Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cooking up a storm

MálagaSheep

Speaking about Steaks, you boys must try skirt steak, i rember when i used to go to butchers back home and ask for skirt they never sold it or would never keep it,

2is7d6f.jpg

Skirt at top, remove the skin/membrane and trim some of the fat, cut into 4 inch siizes,marinate in what ever you want, balsamic vinegar is great. Fry or grill to however u want, season as you're cooking,slightly longer is better for this steak and leave to rest. Cut into slithers against the grain and enjoy

27y07fa.jpg

Cheap and cheerful steak is best, once u try it you will be hooked!

All cheap cuts like flank, iron and skirt are great!

Ps couldn't be arsed looking back if i have said this before.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking about Steaks, you boys must try skirt steak, i rember when i used to go to butchers back home and ask for skirt they never sold it or would never keep it,

I'm going to Hattoncrook deli later on so I will ask them if they can get some in. Love that place.

Photos look great so I'll have to give it a go. 

Also the sea fishing season is just starting again and booked out on the boat on the 29th so hopefully catch enough to give my fish pie another go. Photos to follow (hopefully)

2is7d6f.jpg

Skirt at top, remove the skin/membrane and trim some of the fat, cut into 4 inch siizes,marinate in what ever you want, balsamic vinegar is great. Fry or grill to however u want, season as you're cooking,slightly longer is better for this steak and leave to rest. Cut into slithers against the grain and enjoy

27y07fa.jpg

Cheap and cheerful steak is best, once u try it you will be hooked!

All cheap cuts like flank, iron and skirt are great!

Ps couldn't be arsed looking back if i have said this before.

I've had skirt steak before, delicious stuff!  :thumbsup:

Tates far better than my photo looks  :thumbsup:

Bread , sesame,& sunflower seed ,dipped in eggs with chives. Filling layer of Mozzarella layer Chicken layer Mozzarella

Layer of bacon , layer of Mozzarella. Done in frying pan ,3 min each side little veggie oil  giant mug of  double teabag , tea

1zxsl1j.jpg

Made a pot o soup last night. Mainly just stuff that was laying about. parsnips, carrots, herbs, garlic, a mixture of green and yellow split peas and ham stock. Simmered for 45 minutes and then into the blender. Salt and pepper. Was nae bad. It's nae much to look at mind you so I didn't go to the measure of trying to photograph it funnily enough.

That looks brilliant.  We should celebrate meat more often. 

Mallaga, I asked the folk at the deli about your skirt steak.  They told me to ask if it is called skirt steak in this country as there are different names for it.  She was on about a marinaded brisket or something.  I got confused, grabbed my rib-eye and came home  :dunno:

Its a brilliant festival, different countries of the world, set up there food and beers and drink, dance and music. it starts at 2pm and finishes at 6am and runs for 4days, was going to head back doon tonight but it's absolutely pishing doon here so it will be a wash out! Which is a shame. Sunday is meant to clear up so hopefully get back doon then for the final day.

Its definitely skirt steak mondo, its called entraña here, when i used to ask for it at home no butcher kept it as only one cut comes from the beast and its cheap and never used or sold. my mam used to peel back the skin and fill it with meallie and sew it back together to make like beef olives!

But its a fantastic cut to throw on the bbq or grill!

107v2pf.jpg

This is what it looks like mondo min!

Its a brilliant festival, different countries of the world, set up there food and beers and drink, dance and music. it starts at 2pm and finishes at 6am and runs for 4days, was going to head back doon tonight but it's absolutely pishing doon here so it will be a wash out! Which is a shame. Sunday is meant to clear up so hopefully get back doon then for the final day.

Its definitely skirt steak mondo, its called entraña here, when i used to ask for it at home no butcher kept it as only one cut comes from the beast and its cheap and never used or sold. my mam used to peel back the skin and fill it with meallie and sew it back together to make like beef olives!

But its a fantastic cut to throw on the bbq or grill!

107v2pf.jpg

This is what it looks like mondo min!

Cheers Mallaga, I'll be back to the deli next weekend so I will speak to the wifie again.  I think she knows what I mean but she wasn't sure if they can get it from their own livestock or would have to source it from else where.  I'll make do with my rib-eye for noo  :thumbsup:

Festival sounds fantastic, I always hear of stuff like that in other countries and always wonder why we can't do something similar here.  Imagine the paperwork you would need to fill out.  Health and safety, food prep hygiene certificate, music license.... till 6am??  :o :o One chance and that is no chance.  No wonder you flitted.

That looks brilliant.  We should celebrate meat more often. 

Mallaga, I asked the folk at the deli about your skirt steak.  They told me to ask if it is called skirt steak in this country as there are different names for it.  She was on about a marinaded brisket or something.  I got confused, grabbed my rib-eye and came home  :dunno:

Definitely called skirt in this country too. I've bought it before and know of another who buys it regularly. Your butcher must just be a spastic.