Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Dunfermline vs Dons

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning ugly, I love it. Was difficult draw for us so pleased we got there in the end.

Huns at home next please.

So, Vernon and McGinn to start Saturday I hope.

Definitely, though I'm sure Brown will revert to type by the weekend.

This is a quote from a hun mate of mine:

Gotta love the romance of the cup, the triumph of the loveable division 3 underdog against the hated monolithic might of the league leaders, truly its the most inspiring sight in modern day football!

We were brutal. Didn't look like a team all night and only began to function semi properly when Andrson moved to centre half. 

Brown's selection and tactics were horrendous.

Langfield, despite some good saves still does not command his area and this is still a massive problem.

Mcginn has not impressed me at all since signing. Our midfield looks devoid of imagination, drive and passing range without Hughes and Jack. Osbourne was way off the pace and i think he's better at rb where he's coming on to the play.

Thank fuck we're through but if Brown doesnt get his act together it'll be a fucking long season.

P.S  Jason Brown -fuck off. You're taking the cunt out the whole club. For anyone who never saw it he was faking to do a warm up when sent out by the bench. Disgusting behaviour for a pro.

Agree with most of what you say Bobby.

Thought we were pretty woeful for the majority of the game.

Neither Osbourne or Robertson looked fit.

Langfield had an outstanding game and kept us in it.

Good to see Smith start and play the whole game, looked eager to impress and certainly not out of his depth

Clark actually had a half decent game......well one decent half the second one

Far from impressed with McGinn, looked totally disinterested and way off the pace.

Jason Brown.......ffs I put more effort into warming up before I step on the first tee.

All told, not great, but we are in the last eight and don't exactly have a particularily good record recently against teams from Fife ::)

We were brutal. Didn't look like a team all night and only began to function semi properly when Andrson moved to centre half. 

Brown's selection and tactics were horrendous.

Langfield, despite some good saves still does not command his area and this is still a massive problem.

Mcginn has not impressed me at all since signing. Our midfield looks devoid of imagination, drive and passing range without Hughes and Jack. Osbourne was way off the pace and i think he's better at rb where he's coming on to the play.

Thank fuck we're through but if Brown doesnt get his act together it'll be a fucking long season.

P.S  Jason Brown -fuck off. You're taking the cunt out the whole club. For anyone who never saw it he was faking to do a warm up when sent out by the bench. Disgusting behaviour for a pro.

Absolutely. I was fucking enraged with that. It wasn't much better at half time. The horrible fucking smirk on his face was equally horrible. I had sympathy for him when he was dropped because he didn't deserve that at the time but that behaviour was disrespectful to the club and everyone associated with the club. Fuck off you lazy cunt.

MBT got it spot on when he said Floodlit robbery. Because that's what it was. We waited until the 90th minute to play. Anderson was superb when he came on. His bravery in winning the ball actually led to our goal. Good play from Rae and then Smith with an equally good finish from Vernon. Although the 90 minutes prior to that were torture. We made Dunfermline look really good. I was distraught at the possibility of another 30 minutes of that so I went mental when we scored. Sheer relief.

In the hat now which is the main thing.

Agree with most of what you say Bobby.

Thought we were pretty woeful for the majority of the game.

Neither Osbourne or Robertson looked fit.

Langfield had an outstanding game and kept us in it.

Good to see Smith start and play the whole game, looked eager to impress and certainly not out of his depth

Clark actually had a half decent game......well one decent half the second one

Far from impressed with McGinn, looked totally disinterested and way off the pace.

Jason Brown.......ffs I put more effort into warming up before I step on the first tee.

All told, not great, but we are in the last eight and don't exactly have a particularily good record recently against teams from Fife ::)

That's what I forgot to say. I was really pleased with Clark in the second half. He was probing and effectively at that. Only for Hughes to waste a free kick in a dangerous position.

I thought Considine was excellent. He's really becoming one of our most valuable assets. I used to shit myself when he was near the ball (like I do right now when the ball goes anywhere near Langfield) but I have confidence in Considine now. Having said that about Clangers he did indeed keep us in it yesterday with a couple of really smart saves. Although I thought it was a bit rich in the first hlf when he was giving players a bollocking for not shouting! Minutes earlier he failed to command his area forcing Reynolds to fly in and head the ball behind (and almost into his own net). Good saves though.

Langfield was our MotM, kept us in it single handedly.

Midfield was poor again, my mate was calling out for 451 again to get more numbers in there.  Osbourne has by and large been a stand out this season and our team is worse without him, perhaps he wasn't fit last night but was very poor by his standards.  Our midfield without him is usually a pale imitation of our midfield with him.

Magennis is not a RB, should put Jack back in there, but on the occasions he got forward did cause trouble and should be kept as an impact sub.

Really the only outfield player to get pass marks was Smith how had some great touches looked lively and played a sublime ball for McGinn in the first half.

Looked better when Vernon came on but by that time had no idea what our actual formation was.

Overall they were better than us by some distance.  Was a bold move by Brown making so many changes, some enforced, and it didn't quite work.  I think Smith deserves another start but would imagine Fraser will come back into the team on Sat if fit moving Smith to the bench.

I'd be looking for a 442 with Vernon up top with McGinn or Smith but who knows what it will turn out like.

Worrying thing is that after a promising start and some excellent performances particularly v St J and Hearts we have got progressively worse over the last 3 games. Not sure why that is but a win and two draws are a good return given how poor we have been.

At least we are into the next round, now just to avoid Sevco