Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Rory McAllister

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the negativity towards RM is somewhat harsh.Ā  If you look at some of the players that have come up to the spl in recent years and done really well it shows that the drop in standard from the spl isnt as high as it used to be.Ā  Swanson and conway at utd, stevenson and templeton and webster at hertz all spring to mind.Ā  Some of these boys started of their careers at bigger clubs too before dropping down to the lower leagues, impressing, then getting back to being pro's again.Ā  If we sign RM then its clearly because CB thinks he's worth a shot and should be treated as such, treating him with contempt just because he came from being part time is fucking stupid.Ā  I know for a fact that the boy had an attitude problem as a kid (see my earlier post on this thread) and i also know from someone he works with that he's really started screwing the nut over the past year or so.Ā  His form suggests he is worthy of a second chance, i have been very frustrated by some of the bargains that have been picked up from the lower leagues over the past 5 years by other clubs when afc have clearly been clueless as to the players existence.Ā  I hope we do sign him, he was a player of real potential as a kid and maybe he's on the verge of realising it.

• 2 months later...

Former Brechin striker Rory McAllister has said he wants to play full-time football next season.

Ā 

The 24-year-old scored 29 goals for the Second Division side last season.

Ā 

And the striker, who is now a free agent, has been interesting clubs in Scotland and England.

Ā 

St Johnstone, St Mirren and Aberdeen have all been linked with the player, while Charlton, Sheffield United and Port Vale are also understood to be keen.

Ā 

Third Division club Peterhead have already made the player a part-time offer, but McAllister told BBC Scotland he now wanted full-time football.

Ā 

"I am wanting to go full-time. I'd like the opportunity to do that. I want to play at that level, but I know I've got to earn the right to play. I'm looking forward to the challenge of going full time," he said.

Ā 

The Aberdeen-born player began his career with his hometown club before making his name with Inverness CT, including a spell on loan at Peterhead.

Ā 

After being released by the Highland side in January 2009, McAllister signed for Brechin, scoring 34 goals in his first season with the club.

Ā 

McAllister is in the final year of his apprenticeship as a plumber, but said he will put that on hold if the opportunity for full-time football came up.

Ā 

"I am in my third year and still have some exams to complete, but I want to play full-time and, once I am back from holiday on Saturday, I hope to get something sorted out," added McAllister.

Ā