Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Anderson signs back on at club....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, btw, goodbye Arnason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Whether Arnason is made captain or not will not influence his thinking in whether he stays or goes.

Six or seven grand basic playing in Championship or maybe £3k per week and captain of Aberdeen.

There is only going to be one choice for him

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Whether Arnason is made captain or not will not influence his thinking in whether he stays or goes.

Six or seven grand basic playing in Championship or maybe £3k per week and captain of Aberdeen.

There is only going to be one choice for him

sorry, that was my fault with the way I wrote that.

I think the signing of Anderson in general, not the captain's armband/club captain is a sign that Arnason will be going.

glasgow don. "club captain" is what, some kind of ambassadorial (made up word alert) role?

that's not as bad as making him team captain then, but is twice as cringeworthy!!

why is this an issue?

punt mawene and possibly mcardle, replace with anderson and a full back or two.

I think this is a fantastic move. Remember, hartley was a big influence on the team, the problem was him being shit on the pitch. even if ando hardly plays, the club has it's leader back.

be happy you miserable cunts!  :thumbsup:

I love you for what you did previously Anderson, but I really think the wages should be elsewhere.

This

I would say that Ando lead more be example than as a barn storming rabble rousing captain so not sure how that will work if he isn't playing.

Anyway welcome back loon.

and this.

Would much rather the funds used for this were focused on us getting proper full backs and wingers in.

why is this an issue?

punt mawene and possibly mcardle, replace with anderson and a full back or two.

I think this is a fantastic move. Remember, hartley was a big influence on the team, the problem was him being shit on the pitch. even if ando hardly plays, the club has it's leader back.

be happy you miserable cunts!  :thumbsup:

Why punt fit players for one that is crocked? Doesn't make sense, our squad is thin enough as it is! From what i've seen and read, McCardle has been one of the better performers in recent weeks when he's been played in his position at CB. I don't want him to go.

I'm trying not to get lost in sentiment, as I said, loved him when he was here the first time round, but I really don't know if we can afford him as a player. No doubting he has a lot to offer when fit and I hope it works out. It's just a huge risk when pennies are as tight as they are already.

Seems like a silly decision though unsurprising. Whats the point in having a captain that probably won't be fit until next season?

I think he has only signed until the end of this season?  So he must be available to play soon?  If fit, he'd be my choice for captain, no question.

Do you lot not read? :D

The return of the 32 year old lifelong Aberdeen supporter is a huge lift to the Pittodrie club as manager Craig Brown outlines. "Russell has signed initially until the end of next season and, even although he is some weeks away from a return to full fitness, simply having him around the Club again is a tremendous boost to everyone.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120117/skipper-returns-home_2212158_2579594

Why punt fit players for one that is crocked? Doesn't make sense, our squad is thin enough as it is! From what i've seen and read, McCardle has been one of the better performers in recent weeks when he's been played in his position at CB. I don't want him to go.

I'm trying not to get lost in sentiment, as I said, loved him when he was here the first time round, but I really don't know if we can afford him as a player. No doubting he has a lot to offer when fit and I hope it works out. It's just a huge risk when pennies are as tight as they are already.

To be fair I may be letting 2011 cloud my judgement on that one. He can't be on much of a wage and so long as he's not RB he seems ok.

Mawene on the other hand is gash. What's the use of a "fit" player who's decision making is hopeless and is generally a bombscare. Same age as Anderson and surely not earning far, if any, less than Anderson.

And has no one noticed that 73 year old David Weir has today, according to BBC, "left rangers to continue his career in England."

Are people seriously suggesting that bell end in his 40s was capable, but Anderson won't ever be again??

If people won't at least give Anderson the benefit of the doubt, then who exactly would you?

He'll not be as good as he was for such prolonged periods as he was, but even with no knees at all I can't see how he could possibly make us weaker than we have been since he left.

Mawene out, Ando with Considine, McArdle and 2x loan/youth CBs. That still means all of arnie's (and I fear sadly ozzie's too) wages are there for FBs.

Don't need to spend on midfielders as a priority, unless Folly's dead and Grimmer's gone. Although a left winger would be nice.

Fallon and Mackie (and probably Paton too?) out for a stiker to go with Crespo, chalalalalalali...

Job's a goodun.

Sigma are getting fucking done in 2013  :thumbsup: