Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News

Guest Robo

I've gone from quietly confident to confident on them all, although i've said that with other players and they left

Saw this tagged onto the end of the match report in the sun this morning, sounds promising but it could quite easily be JC trying to cover his back!

I have to admit i've still got a good feeling about the players signing new deals, it may be because im still half cut though!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be particularly pissed off if Diamond goes.

He was atrocious last season, and was very much a bit-part player until a few months ago.

But we stuck by him, and how he's having a good season and we've offered him a contract.  It would be nice to see some loyalty from a player now and again!

agreed.

the same could be said about Nicholson. he was posted missing at the beginning of his time at pittodrie. some would say he has been back to this in the last few games

ANY of our players sign for Notts Forest/Wolves/Preston they can go and disappear into the anonymity that is the Championship.

Hope you enjoyed your Euro run you bunch of cunts, now fuck off.

Name me one player in recent years, who has moved on to bigger and better things after leaving AFC for more money?

The best player we have had for 10 years left and (despite injury problems I grant you) is/was well out of the first team at a very very pish English Premiership club. Have a fucking think about that Calderwood/ Diamond/Nicholson/Hart.

Better? Moaning faced Aberdonian cunt.

ANY of our players sign for Notts Forest/Wolves/Preston they can go and disappear into the anonymity that is the Championship.

Hope you enjoyed your Euro run you bunch of cunts, now fuck off.

Name me one player in recent years, who has moved on to bigger and better things after leaving AFC for more money?

The best player we have had for 10 years left and (despite injury problems I grant you) is/was well out of the first team at a very very pish English Premiership club. Have a fucking think about that Diamond/Nicholson/Hart.

dinnae forget JC in that rant

Guest Shabba Ranks

SELL SELL SELL

I agree.  Hart and Clark can be replaced methinks, but Nicholson and Diamond are arguably our two most important players just now and will be a huge loss if they go.

eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk

http://www.jamboskickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60736

Today, 08:52      #1

upthehill

Neo-Conservative

vCash: 25

Default Barry Nicholson - Signed

Barry Nicholson has agreed terms with us. The clubs are trying to agree a fee now. My source is Barry Nicholson.

Guest Nellie The Don

Awwww please no.  If he's going, I hope to feck it's to a club outwith the Spl, couldn't handle it if he signed for those minks.

Like Hearts 2008/09. First Division Champions.  :thumbsup:

Guest Shabba Ranks

Oh FFS.

Can they not just stick to their friggin' deadlines...  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7174724.stm

Dons promise answers on Tuesday 

Aberdeen have called a Tuesday media conference amid growing speculation concerning the future of manager Jimmy Calderwood and several key players.

Like many of his first team regulars, Calderwood is out of contract at the end of the season.

Calderwood has been discussing a new deal, while a Monday deadline was set for a quartet of players.

Zander Diamond, Michael Hart, Chris Clark and Barry Nicholson are all considering contract extensions.

The players are free to negotiate with other clubs and director of football Willie Miller told BBC Sport that Aberdeen had made the best offers possible.

He also revealed that Plymouth boss Paul Sturrock had made an enquiry about one of the four but had not tabled an offer.

Update report from BBC Scotland website:

Dons duo set for Pittodrie exit 

Nicholson and Hart are set for the Pittodrie exit

Barry Nicholson and Michael Hart will not sign the new deals Aberdeen have offered them, BBC Scotland understands.

Both players - along with Zander Diamond and Chris Clark - are out of contract at the end of the season and had all been set a Monday deadline.

The Dons have called a Tuesday media conference amid growing speculation concerning the future of manager Jimmy Calderwood as well as that quartet.

The players are free to negotiate with other clubs.

Aberdeen director of football Willie Miller told BBC Sport that the club had made the best offers possible.

He also revealed that Plymouth boss Paul Sturrock had made an enquiry about one of the four but had not tabled an offer.

Calderwood's future has been under scrutiny for some time and the club would only say that talks with the former Dunfermline manager are on-going and reasonably positive.

"Nothing is certain," Calderwood told the P&J. "My own contract situation is no nearer to being resolved and we are not that far down the road.

"The situation is I am waiting for the club to get back to me.

"But it is wrong for people to jump to a conclusion where negotiations with the players and the club, and my own talks about a new contract, are linked."

The club aim to keep Calderwood at the helm and managing director Duncan Fraser said: "If Jimmy is on the verge of quitting I've not been made aware of it.

"An offer is on the table and it is now a case of whether the manager will accept it or not."

The thing that gets me is that Aberdeen seem to be a club going places in the SPL.  This would mean that the players fancy a pop at big bucks down south OR the manager is offski and they plan to follow him there.

As far as I'm concerned there's just no sense in them going to another SPL club outwith the O.F. and above all, Chris Clark just doesn't appear to be someone with the bottle to turn down a contract at Aberdeen unless he had something set in stone elsewhere.

Guess we find out tomorrow.

Guest Shabba Ranks

If Diamond had any sense he'd stay for another 2 years at least.

I can sort of understand Nicholson leaving, given his age.  A 3-4 year contract on a decent wage will set him up for life.  He's popular with the fans, so don't think anyone will begrudge him his move if he really wants it.  Just remember the way he celebrated when he got the equaliser at Tynecastle last year, he loves this club.  :thumbsup:

Hart is a tricky one, he was fantastic last season but hasn't reproduced that form often enough this year.  I think he could be replaced easily enough.  What's the latest news with Alves at Sevilla?  ::)

I think Chris Clark is sh*te and would be happy to see the back of him to be brutally honest.  Let's replace him with a midfielder that can actually kick a ball properly.

By the by, the rumour round the corridors of Pittodrie are that JC knows where he's going, and he's taking the 4 with him.  All theories of course, no substance to it.

I can sort of understand Nicholson leaving, given his age.  A 3-4 year contract on a decent wage will set him up for life.  He's popular with the fans, so don't think anyone will begrudge him his move if he really wants it.  Just remember the way he celebrated when he got the equaliser at Tynecastle last year, he loves this club.  :thumbsup:

If he goes to Hearts then he can fuck right off.  He'll get pelters every time we play them.