Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

How Excited Are You About The New Stadium?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I care in that I think it could be a disaster, exitement is maybe the wrong word. The finance isssue which the club seems to brush off like its not really there and transport to and from the stadium in particular still look like potential catastrophes to me. Of course I'm interested to see the finished product and hope that it proves to be a state-of-the-art venue with none of the drawbacks that some modern, soulless, identikit stadiums seem to have. How this could be quantified in a numerical fashion I'm not entirely sure

I care in that I think it could be a disaster, exitement is maybe the wrong word. The finance isssue which the club seems to brush off like its not really there and transport to and from the stadium in particular still look like potential catastrophes to me. Of course I'm interested to see the finished product and hope that it proves to be a state-of-the-art venue with none of the drawbacks that some modern, soulless, identikit stadiums seem to have. How this could be quantified in a numerical fashion I'm not entirely sure

Good post. I think excitement is entirely the wrong word from my point of view. The whole story has predcitably dragged on far longer than was necessary and it got boring some time ago. I gave it a 6 because it is a  critical move for the club, if things are done properly it will be a major plus for us, but there is also the capacity for it to bring us done further if it's not done properly as you say.

I gave it a 0.

I can't see a new stadium making things any better.  We need to get the fundamentals right first.  The whole project has been done without any thought for the hardcore dandys who live, eat and breathe AFC and (we all know this anyway) is totally a pocket-lining exercise for Stewarty Milne.  And of course, as far as I am concerned the dons are Pittodrie / Pittodrie is the dons and a shiny new stadium with no history doesn't hold much appeal to me.

I'll probably still go to the games once the stadium moves, although my enthusiasm for watching the crap that AFC preport to be football has decreased dramatically this season.  I know I've said this for the last few seasons, but I REALLY am not sure about renewing the season ticket this summer . . . . .  .

::)

I gave it a 2 but that is probably down to my feelings about the whole club at the moment. I cant remember the last time I even bothered to watch the highlights on the BBC web page.

Personally i think they have actually made it too big to begin with.

It is too small to host something like the UEFA cup final, There is no chance of us getting our act together to put a proper bid in the the Euros, Scotland seem to be permanantly based at Hampden now except for the odd friendly which could be played at any SPL (and some division 1 grounds), and because of Aberdeens location its only chance of being a league cup semi-final ground would be if Caley played St Johnstone.

With our average crowd dangerously close to (not already) below the 10000 mark and scottish football getting worse by the season Im concerned we might end up like Darlington.

Id have made the new stadium 15000 max to start with clear plans on how it could be expanded to 20000 or more should it be required)

I gave it a 2 but that is probably down to my feelings about the whole club at the moment. I cant remember the last time I even bothered to watch the highlights on the BBC web page.

Personally i think they have actually made it too big to begin with.

It is too small to host something like the UEFA cup final, There is no chance of us getting our act together to put a proper bid in the the Euros, Scotland seem to be permanantly based at Hampden now except for the odd friendly which could be played at any SPL (and some division 1 grounds), and because of Aberdeens location its only chance of being a league cup semi-final ground would be if Caley played St Johnstone.

With our average crowd dangerously close to (not already) below the 10000 mark and scottish football getting worse by the season Im concerned we might end up like Darlington.

Id have made the new stadium 15000 max to start with clear plans on how it could be expanded to 20000 or more should it be required)

Totally, there is no way the club can even justify us needing to have a higher capacity. We don't even get over 15k for OF matches anymore, and due to the clubs own inability to create a competitive team, we've become a sub 10K team. I think it just proves at how delusional the club are, that despite the fact the club have won F-all and have had 2 maybe 3 competitive seasons in the past 16 years, the fans would stick by them.

Incidentally, I gave it a 3, I think it looks ok, but there are more pressing issues on my mind atm, if they get addressed, then I will be more positive about the stadium. No point in having a nice new ground to watch a shite team play in front of a few thousand fans.

It was only a few years ago that we had 8 matches with more than 15k.  Surely it would be madness to choose a capacity based on our current ineptitude, would the board not then face the accusation of lack of ambition (yes I know)

How much more than 15k?

It was only 17 years ago out average crowd was 15k and we sold out for every old firm match. Then television coverage went through the roof and the clubs started charging over £20 to watch us pay st mirren or livingston.

lack of ambition would be to propose a stadium which would have a finished capacity of 15000.

Building one that is 15k with the potential for a quick extension to 20k in a few years should we start selling out would be the cautious dare I say sensible option.

Building a 20k stadium when crowds are falling all over the country (Even the Huns and tic are about 10k down) is living in denial as far as im concerned

Just do what MK Dons have done. Works for them and doesnt look too bad

Would need to redesign the stadium to have a completely separate upper tier

Plus MK dons have the advantae of having an average crowd of 10000 while in league 1. 2 promotions leads to a spell in the premiership were their crowds will double.

We on the other hand can only go down

Hopefully the new stadium will be good and some decent facilities and will help bring kids back to the 'family sections'.  I'd also like to think that AFC will have the sense to announce a section dedicated for the singers so that people can select on there season tickets where they want to sit so that the singers are not scattered around the ground for the first season, similar to what happened with Arsenal at the Emirates (not quite the same scale mind!)

Unfortunately what I can see happening is that AFC will sell out to the old Firm and allocate them a huge away section so that the noise from them far outweigh's our noise and that the OF have the upper hand before the game even starts. Boo!