Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen struggling to agree terms with star striker Chris Maguire, admits WM

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, this seems to be suggesting that £400k is what we will be getting compensation for him in the summer if he goes, so we are looking for a bit more than that now if anyone is interested.

Think Brown would be doing this for one of two reasons.  Either to put him in the market now, and try and raised some cash.  Or to put him in the market to try and show that no-one is willing to pay that now to encourage him to sign a new deal. 

Personally, unless there is a decent amount over the predicted compensation offered this month, I don't see the point in selling him.  The January market is over-inflated, so Brown won't be spending the money now (it may even disappear and be forgotten about by summer).  Not only that, but every signing so far has been short-term contracts as Brown wants to rebuild in the summer.

He's only been half decent for the past 6 months, if that.  I'd make him a final offer and if he refuses then I'd drop the fucker from the squad and see how much interest he gets from not being in the shop window.

If he still goes then we get £300-400k development fee (if that's true) and it also sets a president to any other youth players that they still have a long way to go before the can start acting like prima donnas.

We made him, we should have the balls to break him.

Not sure I'd even go back 6 months... Last few games maybe as he's been consistent. But it shows you what can happen under the right manager, playing in a team with confidence.

The Hibs game was the first I can remember where he has played decent on the wing. Saw him play on the wing against Alloa and he was pathetic; but got moved into the middle in the last 20 mins and had a decent game and scored a cracker. Will be interesting to see where he slots in the next couple of months.

I'd like to see him stay on though. Seems to be developing a great partnership with Vernon.

Not sure I'd even go back 6 months... Last few games maybe as he's been consistent. But it shows you what can happen under the right manager, playing in a team with confidence.

The Hibs game was the first I can remember where he has played decent on the wing. Saw him play on the wing against Alloa and he was pathetic; but got moved into the middle in the last 20 mins and had a decent game and scored a cracker. Will be interesting to see where he slots in the next couple of months.

I'd like to see him stay on though. Seems to be developing a great partnership with Vernon.

I think this pretty much sums it up for me, in particular the last bit! Probably our most efficient partnering we've had for years i would have thought?

WTF  :o

Blackburn Rovers.......would certainly be above the level I would have expected  ???

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6686779,00.html

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-huh.

Willie McKay : Steve! steve! steve! steve! steve! steve! steve!

Steve Kean : Mmm?

Willie McKay : Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve!

Steve Kean : What do you want?

Willie McKay : STEVE!

Steve Kean : WHAT?

Willie McKay : Chris Maguires pretty good, isn't he?

Steve Kean : Mmm? Sure, Willie. Whatever. Fine.

News International : Blackburn swoop for Maguire.

Willie McKay in today's EE: "We have yet to receive a firm contract offer from anyone for Maguire".

Brown in today's EE: "We've had no approaches for Chris or any of the other players whose contracts are due to expire at the end of the season.  I've already stated that I'm hoping Chris will stay here".

• 2 weeks later...