Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News

Guest Robo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It pains me tae say this but at the end of the day if they dont want to play for Aberdeen and would rather swan off to fucking PRESTON ???? ......get them tae fuck , if their hearts no in it , theyre doing themselves and Aberdeen no justice , im sick tae the back teeth of picking up the newspapers and reading about deadlines for decisions . -Willie Miller " so chris a see yer still dragging her heels over the offer weve offered ye . -Chris Clark " eh , well ye see mmm eh im hangin oot for a better off....." -Willie Miller " dont let the door hit yer arse on the way oot,  oh and by the way , take they other cunts with ye tae , ta ta "

Holding Aberdeen tae ransom ? ....fuck aff !

I'll be gutted if Nicholson goes, whether it's now or the end of the season.  He'll be the hardest to replace in my opinion, and the club should be pushing the boat out to keep him.   :(

I also think Zander must be getting some bad advice, he has the potential to become a real hero with the dons fans and could go on to be a modern day Alex McLiesh.  Is Billy McNeil still his agent?

Hart and Clark can nob off to England for a couple of seasons if they like, as said above both will end up playing Scottish Division 1 football eventually.  Ta ta.  :wave:

One thing's for sure, AFC will keep on truckin' regardless of these lads lack of commitment.

I agree with all of this.

And Hart is in no way irreplaceable.  He is a very average player.  Good defender but an average full back who creates nothing once he crosses the halfway line.  Every team in the SPL has a Michael Hart.  If McNamara can get fit and stay fit, we have a ready-made replacement in the short-term.

Clark offers absolutely nothing to the team.  I've stuck up for him often in the recent past but the more time wears on we can all see that he just doesn't have it in him to be a consistent SPL player.

And to be completely honest, although I'd prefer to see Zander stay, he's still nowhere near the finished article yet and his decision making still leaves alot to be desired.  Considine kept him out all of last season and if he can recapture that form then I'm not particularly convinced we'd be losing the "better" player.  Diamond's progress has kind of faltered and we've seen central defenders in other teams like Darren Barr and Mark Reynolds move ahead of him as far as reaching the fringes of the Scotland side are concerned.

Nicholson will be the biggest miss.  Probably the most technically gifted player we have.  But again, there's nothing to say we can't bring someone else in of a similar standard.

Never say never.  AFC are bigger and more important than a handful of players who feel that they can further their careers in the English lower leagues.

It pains me tae say this but at the end of the day if they dont want to play for Aberdeen and would rather swan off to fucking PRESTON ???? ......get them tae fuck , if their hearts no in it , theyre doing themselves and Aberdeen no justice , im sick tae the back teeth of picking up the newspapers and reading about deadlines for decisions . -Willie Miller " so chris a see yer still dragging her heels over the offer weve offered ye . -Chris Clark " eh , well ye see mmm eh im hangin oot for a better off....." -Willie Miller " dont let the door hit yer arse on the way oot,  oh and by the way , take they other cunts with ye tae , ta ta "

Holding Aberdeen tae ransom ? ....fuck aff !

problem is it is hard to say to the players, "sign or get tae fuck" when the manager doesn't have the commitment to sign his own contract, presumably, much like the players, as he is awaiting a call from England while being deluded about his market value

problem is it is hard to say to the players, "sign or get tae fuck" when the manager doesn't have the commitment to sign his own contract, presumably, much like the players, as he is awaiting a call from England while being deluded about his market value

Exactly as i've said a number of times, so totally agree with you GS. If you have a chief that doesn't commit, then can you really expect the indians to do so.

Calderwood is and remains the key to all of this.

Alright lads i've jumped ship(hope i'm welcome)!!

As far as JC goes the big day for him is the morn if i mind right. A meeting with him, milne and willie on how far the club is willing to go. To be fair to JC there is only so much he can do now in terms of quality of signings he can capture with the current budget.

I remember him mentioning how he hopes to get younger players of a decent quality. I'm guesing ones we can nurture from youth level and onwards. There does seem to be a severe lack of numbers for the youth squad so heres hopin there is a huge investment in this area.

At the end of the day we're a selling club and need to be with the current debt. So investment in the youth policy is something that needs to be done so we can put decent players on the park and also make decent turnover etc.

I know this is a total "my mate's mate told him" so I don't even know if I believe it, but apparently Zander was at Parkhead today for some kind of meeting or medical.

Like I say I'm not sure about it but just passing on what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger  :thumbsup:

Where's my bow and arrow....................

Some speculation on footymad that Hart and Nicholson are off to Preston and might go for a fee ? Saying that Clark is leaving as he hasn't been offered any extra in his new deal. Just need to get this done and move on, the weeks of speculation are twisting my melons something awful >:D

So Zander is staying? Makes sense as he is the one that has been coming out with the quotes.  Why put him up for interview and say things like "we'll see how the fans react" if he is going?

I imagine he thinks the fans response will be "one zander diamond" while clark gets torn to shreds.

If Clark is leaving and still plays the abuse will be monumental, yet everyone of us will be glad he is leaving.  Will Barry Nic get the same level of stick?

So Zander is staying? Makes sense as he is the one that has been coming out with the quotes.  Why put him up for interview and say things like "we'll see how the fans react" if he is going?

I imagine he thinks the fans response will be "one zander diamond" while clark gets torn to shreds.

If Clark is leaving and still plays the abuse will be monumental, yet everyone of us will be glad he is leaving.  Will Barry Nic get the same level of stick?

Unfortunately I suspect any player leaving us will get dogs abuse. Its just the way of these things. Personally I don't really blame these guys for wanting to better themselves financially although I question their sense of balance between getting more money and getting proper first team experience. For a guy like Nicholson you can see why he might want one last chance at a big pay packet, can you really fault him for that ? I certainly won't be booing anyone. If ZD decides to stay I will very much be cheering him though.  :thumbsup:

I may have misread something here, but I assume that quote of his (how players/fans react) was moreso directed at whether or not JC is signing a new contract, as opposed to the players???  Ie, it always seems to have hinged on his future as to whether or not the players re-sign.

JC iskey to the whole thing here.

If he stays I expect Diamond and definitely Barry Nic to stay. Hart I beleive will go and Clark as I've said elesewhere has to leave Aberdeen.

If however Calderwood isn't commiting to a new contract, then we undoubtedly have a major problem facing us, as he shouldn't be given a penny of our limited funds to sign a single player. Having said that, what type of player, other then a desperate one without a deal elsewhere is going to jump ship and come to Pittodrie in the knowledge that they guy that wants to sign him is demonstrating no commitment to the cause himself.

Think we're heading into an interesting couple of days at AFC.

If however Calderwood isn't commiting to a new contract, then we undoubtedly have a major problem facing us, as he shouldn't be given a penny of our limited funds to sign a single player.

In a similar vein, if Calderwood wont sign a new contract under the terms offered to him and the board aren't willing to meet him in the middle, I believe he should leave now rather than string everyone along for the rest of the season, just as when Ebbe disclosed he would be leaving, so we can get to work on getting a new man in.

In a Capslock stylie:

LOAD

OF

PISH

Still think I'm talking pish?

In a similar vein, if Calderwood wont sign a new contract under the terms offered to him and the board aren't willing to meet him in the middle, I believe he should leave now rather than string everyone along for the rest of the season, just as when Ebbe disclosed he would be leaving, so we can get to work on getting a new man in.

The thing is Calderwood ain't going to leave now however without a new job, as apart from anything else he'll be wanting to hog the media spotlight surrounding our Munich ties and League Cup semi final in the hope of enhancing his reputation  

The thing is Calderwood ain't going to leave now however without a new job, as apart from anything else he'll be wanting to hog the media spotlight surrounding our Munich ties and League Cup semi final in the hope of enhancing his reputation  

Some might cynically say his own imaginary reputation ;)

I'll re-phrase that slightly:  He shoudn't be given the option to "resign" (that's resign, not re-sign), ie he should be sacked if he wont commit to a new contract.

I'll re-phrase that slightly:  He shoudn't be given the option to "resign" (that's resign, not re-sign), ie he should be sacked if he wont commit to a new contract.

Crikey, and to think I thought I was taking a hard line stance here ;)

SELL SELL SELL

Take the money,

Canna get the link to work so here is what is said.

----------------------------------

PLYMOUTH manager Paul Sturrock has tabled a six-figure bid to lure Michael Hart and Chris Clark away from Aberdeen.

But the Scot faces competition from Preston North End with the Championship strugglers tabling an offer for full-back Hart.

The moves will test the nerve of Dons director of football Willie Miller, who has set contract rebels Hart, Clark, Zander Diamond and Barry Nicholson a deadline of today to sign new deals.

All four players have rejected the improved offers and Miller must decide if he should cash in on Hart and Clark now or lose the pair for nothing in the summer.

Boss Jimmy Calderwood will be keen to keep the players with the Dons still challenging on four fronts this season.

But with club debts running at around £13million it is unlikely that Miller could afford to turn down any serious bids.

Clark, who would be in line for a testimonial after 10 years at Pittodrie, has indicated his willingness to remain if his terms are improved.

However, Miller has already stated the latest offers are final and any extra money will be spent on bringing in new players this month.

Diamond is wanted by Wolves, Leicester City and Nottingham Forest while Nicholson is also on Preston's list of targets.

The possible break-up of the team is a grim scenario for Dons fans with the Scottish and CIS Cups and Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup to be contested in the coming weeks.

Each player is a key member of the team built by Calderwood and it is unlikely the manager will get a sufficient budget to sign* suitable replacements this month if any of the quartet ends up leaving the club.

I'll be particularly pissed off if Diamond goes.

He was atrocious last season, and was very much a bit-part player until a few months ago.

But we stuck by him, and how he's having a good season and we've offered him a contract.  It would be nice to see some loyalty from a player now and again!