Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup 5th Round V Ross County

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Scottish cup,wish we could regain some of the old fervour for it.

Its a tasty looking tie,though our record up there is a bit grim.Thoughts on the line up? Wasnt at the game on Saturday,but did Stockley do enough to start? Drop Stockley and Rooney,and run at them with Storey? Any other changes to deal with County/

I'd give Christie a go, he sounds like he's definitely up for it and we need all the help we can get.  Hopefully Hayes and McGinn remember how to play again too.  I'd be tempted to give Storey a shot too, given they played together at Caley and that seemed to go ok.

I hate the term but to not play Christie is a no-brainer.

Btw does anyone think we will lose?

No way will Rooney ve dropped. If we lost DM wud take huge pelters

Lets get this cup game in the bag and then for the next few games id like to see wright and ross and oconnor get plenty game time

I hope we don't lose. On the other hand this is exactly the type of banana skin cup tie we have made a regular habit of losing over the past 20 odd years.

Rooney has done nothing to warrant his place at all this season. When we win its generally in spite of him rather than because of anything fantastic he's done. Time to give Stockley a run of games.

Overall if I was offered a draw and chance to get this tie back to Pittodrie I'd jump at it.

Rooney has done nothing to warrant his place at all this season. When we win its generally in spite of him rather than because of anything fantastic he's done. Time to give Stockley a run of games.

Not sure you can call 13 goals doing nothing to warrant his place. Most of the games I have seen Stockley in he has looked pretty poor. Even less of a footballer than Rooney.

Rooney might not be banging them in but he always causes defences problems, his link up play against dundee was superb.  Not saying i wouldn't consider starting Stockley but Rooney has scored a fair few against County in his time.  I would defo start him.

I quite fancy us going into this game, if we can handle thistle physically we can handle county.  A lot of negativity about Victoria park but don't forget we cam back and won there with ten men for most of the game not so long ago.  I really quite like Victoria park actually, i think it's a great wee stadium and you can get a pretty decent atmosphere.  I'm sadly on call this weekend but if the phone stays quiet I might pop through and see if i can get a ticket.

0-3 Rooney Hayes and Christie just to really rub county's nose in it.

I expect a similar challenge to last week, facing a well organised, dangerous opposition, more than capable of beating us on their day if they all play well. But I hope and expect us to be our usual professional selves and get the result we all want and need. No doubt about it though, it's going to be a nervy occasion.

Same team from the start please, the impact the subs made last week can only have a positive effect on the original starting 11 I think.