Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer News

Guest Robo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know calling the Daily express a newspaper is a stretching the boundaries somewhat, but i just saw the back page of it in the office this morning and it says thet Michael Hart is off to Celtic.

Bollocks. :hammer:

Cheap journalism and copied straight fae here ???

Nae quotes I note ;)

Would we get a fee for Hart?  If so, I'd hope we would try to do a deal that involved Derek Riorden.  If Jackie MacNamara is fit we should play him at right back, and I don't think Hart would be too badly missed.

Losing Nicholson would be a real blow, hope that one gets sorted out.

Aye, like i said i just saw the back page - never read the story properly.

Think i was just surprised they found the space to sqeeze in a football story inbetween the Diana "inquest" and the latest round of "Where's Madeline Mccann"... ::)

Wasn't having a pop Drew.... honest ;)

Just highlighting the lack of quotes for them to back it up mate.

Eh? Jackie Mac inplace of Hart? When do you reckon he's getting off the treatment table?

As for Riorden, I wouldn't want him here. He's a jakey prick who's got an attitude the size of Stevie Fulton's gut. Thinks he's bigger than he really is! No thanks. We had Darren Mackie doing that to us a few years ago. He grew up, though, and now realises he ain't such a big fish and Aberdeen ain't such a small pond!

I can't see a comparison between Mackie and Riorden, Mackie's done ok for us over the years, but Riorden scores for fun and would easily be a 20 a season striker if he was playing every week.

What's wrong with Jackie?  Thought it was only a hamstring or something?  Michael Hart's been disappointing for me this season, good player but off form at the moment.  See also Scott Severin.

Even if it turns out to be true, the only one of them I'd miss would be Barry Nic and let's be honest here, he is a very talented player and it would be no surprise that other teams were interested in him.  But unless he's chasing the money, he probably wont play for a better team unless the Old Firm cone calling and Championship football would only set him backwards.

JIMMY'S WARNING TO REDS REBELS

12:00 - 14 December 2007

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood today warned his contract rebels they won't be allowed to leave on the cheap in January.

Calderwood confirmed there has been no approach for Michael Hart from Celtic, despite newspaper reports today claiming the defender is on Hoops manager Gordon Strachan's most wanted list.

The Aberdeen manager remains confident Hart, Barry Nicholson, Zander Diamond, Jamie Langfield and Chris Clark will accept the new contracts offered to them.

But if they don't they can forget thoughts of securing cut-price deals to other clubs when the UEFA transfer window re-opens.

Calderwood said: "They are under contract, so we are the ones who will decide what is happening.

"The players will only have the final say in the summer.

"I'm confident all five will stay though.

"I've always felt that way, but there is always a chance something can happen to change things.

"I hope not because we need all five of them.

"But if the worst happens then we will have tough decisions to make because we have a lot of big games ahead in the new year.

"I would rather keep the team together to give us more hope of success.

"Hart going to Celtic is just newspaper talk, they haven't spoken to us.

"But we anticipated that sort of stuff happening until the players actually sign their contracts.

"What I can say is if we got an offer for a player it would have to be good enough to let us take in someone else of equal quality.

"If not, then we may as well keep the player here to make sure we have a chance of enjoying success in the second half of the season.

"It's all hypothetical at this stage though and I hope we don't need to make any decisions of that sort."

Guest Nellie The Don

Its nice to see people passing judgement already.

I'll take the humble pie out at the end of January lads, or in the Summer when this happens......

I think there should be some kind of forfeit applied if it turns out you're full of shit. ;)