Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

How Excited Are You About The New Stadium?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted 5; in reflection of my ambivalance about the new stadium.

I agree with all others who referred to the (lack of) quality of the team, however to just specifically answer re the move from Pittodrie then I think now it is necessary due to the money being spent trying to keep Pittodrie legal.

Would that be anymore than building a new ground?

How does anyone know how much they spend on keeping Pittodrie legal? Is it anymore than the £700,000 a year we spend servicing a debt that Milne has enforced on AFC? I can't see anything in the accounts about ground maintenance.

I voted 5; in reflection of my ambivalance about the new stadium.

I agree with all others who referred to the (lack of) quality of the team, however to just specifically answer re the move from Pittodrie then I think now it is necessary due to the money being spent trying to keep Pittodrie legal.

This official line from the club still annoys the fuck outta me. It's as if having a stadium so fans can come see the Dons is some sort of inconvenience for the fucking cunts that run our club.

Arseholes.

If the stadium really has crumbled so much that it costs a fortune to maintain, there's only one shower of bastards to blame for that, and its not the fans.

I think my issue is that I still don't really believe it'll actually happen. Maybe once we see some bricks getting placed I'll be more excited.

This is the thing.

They've been talking and talking and talking about a new stadium for years, and frankly they can have all the planning permission in the world to go ahead and build a stadium... but the long and short of it is that the club has precisely sweet fuck all in the way of the money needed to build even the most rudimentary of stadiums.

So these pricks are talking about a new stadium in the full knowledge that they haven't a pot to piss in.

It's just aggravating at this point.

Here's a board that has only ever shown an aptitude for pissing money away, and now people are supposed to be so gullible that this very same board can accumulate enough to get a mortgage on a minimum 30,000,000 stadium?

I'll say it again, when Aberdeen plays its first game at a new stadium I'll believe those lying cunts for the very first time.

Would that be anymore than building a new ground?

How does anyone know how much they spend on keeping Pittodrie legal? Is it anymore than the £700,000 a year we spend servicing a debt that Milne has enforced on AFC? I can't see anything in the accounts about ground maintenance.

This official line from the club still annoys the fuck outta me. It's as if having a stadium so fans can come see the Dons is some sort of inconvenience for the fucking cunts that run our club.

Arseholes.

If the stadium really has crumbled so much that it costs a fortune to maintain, there's only one shower of bastards to blame for that, and its not the fans.

Jute/tsr, I don't know the answer to your questions. Tbh, I haven't followed the stadium saga/debate closely so as dave_min alludes to, I seem to have accepted an official line from the club. Whatever the reason(s) the club are struggling to keep the stadium legal, I agree it's definitely not the fans fault though!

Jute/tsr, I don't know the answer to your questions. Tbh, I haven't followed the stadium saga/debate closely so as dave_min alludes to, I seem to have accepted an official line from the club. Whatever the reason(s) the club are struggling to keep the stadium legal, I agree it's definitely not the fans fault though!

Was having a go at the club there, nae you!

my main concern is that this project is being run by a group of individuals that every thing they have done has been a failure. I do not trust the board of directors at AFC in anyway, shape or form .To propose this without a sound financial packacke (i.e to leave the club with massive debt post construction) is an utter scandal.

I have a feeling that this will go one of two ways. Either it will be a roaring success, galvanise the support and things like our attendance will be good, with a bit of feel good factor about AFC, or it will qicken the death of the club as crippling debt hampers our ability not just to sign players, but to retain any youth players on a decent wage in which to build future squads.

I think it will be the latter.

• 2 weeks later...