Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Three More Trialists

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought one of the benefits of our expereinced management team was that they had great contacts in the game. If these three are the sort of players that these contacts are producing then we are well and truely fucked.

When one o the boys told me we had an international striker fae Cameroon we 13 caps to his name on trial, I got kind o excited. Then i see his international goals for tally is zero! Still you have to start somewhere. Seems to have had his best scoring record playing in the swiss second division according to wiki :-\ Got to be better than Leon Mike, Mike, Mike!

When one o the boys told me we had an international striker fae Cameroon we 13 caps to his name on trial, I got kind o excited. Then i see his international goals for tally is zero! Still you have to start somewhere. Seems to have had his best scoring record playing in the swiss second division according to wiki :-\ Got to be better than Leon Mike, Mike, Mike!

Song asside, that really something we should be aspiring to or using as a benchmark? :(

No manc, it was really just an excuse to pull out that Auld chestnut of a song! :-) I was really thinking of another Zero-esq player to excite the fans. Mind you there are probably folk who would think that type of maverick player is the last thing we need, didn't show up often enough, was overated etc. I just hope we get someone quality.

No manc, it was really just an excuse to pull out that Auld chestnut of a song! :-) I was really thinking of another Zero-esq player to excite the fans. Mind you there are probably folk who would think that type of maverick player is the last thing we need, didn't show up often enough, was overated etc. I just hope we get someone quality.

I think we have players at the club already who can excite the fans (Fyvie, Pawlett... no pressure, lads  ;) ), I think what we really need is a couple of "solid professionals", guys who you know will give you a competent - good performance every week and who the youngsters can trust and learn from.

Totally agree Bobby. I just think we are maybe a bit lightweight in terms of creativity up front. Vernon is good at being at the right place at the right time with a decent poachers instinct. Maggeness, whos surname i still haven't learned how to spell, i ain't seen much of, so can't really comment on. Mackie, well, we all ken his game. Paton? Might come good with Brown hopefully. Then its down to the even younger strikers. A couple o injuries could make that front row pretty weak. I am sure Broony has it all under control :-)

I'm quite curious as to who the critics think is the kind of player we are capable of trying to sign that we are not already.  Ultimately the entire game in scotland is on its knees.  EG The huns are getting outbid by championship fucking cardiff city for what can only be described a player of youthful promise but questionable attitude.

The whole club level set up in this country is at its lowest point EVER and its probably going to get worse (i dont think to much but only because there is only so low its possible to delve).  Shit even a self proclaimed aberdeen fan in the twilight of his career isnt even that interested.  Why?  Because the league is shit.  There is no money.  There is no competition.  The interest in the league is dwindling exponentially as a result and the only spark of hope that clubs can hope to ignite in fans is through the development of youth.

There is very little that can be done about the state of affairs until the financial bubble bursts down south (which is surely inevitable) or the old firm fuck off and allow the scottish game to be competed amongst more than two teams though it is possible folk may just not care anymore even if their local side can win the league.

Craig Brown this afternoon confirmed that a number of the trialists who joined the Dons this week for pre-season training have been allowed to return home.

Goalkeeper Chris Oldfield will however join the team for their training camp in Holland in a bid to impress the manager.

Craig has not closed the door on any of the trialists joining the club in the future and was delighted with their efforts during training and the pre-season match against Brechin last night.

I would, thought he was never given much of an opportunity by calderwood and always left on the bench.  I remember him on a rare start against utd absolutely running the game, everything good went through, then he was promptly dropped the game after. 

The two trialists going to Germany are only just joining up with the squad so not Oldfield and Bendongo.

De Visscher - thought he was never given a chance and always found weird JC thought he was a "fast, tricky winger" before he joined.  He clearly wasn't that but the guy knew how to play football, a rare thing for our playing staff in recent seasons.