Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rory McAllister

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throigh a couple of contacts at ict and know he works with a friend of mine as an apprentice plumber i know a fair bit abouy him.  Was a really promising young player and fucked it up due to and i quote "he'd be happier working in macdonalds and going out on the blaze with his pals at the weekend".  Thats why ict got rid bu he seems to have screwed the nut a bit more as hes got older.  I can confirm that he is thick as mince and not just about life decisions.  No doubt he's talented though and some players dont really start to develop properly till they reach their mid twenties

Scored twice against St Johnstone yesterday

Not saying he's good or bad here (because I don't know enough about him to have an opinion) but I watched the highlights of that game and I'm not sure what was on display really classed as football. It was more rolling around in the mud with a little bit of action here and there. The pitch was an absolute nonsense.

Not saying he's good or bad here (because I don't know enough about him to have an opinion) but I watched the highlights of that game and I'm not sure what was on display really classed as football. It was more rolling around in the mud with a little bit of action here and there. The pitch was an absolute nonsense.

Glad your not saying he looked bad on that surface as that would be a total nonsense from what I seen, looked outstanding.

Might just be that McAllister has found his level. Big step up to play SPL football from the level he is at presently. He might also be happy with the level he is playing at given the fact he has a full time job also. We might be better off trying to bring through the likes of Paton, Magennis or Megginson  ???

Might just be that McAllister has found his level. Big step up to play SPL football from the level he is at presently. He might also be happy with the level he is playing at given the fact he has a full time job also. We might be better off trying to bring through the likes of Paton, Magennis or Megginson  ???

This is the way I see it too, a good scoring record in the second division is something the likes of Bryan Prunty can boast.

That said, I don't know a huge amount about the guy and he took his second goal against St Johnstone very well.

I have seen McAllister play a few times. No doubt in my mind that he is nowhere near good enough to play at SPL level. Blackman, Vernon and McGennis all significantly better than him.

He is similar in stature to Lee Miller. With none of Lee's ability.

I have seen McAllister play a few times. No doubt in my mind that he is nowhere near good enough to play at SPL level. Blackman, Vernon and McGennis all significantly better than him.

He is similar in stature to Lee Miller. With none of Lee's ability.

I wish any of our strikers would take on the St Johnstone defence like he did!

Guest ally s

Don't think you can base this on one performance. The conditions were probably suited to his style of play.

Go and elaborate on that Manc cos I'm fucked if I know what you're on about?  ???

Go and elaborate on that Manc cos I'm fucked if I know what you're on about?  ???

sorry, i meant more the occassion than anything else. Probably a heavier pitch than what some of those players are used to playing in the spl. As i said, can't judge him on one game, though having a player that ups their game for a cup game would be nice to have...

Aberdeen FC keen on Brechin’s McAllister

Rory out of contract in the summer

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 21/03/2011

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today admitted Brechin City striker Rory McAllister is on his list of potential summer signings.

McAllister, who was released by Aberdeen FC as a youngster, has netted 23 goals in all competitions already for Brechin this season.

The 23-year-old, who plays part-time for the Second Division side and works as a plumber in the Granite City, is out of contract in the summer.