early in 2019 but Sam is the real deal. I prequalified my answer by acknowledging that predictions in golf is notoriously difficult (but great fun to do) so here's my latest; by the end of this decade, Morikawa will have won more of the 39 majors than any other golfer. I'll go further, he will win 3 x more than the 2nd or tied 2nd best.

From Scotland, Bob MacIntyre and Connor Syme the next to kick on, very different golfers but great talents. Hope Craig Howie and Euan Walker can step up. Can't see anything in the UK amateur game just now that are good enough to break through in 2021 or 2022 even with Ruben Lindsay and Conor Cough being the best prospects from Scotland and England respectively (but too young just now and lots to learn).