Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Kari Arnason

ABERDEEN FC this afternoon won their fight to sign Icelandic international Kari Arnason.

The Aberdeen team faced competition from at least one club in England for the 28-year-old former Plymouth Argyle player.

But Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown beat them and Arnason will officially become a Dons player on Monday after undergoing a medical at Pittodrie.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonzalez, Mawene, Osbourne, Arnason, Clarke, Milsom.  Given the strength of these signings I'd hope the striker to come in is decent also.

A fit Pawlett, a fit Fyvie, Aluko still not signed up elsewhere, Foster back, Folly to come back, and likely some loans to come in. Mackie's even in the last year of his contract so we'll surely get 10+ goals from him.

I'm almost not ashamed to admit to being an Aberdeen fan for the first time since Sigma Olomouc. :thumbsup:

We need another striker.

EDIT: this looks like a good solid signing.  I'm almost positive now we'll be playing 3-5-2 or at least trying it out at some point in the season.

CB said the same thing (regarding the striker). It's on the official site too saying that he's agreed to sign and just needs to pass his medical on monday before putting pen to paper.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110716/icelandic-international-kari-arnason_2212158_2393747

Perhaps its a case of him not fancying them?

Hes just been sacked by a club for refusing to accept 30% of his agreed salary for the 7th straight month when hearts say 'hey come up here for a trial'

Heads up there and thinks 'hey this isnt too bad...hmm dont know much about this team so ill google them when I get back to the hotel.'

Hes impressed with their History in the Tennants 6s etc but having been burned by his last club he does some digging into their off-field history.

He finds out what their debt it

He finds stories about players and backroom staff not recieving their pay on time on a couple of occasions.

He gets to see the whole Craig Thomson debacle.

Finally he sees press reports suggesting he was on trial because the Zander Diamond deal didnt go through

IM SECOND CHOICE BEHIND ALBERT STEPTOE!!!???

:lolabove:

Someone on mad was suggesting Kari Kari Kari Arnason, he's hard as fuck, he's as fuuucccckkk (to Karma Chameleon)

Interview with CB on Kari Arnason here:

http://www.northsound1.com/friday-sport-instant-replay

Bout time we had a Give it up song for one of our players

Nananananananananana  Kari Arnason Arnason KARI ARNASON

I love that tune, its ACE!

Bout time we had a Give it up song for one of our players

Nananananananananana  Kari Arnason Arnason KARI ARNASON

I love that tune, its ACE!

Im agreeing with that suggestion. Stuck in my head now. I'll be sure to try and get that started at an away game if hes playing well/scores