Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Gavin Rae

Well, it wouldn't be a transfer window without the mention of Gavin Rae joining us but it seems it's more of a possibility this time around.

Not sure about this, I have a feeling it's about 7 years too late as I worry that his legs are gone and he was never the quickest in his prime.

Ah that old chesnut, you almost get nostalgic about speculation of rae coming to aberdeen.  Not comvinced hes the killer ball playing midfielder we need at the moment. He would have good legs around him though if he did sign

Hartley out, Rae in?  Deep joy.  Gavin Rae at the very peak of his career wasn't even close to being as good as Paul Hartley.

Season hasn't ended yet and we're already linked with Weir, Dailly and Rae.  Craig Broon must be recruiting new blood for his British Legion dominoes team.

I dont have an issue with brown taking experience in to tutor the youth to be fair

As long as it's the right experience though. Hartley, if fit enough, would have been brilliant for us but he was clearly done. There isn't a great deal of point in having these guys at the club if they are no longer much use on the park.

It was the exact same with McNamara. there weren't many Dons fans unhappy we signed him, yet he was an utter disaster. 

Has he played much this past season?

As far as my incompetent interweb research goes, he appears to have only played a couple of games.

Is he just another potential crock taking up a wage? Another Velicka or Jackie Mcnamara or [insert name of one of dozens of past glass-legged players here]?

I hear Russell Anderson is on his way back.

That's a rumour I've heard too. Probably started by folk that have seen him out and about in Aberdeen.

You've got to be pleased if it's true (provided his injury problems are behind him). Easily the best central defender we've had in the last decade and in his last couple of seasons for us was outstanding. Given that we're in dire need of at least one central defender I think it'd be a great signing.

However I believe he's under contract for another year?

Hartley out, Rae in?  Deep joy.  Gavin Rae at the very peak of his career wasn't even close to being as good as Paul Hartley.

Season hasn't ended yet and we're already linked with Weir, Dailly and Rae.  Craig Broon must be recruiting new blood for his British Legion dominoes team.

Decent. We been linked with any more of the WC98 team?

Wouldn't mind seeing John Collins come in to replace Aluko.

This is all interesting stuff, finding out that Gavin Rae and Christian Dailly are still playing fitba... having said that, I'm not sure we need to be signing people in their mid to late 30s.

Totally uninspiring stuff from Broon.... and if these rumors have any bearing in reality then I think we're in for another bastard of a season. Not that I didn't think that already.

Gavin Rae is open to the idea of a move to his hometown club Aberdeen as he nears the end of his Cardiff contract.

The 33-year-old midfielder confirmed that Dons manager Craig Brown had approached his agent.

And he told BBC Radio Scotland: "It's definitely something I'm interested in. That's where I grew up and I always keep an eye out for their scores.

"I'll have to wait and see what else comes in. I want to play as long as I can because I love the game."

Brown handed Rae the first of his 14 Scotland caps in a friendly draw with Poland in 2001.

And the Aberdeen boss is keen to add experience to his callow squad after the departure of captain Paul Hartley who joined Alloa as player/manager this week.

"It's not just about money," Rae stressed when quizzed about his thoughts for next season.

"I'm open to anything. I still feel that I'm capable. I train 100% all the time and I think that I've been under-used at Cardiff this season, which is disappointing, but I don't feel off the pace at all.

"I really want to kick on and prove myself.

"I'll go away on holiday next week and then take it from there."

Rae moved from Dundee to Rangers in January 2004 for £250,000 and briefly captained the Glasgow side during the 2006/07 season after a series of injury setbacks.

He left Ibrox under freedom of contract in 2007 to join the Bluebirds.

The midfielder has made more than 150 appearances for Cardiff but has not been used in the first team since January.

I'd accept either of (nae both) of Rae or Dailly as an experienced quality pro to help guide our youngsters, but if AND ONLY IF they pass a full and rigorous fitness test and agree on some sort of "if you break down and can't play then you lose a %age of your pay" type clause.

Noticw also claims we're interested in Willo-the-wisp Flood. Thoughts? I'd ha thought we couldna match his wages.

I'd accept either of (nae both) of Rae or Dailly as an experienced quality pro to help guide our youngsters, but if AND ONLY IF they pass a full and rigorous fitness test and agree on some sort of "if you break down and can't play then you lose a %age of your pay" type clause.

Noticw also claims we're interested in Willo-the-wisp Flood. Thoughts? I'd ha thought we couldna match his wages.

Apparently we've offered him a contact as have Dundee United. We've apparently offered more money.

Quote from Chris Harvey, the STV presenter.

Well what a fucking surprise that would prove to be if quotation is true ::)

Of Floodm Rae and Dailly, I'd probably take Flood first. An utter cunt on the park, but so was Hartley, and at least he'd be our cunt