Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Scottish League Cup Fourth Round

mizer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two previous League Cup QFs v Well:

08 Nov 2005 alt=Watch Highlights on RedTV (Subscripthttp://www.afcheritage.org/javaImages/67/c6/0,,10284%7E6276711,00.gif[/img]

Motherwell

1 - 0 Aberdeen League Cup QF

20 Sep 1995

Motherwell

1 - 2 Aberdeen League Cup QF

I remember sitting in an New Zealand interent cafe listening to that last one.

Shite game made even more shite with Jamie Smith missing a Penalty. The only good thing was a glitch in the Cafe's system so although the computer had logged off the audio was still coming through the headphones meaning i got to listen to most of the 2nd half for free.

I recall the 1995 one too as I was sent into a panic to find out Snelders wasnt in goal as is wife had gone into labour about 2hrs before kick off.

My faith in Michael Watt diminished further when well scored first. MIssed the equaliser as MW coverage in the highlands was (and still is shocking) but managed to tune in for Inglis winner.

Still think Billy Dodds's equaliser should have been voted goal of the tournament

Can't even remember it.  :-[ Actually the memory that sticks with me most from that day was the fear that I had because Snelders wasn't in goals and I didn't like Michael Watt. I seem to remember being annoyed because it took Snelders ages to come back.

Just had a look on Youtube for the goal but no such luck. Can anyone describe it to me in painstaking detail a nut shell?

EDIT: Found it. Cracking goal indeed.

Can't even remember it.  :-[ Actually the memory that sticks with me most from that day was the fear that I had because Snelders wasn't in goals and I didn't like Michael Watt. I seem to remember being annoyed because it took Snelders ages to come back.

Theo wasn't in goals that night as Mrs Theo went into labour that day. Theo said he wasn't playing, Aitken told him he was, Theo told him to ram it.  The other players were in full support of Theo which Aitken didn't like, and then for ages after that Watt was getting picked. Theo then left for the dark side, to sit on their bench as opposed to ours. 

Waste of a great keeper, and just one example of why Aitken was a terrible manager overall.