🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Inverness

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In/Out: Out

Pre match: Wedding in Ireland

Match: wedding (unless the groom bolts in which case involved in a high speed chase)

Post Match: Wedding dinner/ dance

Prediction: 3-1. Honestly just fucking watch them win 3-1 and then the press will be full of stories about how our strikers have now gelled and are gunning for dundee in the cup

In/Out: Out

Pre match: Pub

Match: South of France at a family BBQ

Post Match: swimming pool

Prediction: 0-1 a crowd to gather at team bus shouting their frustration followed by a Willie backs broon story , followed by a crowd shouting at pittodrie at the next home game for board / players/ broon to go. And the rollercoaster of supporting Aberdeen starts again

I was reading some stuff to see the caley team for tomorrow and there are several mentions to tomorrows game as a derby.

I dont think it is - we are too far apart right?!

In good news they seem to be short of a few players and Tokely’s red card appeal has been rejected.

I was reading some stuff to see the caley team for tomorrow and there are several mentions to tomorrows game as a derby.

In good news they seem to be short of a few players and Tokely’s red card appeal has been rejected.

Its been called that ever since we first played them in the scottish cup during Ebbes time

Standard lazy journalism. Both teams play way up north so are bitter 'local' rivals.

Inverness to Aberdeen - 101miles

Aberdeen to Perth - 88miles (never head our games with St Johnstone refered to as Derbies)

Aberdeen to Dundee - 65miles

I think the same when Real Madrid V Barcelona is referred to as a derby. It's over 300 miles apart.  ::)

I remember reading in a magazine a short bit about potential powder keg games that were coming up that weekend. Apparently Aberdeen V Inverness is an intense cauldron of hate.  :wave:

Craig Brown spoke to RedTV at lunchtime.

"We detect a very good atmosphere in the squad. The determination is there, the attitude is excellent in training and in the games. We have had one really indifferent game, I felt that was at Paisley. We just need a bit of luck, a turn of the ball to transform the league position. We are well aware though of the necessity to do well tomorrow.

"I genuinely don't detect any pressure on us at all, I detect a determination to rectify the indifferent results we have had and we are capable of that. We have to get off the ground sooner rather than later to get some points on the board. The atmosphere in training is good, the atmosphere in the dressing room is excellent and if the lads get what they deserve then that will be a victory. I am sure Terry Butcher will be saying the same to Inverness though.

"We need to have opportunities to score; we need to have that service. We haven't scored but you don't totally depend on your strikers to score. We have had midfield players hit the woodwork this season so we have had near misses in the games at critical times so I am not faulting the strikers exclusively because they haven't had tremendous service. We have had good opportunities but not an abundance of chances but if we make the number of chances as we have made in other games here tomorrow then I think we will score.

"We have been impressed with both trialists. Maceo Rigters had a pre arrangement to go to New Zealand with a view to playing in the Australian league so obviously if we were making him an offer he would be able to weight it against any potential offer from Australia. Mohamed Chalali is still here. We are pleased with what we saw in training and are in negotiations with him to see if it is possible to bring him here. It is very unlikely that anything would happen before tomorrow in time for the game because there is so many imponderables, clearance from the other side, international clearance, work permits.

"When you look at last season, Inverness CT had an excellent spell and were just about a top six place so they will be feeling the same as we are. Inverness is a far better team than their league position and so is Aberdeen. Something has got to give here and there is going to be one successful team and we hope to make sure that is Aberdeen. Although last year we finished below Inverness I am optimistic that we can finish above a good number of the teams who finished above us last season.

"The only pressure I feel is to the excellent fans we have here. There is no pressure in that dressing room or on the management. We hate to see disappointed Aberdeen supporters, they don't deserve that. That's the pressure if you call it pressure but we are determined to turn things around for Aberdeen and I am sure we will. I am absolutely confident we can transform the atmosphere on the terraces. The players know when they are playing badly or are just unlucky and we could have had a lot more points already this season.

"At this juncture I think any win would be acceptable. A stylish win isn't essential, that would be a bonus we want to win a game obviously and get some points on the board and get some justification for the optimism that I have about this team by getting results.

"The next three games are testing fixtures (Inverness, Dundee, Rangers) so we have got to be right up for them. The lads will be totally focused and they will give it their absolute best to get results which will please folks.

No pressure, no new striker, no luck.