Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer News

Guest Robo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just play Devil`s Advocaat here.  If what Robbo is saying is true then I personally wouldn`t miss Chris Clark (must be the most overrated Aberdeen player in history!) and Stevie Lovell as much as I like him hasn`t done it enough to warrant an improved contract.

Of course losing Mickey Hart, Seve and Baz Nic would be a massive blow and even now can`t see where they`d go to better their chances of winning some silverware in their career but we`d ssurvive like we always have.  Let`s say Hart does go to Celtic is that really showing any ambition?  Going to The Old Firm to sit on the bench and get the odd game against lower league teams in the Cups ain`t my idea of a wonderful time playing football.  Yes I know it`s all about money but what is annoying me most if the rumour mill is to be believed is that these players mentioned amognst others have built something good over the past three to four years and in all honesty can`t say they`ve been a success until they`ve won something together yet are all too happy to dismantle the good work by JC and let the fans down when it suits them.

I love the club to pieces but we are never going to go anywhere if we don`t have a sustained period of stability.  Surely having to start from scratch every five years or so is something those at the top of the club realise will delay the progress of the operation in making us a force to be reckoned with again?

Take Care!

SeeBass 

Can I just play Devil`s Advocaat here.  If what Robbo is saying is true then I personally wouldn`t miss Chris Clark (must be the most overrated Aberdeen player in history!) and Stevie Lovell as much as I like him hasn`t done it enough to warrant an improved contract.

Of course losing Mickey Hart, Seve and Baz Nic would be a massive blow and even now can`t see where they`d go to better their chances of winning some silverware in their career but we`d ssurvive like we always have.  Let`s say Hart does go to Celtic is that really showing any ambition?  Going to The Old Firm to sit on the bench and get the odd game against lower league teams in the Cups ain`t my idea of a wonderful time playing football.  Yes I know it`s all about money but what is annoying me most if the rumour mill is to be believed is that these players mentioned amognst others have built something good over the past three to four years and in all honesty can`t say they`ve been a success until they`ve won something together yet are all too happy to dismantle the good work by JC and let the fans down when it suits them.

I love the club to pieces but we are never going to go anywhere if we don`t have a sustained period of stability.  Surely having to start from scratch every five years or so is something those at the top of the club realise will delay the progress of the operation in making us a force to be reckoned with again?

Take Care!

SeeBass 

unfortunately money talks nowadays (fuckin guffs and sky tv) and there aren't many players out there who want to win thing instead of going for the coin

Robos source is a coach whos a friend of a lad he knows? Theres too many friends of a friend there. If it was a direct source then fine. Might as well be a friend of an uncles dog. I dont believe any of it.

Im not going to make any comment on this transfer rumour until I actually get back to Aberdeen. However, quite a few folk have people they know who work at the club. I for one wouldnt reveal a source on a public site and perhaps Robo's coach whos a friend of a lad he knows is the boy covering for his.

Im not going to make any comment on this transfer rumour until I actually get back to Aberdeen. However, quite a few folk have people they know who work at the club. I for one wouldnt reveal a source on a public site and perhaps Robo's coach whos a friend of a lad he knows is the boy covering for his.

That made little sense to me... ???

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Well we'll see, was speaking to a girl in my HR department who knows Michael Hart, and Hart leaving has been on the cards for sometime. Wait and see. If I get 3 out of the 5 correct then I'll be happy.......but I believe that all 5 will leave because the sauce has never been known as a liar.

Well, it's as good as a done deal then...  ::)

Don't shoot the messenger, and I can't reveal how I know all this but the source is a coach for Aberdeen and he's very good friends with a lad I know...........

Hart, Nicholson, Clark, Severin and Lovell all leaving the club

Diamond and langfield are signing new contracts

Hart has apparently been offered more money by 3 other SPL clubs (Motherwell, Hibs and another) plus english clubs, he is going in Jan and our offer is the same as he is getting before no increase

Surprised about Barry Nic tho, thought he would stay, we need to get players in!!

Well on todays performance I'll only be disappointed in losing Barry.

I'd also be a wee bit upset to lose Hart, but he too has been pish too often this season.

As for Clark, Seve and Lovell really believe they are gonna get a better deal at a better club they are as deluded as they are useless.

If they don't want to sign, get rid, we won't miss them

Interview with Nicholson in the EE today, saying he wants to sign a new three year contract.  A few things to be ironed out but "if the contract is right I will sign it".  Says he's thoroughly enjoying playing in the UEFA cup with the Dons.

Is this a direct quote from him that is reported  ???

Interview with Nicholson in the EE today, saying he wants to sign a new three year contract.  A few things to be ironed out but "if the contract is right I will sign it".  Says he's thoroughly enjoying playing in the UEFA cup with the Dons.

That could still mean that one of the things to be ironed out is the money. Only a fool would say with 6 months to go that he wants to leave as it would guarantee abuse from the fans for the remainder of the contract. I am quite sure that the same article more or less appeared for both McNaughton and Anderson in the past couple of years.

It's basically the waiting game, for him, the club and the fans.

The club are waiting for him to accept their offer.  He's waiting to see if anyone else comes in with a better one.  The fans are waiting for him to sign.

He'll only be able to string the club along for a certain amount of time before they want an answer and he's not going to piss them off by stalling all through the transfer window.

But you can bet he'll only sign the minute it looks like there are no other interested parties.

It's just good business sense and as we're not in the position to make offers that players can't refuse, we just have to get used to it.