Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

World has officially gone mad. Why are Killie sacking a manager when they are fifth in the league? They deserve to get relegated for that.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Neilson just quit the Arabs to return to Tynecastle.

Interested to see if he can actually turn them around again in the championship or perhaps just find himself added to the every expanding list of recent managers should they fail to get back to the premier at the first try

That is of course unless the courts rule in the Jambos favour (which no doubt will result in another law suit raised by Arabs, Raith & Cove)

Neilson just quit the Arabs to return to Tynecastle.

Interested to see if he can actually turn them around again in the championship or perhaps just find himself added to the every expanding list of recent managers should they fail to get back to the premier at the first try

That is of course unless the courts rule in the Jambos favour (which no doubt will result in another law suit raised by Arabs, Raith & Cove)

Going for a manager with a track record for escaping the championship would be my guess.

It's an eyebrow raiser for me.  I know he has a hertz connection but on the face of it utd are on the up and hearts don't even know when their going to be playing football.  I wonder if he'd been told shankland was going to have to be sold or hearts are really confident about their legal challenge. 

Did Neilson not get treated badly by Hearts when he ended up going to Franchise FC (MK Dons)?

Seems a strange move and honestly can't see it working out well.

Be interesting to see who the Joot appoint, hopefully it is someone who gets them relegated once again.  :D

Did Neilson not get treated badly by Hearts when he ended up going to Franchise FC (MK Dons)?

Seems a strange move and honestly can't see it working out well.

Be interesting to see who the Joot appoint, hopefully it is someone who gets them relegated once again.  :D

2.29425381.jpg

They’d be mental not to go for Tommy Wright. Guaranteed mid-table finishes for at least 5 years, for Dundee United that’s like having a free lifetime supply of Calor Gas.

He'll be holding out for the N.I gig.

If he doesn't get that then, then I'd agree with you Slim

Wonder if he will do a fake Dundee accent.

:laughing:

It's not gonna happen. Surely?

He's a washed up has been who never was.

I know we've got fucking idiots in this country and at every level of our game but this would be the mouldy rotten icing of a cake baked with sick. And sick in its original meaning, not the modern shite.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yogi returns. Fantastic. Long overdue. Hopefully we'll make it shree victories over them this season the next time we play them.

Fucking hell Rico, I was just told this and thought it was a joke to be honest.

Note it is just until the end of the season but I'd imagine if he keeps them up then he'll get a longer term contract.

3 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Note it is just until the end of the season but I'd imagine if he keeps them up then he'll get a longer term contract.

Aye, shree year deal I would think.

I find it difficult not to love Yogi like, he's brilliant fun. Relegating Raith is definitely the path to a job in the premiership. It's the managerial equivalent of signing Derek Young from first division Partick Thistle because he's good to have about the place.

I hope he keeps them up though, I like County. If he does take them down, it'll end in a massive rant about modern players caring about their haircuts more than football or some accidental racism about our foreign boys not being up for it in the conditions.

Welcome back Yogi.

10 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Fucking hell Rico, I was just told this and thought it was a joke to be honest.

I just accused the person who sent it to me of ripping the piss. 

Really sad reflection on state of Scottish Football that this clown gets a gig. 

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/john-hughes-appointed-manager