Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Aberdeen Celtic semi final 17th April 12.45ko

I was right behind the goals the penalties were taken at, a happy ending to a largely forgettable encounter. 

Anton Rogan, lol.

Me too. Fantastic drama and a great outcome!  :thumbsup:

Were you worried about charlie Nick's penalty too? If I remember correctly he'd already signed for timothy and it was his last game for us.......I have a memory of him scoring a beauty! ;D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise. I will never, ever forget the bounce when Theo saved Rogan's penalty and then when Irvine scored.

Celtic probably had most of the ball but we had the best chances - Nicholas had one cleared off the line early on and Gillhaus had a header into the side netting and that was it really. Grant saved us though in the last minute, ran the length of park near enough to stop Joe Miller scoring after he skinned McLeish.

I honestly cant even remember that. I think the penalties became my main focus of the day, and on reflection my only clear memories of the day.

I was also only 17 and still relatively new to alcohol abuse.

Likewise. I will never, ever forget the bounce when Theo saved Rogan's penalty and then when Irvine scored.

Celtic probably had most of the ball but we had the best chances - Nicholas had one cleared off the line early on and Gillhaus had a header into the side netting and that was it really. Grant saved us though in the last minute, ran the length of park near enough to stop Joe Miller scoring after he skinned McLeish.

I was 9 we (me my Dad my mates and their Dads) were in the "Family" terracing which I think meant in reality a free for all. Still being 9 we could shout and sing whatever we felt like and there was fuck all the Tim's around us could do. Got a few skelps on the back of the head from the Dads and got told not to lower ourselves to "their" level, which may have been as a result of joining in with a few unsavoury noises made in the direction of Paul Elliot.

Was convinced on the day that Gillhaus' header went through a hole in the net. Was Nicholas' effort not virtually straight from kickoff?

I was 9 we (me my Dad my mates and their Dads) were in the "Family" terracing which I think meant in reality a free for all. Still being 9 we could shout and sing whatever we felt like and there was fuck all the Tim's around us could do. Got a few skelps on the back of the head from the Dads and got told not to lower ourselves to "their" level, which may have been as a result of joining in with a few unsavoury noises made in the direction of Paul Elliot.

Was convinced on the day that Gillhaus' header went through a hole in the net. Was Nicholas' effort not virtually straight from kickoff?

Nicholas's effort was about 10-15 minutes in I think, seem to remember that Bonner had dropped a cross and Nicholas spun and had a shot but Elliott cleared it off the line.

That game also saw Mike Galloway come off the bench and make a thigh high challenge on Robertson when the ball was on the deck. He'd have got a straight red and a 100 game ban for it these days... think he just got a stern talking to from whatever fuckwit was in black that day. Probably George Smith, he had a particular loathing for us.

I had the dubious pleasure of being on a Cub Camp somewhere nr Clachnaben while we played Celtic in that final.  I had instructed my dad to record the game (for which he had to borrow a VHS recorder from the school he worked at) but I'm not sure I ever saw any video.

I remember being crowded round a car listening to the pens go in only for some killjoy akela-type to order us in for dinner  :hammer:

I had to be sober at the final as I was driving myself and my brother back to aberdeen in my works van.

Must be about the fastest ever trip from Glasgow as, if memory serves, the polis gave us priority out of the Mount Florida area ans I think I was something like 2 hrs 10 mins from the stadium to the Ferryhill!!!!!!!

Astramax vans: Invisible to police speed checks!

as tsr has said no...in fact he was crap

try and find out how many games he actaully played for us ;)

He did have a horrendous run of broken legs though, in fairness. Did he not score for us in the league match at parkhead the midweek before the final? We fielded a weakened side, they didn't as they still had to qualify for Europe and we pumped them 3-1? Think Jess got the other 2.

Just seen STV coverage of the semi-final. Diamond certainly speaking as if this is his last season in a Aberdeen shirt, Hartely looking on course to be fit and Smith and McNamee not going to make it by the sounds of it.

Smith and to a lesser extent, McNamee are blows. Means we have to stick midfielders or central defenders in the full back positions.

Just seen STV coverage of the semi-final. Diamond certainly speaking as if this is his last season in a Aberdeen shirt, Hartely looking on course to be fit and Smith and McNamee not going to make it by the sounds of it.

Smith and to a lesser extent, McNamee are blows. Means we have to stick midfielders or central defenders in the full back positions.

:dance:

In/oot: In

Pre match: Train of shame from Gourock

Match: Rangers end. Couldn't possibly let ra Cellic not have their own end at the 'neutral' stadium ::)

Post match: Hopefully still at Hampden

Delusion: 2-1 Aberdeen.

In/Oot - Oot [mainly due to Sunday early ko]

Pre-match - My bed, shower, sheep pattern or red/white jammies on, dogs Aberdeen scarf on!

Match - Couch, shouting at TV  [Have upgraded my Virgin package for the minimum 30 days]

Post match - If weather forecast accurate, working on my garden renovation!

Prediction - season over  :( 

In/Oot - Oot

Pre-match - If I can be arsed Bank Bar if not flat.

Match - If I can be arsed Globe if not flat.

Post match - Globe of Flat

Prediction - Hoping for Dons win by any means. Expect another doing from the filthy beggars.